Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where buy buy Pleo batteries?  (Read 12642 times)

Tattoo123

• Hatchling
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): No name
Where buy buy Pleo batteries?
« on: April 03, 2016, 07:59:55 AM »

I have an original Pleo with a non charge holding battery. Does anyone know where to get a new one? Pleo world.com won't accept orders on them.

Thanks

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Where buy buy Pleo batteries?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 11:51:40 AM »

Hi, Tattoo123 and welcome to the forums! What? *gets big eyes* Pleoworld isn't selling Ugobe batteries anymore? Are you sure? i know you won't find the egg batteries there but I think you should find something for the Ugobe 2009 version, or else that multi-pleo battery that will work in both Ugobe and RB. You might have to buy a battery as a charging bundle- a cradle, charger, and adapter. I can't believe they're not selling those batteries. Hang on let me take a look here.
Crap. My screenreader is NOT liking the Pleoworld site anymore. Too many image files with really long numbers and embedded objects everywhere. I can't read half this thing now. Darn I can't help you out here. I think there is a seller on EBay from Itally that Piggy and some others have used. Sadly nobody is selling the Egg batteries now. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Tattoo123

• Hatchling
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): No name
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 04:54:22 PM »

Thanks talon! Your helpful with my Aibos and now Pleo! Will the rb battery run in the original?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 06:10:18 PM »

*Smile* Glad to help you out here too. To answer your question, no. Your RB battery will not even fit in your Ugobe. If you'll look at the two batteries next to each other with their keys facing downward just as they would be inside the pleo, you'll see why. The little... *searches for a word*... nub that enters the pleo's belly where the USB cable would go is more narrow and stick-like on an RB battery. The one for the Ugobe is shaped differently. I'm sure Piggy or Kat or any of the others who have dealt with that Italian seller will comment here soon.
Talon
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 10:01:02 AM by Talon »
Talon

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 01:12:43 AM »

Piggy

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 11:32:57 AM »

I also have that battery that HuggieZ shows , it is great you can use it for your RB and Ugobe , but I also bought a refurbished one and it is much cheaper and it works great  :D! If I need something for my Ugobe pleo I buy it from her. I have two ugobe pleo's from her and they both came with the refurbished battery. It works for an hour and a half.  I can really reccomand her. http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Pleo-robot-BATTERY-Pleo-robot-time-2700mAh-super-power-guaranteed-3-months-/222069817227?hash=item33b4647f8b:m:mKJSreLBVZAP8g5ksWQ-Zcg
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:46:12 AM by Piggy »

thesirjay

• Hatchling
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Saurie
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 01:46:42 PM »

I have a 2009 Pleo and would like to hear if anyone else has leads particularly on the ucube dinosaur egg version (2 hours of battery life is a huge improvement). I am in the US and it seems like listings for these including amazon all show as no longer available.  I have 3 batteries but they all seem to have given up the ghost.

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 07:52:32 AM »

Having the same issue as talon,
  Need a new green battery for classic Pleo  as my original one is as dead as a dodo. However  the screen reader  doesn’t like the pleoworld sight anymore than talon’s does. All I get is a lot of graphic number symbols and something  called Chinese letter  constantly being read back to me so can’t really make sense  of the page.
  Does anyone  know where I can get a replacement  battery that will work for classic pleo in the UK or EU?
  Is that guy in Italy still operating and if so has  anyone in the UK used him? Just want to know what shipping and import charges  I’m likely to face.  I thought  that buying with in EU would mean vat is already included in the price  but  sure UK  custemss probably have some other kind of hidden charge they  are prepared to slap on anyways lol.

Anyway sorry for all the questions and hope this is OK to post here.
  Louise.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 10:54:55 AM »

Hi, thesirjay! None of us have been able to find a new source for the egg batteries. The only sellers of any sort of pleo batteries that I am aware of are either Pleoworld or the seller Piggy is recommending further up in this thread. It's a pitty too because those egg batteries were awesome! You may just have to settle for an hour and a half. As Scaledandtailed indicated though, I can't tell for sure if even Pleoworld is still an option as I am limited by my screen reader. I hope you can source a battery from somewhere to get your little one going again.
At Scaledandtailed: Hi! It's been for ever since I've seen you! Just wanted to say welcome back!
Talon
Talon

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Pleo(s): Taz, (Ugobe)and the Rb Maladeta, Ellie, Jace, Basil ,Jeff, Django and Bentley
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 01:46:59 AM »

Hei the italian seller is still working, I've bought him some Pleo Stuff last month. Since I'm in France I don't know the shippement for uk, and I've maid a lower offer that the original price and he aggreed so I didn't pay any 😁

scaledandtailed

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 02:24:32 PM »

Thanks for that Sansan.
  Haven’t found his details yet but I’ll search for them soon.
 Would refer the batteries that work in both classic and RB models but not quite brave enough to try pleoworld given its accessibility issues.

To Talon
 Thanks for the welcome
 Hope you are well.

Thanks again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal