Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions from new Pleo owner  (Read 6055 times)

subspace

Questions from new Pleo owner
« on: May 25, 2016, 02:05:58 PM »

Hi I recently bought an original Pleo that has a few issues.

One is that it only seems to work for about 20 seconds then just stops dead. If I turn it off and back on it repeats the same behavior. I think it is a duff battery but if someone has a multimeter I would appreciate if they could tell me what the current output of a good battery should be.

The second is the negative battery spring is bent at an odd angle. It seems to still make contact but I wonder if it can be fixed. If I try to straighten it, it just bends back. I didn't want to bend it too far in case it broke off.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Questions from new Pleo owner
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 02:41:43 PM »

Hi! The most likely candidate is definitely a bad battery since all of the original Ugobe batteries hold a 15 minute run time at best and most all are just plain dead. I've even found ones that are corroded. I would buy a new battery from Pleo World or a repacked one from eBay and check if that fixes the issue. Do not attempt any updates if you suspect a bad battery, as this can cause serious harm to the Pleo. I don't know about fixing the spring, but if the Pleo is starting up at all, it seems like it's making contact and I personally wouldn't mess with it. Hope this helps!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal