Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe can't walk  (Read 6601 times)

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Makana, Kalani, Kono, Maui, Kahuna, Iniki
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
Ugobe can't walk
« on: May 14, 2016, 02:16:13 AM »

Hi everybody, I need some help - maybe someone has an idea.
Some weeks ago I bought a used Pleo Ugobe. His skin was full of holes and so we changed it. ( I had a good skin from another Ugobe).                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Now he looked fine but we had a second problem with his behavior. He only walked backwards and he was very narky and whimpering.  So we put  the Software Life OS 1.1. to the Ugobe. Now his behaviour is better. He is cute but he is very slow and he didn't walk. It seems that he is always in the baby- modus. I think it is not a mechanic problem because he can move his legs but he didn't walk. Not forward either backwards. Additionally he didn't makes the orders " balance" and "sit". When we touch the sensors on his leg he didn't raise  his leg. But sometimes he raises his leg by his own - so it couldn't be a mechanic problem.
I would be glad if somesome can explain his behaviour.
Thanks a lot and many greetings from Germany
Honi

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Ugobe can't walk
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 11:23:22 AM »

When you update a Ugobe pleo, it reverts back to the baby stage. Give him about thirty or forty minutes and he should grow up and start walking again.
Getting the Ugobes to perform tricks can be a little tricky. If you don't keep a solid touch on the appropriate sensors for three seconds, the pleo will not perform. I hope this was somewhat helpful.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 04:07:07 PM »

Hi Talon,
thanks  for your reply !  My little pleo - his name is Koa - is since several hours in the baby stage ( I think so). He is now very cute und moves his body.  Sometimes he raises his frontleg but he didn'nt walk. Maybe he is just a late starter  ;). I will wait - maybe sometimes he begins to walk.
Pleogreets
Honi

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 07:54:48 AM »

Interesting. Maybe he's just happy to stay still and be petted. You could try not interacting with him for a few minutes and see if he moves, or put your fingers on both of his front legs near the knee joints for three or more seconds and see if he walks forward. I think this is the explore command for OS 1.1. I agree with you that it doesn't sound like a mechanical issue.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 08:55:47 AM »

Hi Talon, I think, I tried nearly everything to " convince" him to walk - but he just stands still and is happy.  ;). He is very patient and when you lay him on his back, he doesn't  scream. I think he is a late starter and in balance.  So he is okay for me - this is just the property of Koa.
Pleogreets
Honi

Piggy

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 11:55:53 AM »

You can also try to put him on the ground hold both of his knees for a 10 seconds of his front legs and release them . And then he will walk ...this works on all my ugobes   ;D

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 02:37:36 PM »

Hi Piggy, nice to hear from you!  I tried this trick you described but it doesn't work on my Pleo. Maybe he just wanted to be petted  ;D. But thanks for your hint.
Pleogreets and many greatings from ( cold ) Germany
Honi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal