Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a broken Pleo/ foot with battery clock  (Read 9291 times)

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Pleo(s): Taz, (Ugobe)and the Rb Maladeta, Ellie, Jace, Basil ,Jeff, Django and Bentley
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
Looking for a broken Pleo/ foot with battery clock
« on: May 25, 2016, 05:53:50 PM »

Hi
I am looking for a piece of foot of pleo, where the battery clock is. If you Heard about of have a broken one to send away, I think it Will be Jace last chance  :o

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Pleo(s): Taz, (Ugobe)and the Rb Maladeta, Ellie, Jace, Basil ,Jeff, Django and Bentley
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
Re: Looking for a broken Pleo/ foot with battery clock
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 12:41:34 PM »

I don't think it will be necessary coz Jace has starting to develop other problems, his tail and front feet go crazy and don't stop clicking and he doesn't Ever do his damned beep :(
I think Jace is totally dead :(

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 01:30:35 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear about Jace, Sansan. I wouldn't just toss him out though. I'd try selling him here as a parts pleo. If Kat and Crewella didn't have extra broken pleos around, Cato would not be walking right now.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 02:58:33 PM »

Does he turn on? Because if the clock battery does not work, the Pleo won't even turn on.

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 04:43:20 PM »

A few days ago he didn't Turn on buy open his mouth and beep because the clock battery wasn'y recognized. Today this is worst, he don't beep and I can't reset the noon button. Moreover his legs keep clicking and his tail is weird. He seems out of control

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 07:05:51 AM »

*Confused face* That's odd. Normally  when the clock battery isn't recognizing, the pleo won't even move. So is he twitching and moving in an odd way that causes his motors to click? This pleo is sounding like one big mystery. Could you make a video?
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 09:35:23 AM »

In first Jace was just acting like a pleo without clock battery, doesn't turn on, mouth open and beeping even if I reset the belly button reset. Now when I turn him on he didn't do anything, don't beep but when I put the belly reset button his leg go crazy, or his tail, or he make strange move with his body. Jace is weird! I will try to make some video
Update ! My husband make the soldier on his foot compartiment and Jace beep like he did not recognize the battery again. Noon reset button is ok.
I think there is a loose wire between this compartiment and his body. Is someone who knows where this could be?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:05:00 PM by Sansan »

pnhicks

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 01:07:15 PM »

Dear Sansan,

I possess one Rb rear foot with real time clock/weight on foot sensor.  I also have the entire leg with servos and wiring harness. As to your questions about the connector locations, please see attached photos.  I doubt the connector is loose, they are quite snug!  I have damaged several attempting to remove them as I am ham fisted.

What I have seen a lot of are pinched or crimped wires that were poorly routed or more likely rerouted and caught in a joint or between reassembled parts. Even more likely is that just one of the thousand of tiny little bits soldered to the circuit boards let the magic smoke out.

In any case take a look at the photos and let me know!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/klzuyx8wb1e747z/20160601_201517.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/34x075wgkoufpn8/20160601_201702.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f29pzlpod115gy1/20160601_202331.jpg?dl=0

Cheers!

Peter in Spain.

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 01:21:55 PM »

Hi Peter ! Thanks for the photos, i don't know what is really the problem with Jace, but if you sell your leg I'm very interested ;D

pnhicks

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 02:05:44 AM »

Dear Sansan,

I  am not against the idea of selling the foot and or leg assy but as you don't seem to have a clear idea as to the nature of the malfunction, I would hate for you to receive the leg and not have your Rb be in any better shape!

I do need a battery how ever and if you had a spare battery I would be willing to trade it for the leg assy!  Beware that the leg assy plugs into a motherboard just aft of the main body pivot and requires some disassembly to replace!

Your choice.

Best wishes,

Peter

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 02:35:39 PM »

Dear Peter

As I pm you I ve taken my other rb Bentleys foot battery compartiment and test it in Jace and he did not recognize the battery clock either so I won't need another foot. I will try to have a look again in Jace body but I think I will probably sold Jace for parts as Talon suggest me. It s a great idea since he runs perfectly the skits I think all is working good except this damned clock.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal