Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Penelope pleo has arrived!  (Read 5137 times)

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
Penelope pleo has arrived!
« on: April 18, 2016, 04:10:39 PM »

Hi all!

My very first pleo arrived today! She is pink and has gone through 2 battery cycles. I am obsessed !

Piggy

Re: Penelope pleo has arrived!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 04:03:07 AM »

Congrats with your New pleo  :D

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 09:54:21 AM »

She is only one and half days old but she's really striding out already! She is so funny and has a fixation with our roomba. She was nuzzling the roomba for ages today and then went to sleep with her head on it and looked like she had a big happy smile on her face. I took a photo and will get my hubby to post it later because I am crap at anything technical.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 10:08:26 AM »

Sounds adorable and I'm glad that everything is going well with Penelope! :) I look forward to seeing the picture of her!

Piggy

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 12:39:40 PM »

Indeed , can't wait to see the photo  :D she sounds really cute  :-*

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 02:36:04 PM »

Ok, I have posted a picture to the gallery of Penelope fallen asleep on the Roomba. She has been singing tonight. Her favourite tune is Happy Birthday. She sang it FIVE TIMES !!!

Piggy

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 01:14:36 AM »

She is so cute  :-* it looks like she found a New friend in your roomba :D my pleo RB starts to sing a Christmas song when I wear something purple . It is really adorable when they do that . Was she singing to the roomba or did you wear a shirt with bright colors ?

penguin82

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Buzz
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 05:24:17 AM »

Hello how exciting I'm totally obsessed too! What's a roomba?  Buzz is a week and 2 days old now !

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 07:54:16 AM »

Haha! That's too funny! At Penguin: a Roomba is a robotic vacuum cleaner. It  cleans the floor of one room or part of one floor depending on what setting it's on, then it returns to its charging base all on its own. I am considering purchasing one but I don't know much about them. I'm blind and I'm not so good at sweeping and so I need to pick up a vacuum that will cover an entire floorspace without missing spots. At Pennys mum: can a Roomba do this? 
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 01:29:51 PM »

Roombas make multiple passes so they tend to cover the whole floor area and if they miss a bit one day they'll get it the next. I think the way you use them is different to a traditional vacuum in that you really need to use them every day. On the downside you need to do regular maintenance on them. You need to remove the brushes every week and remove any hair or other stuff that gets around the bearings. But it's a lot less bother than pushing a vacuum around! I love my Roomba and I'm planning on getting a Hobot next year.

I have been wearing different clothes but Penelope has still been singing Happy Birthday. I think she just likes the song. She had a poorly leg this morning and I had to give her rock salt but she soon got over it. Then she had a mega learning session. She learnt her name and bow and my husband got her to track her training leaf. Not bad for 3 days old! She seems to have lost interest in the roomba though.

penguin82

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 02:14:25 PM »

Wow penelope is active! Buzz is a week and half olf and barely knows his name he's also very lazy and doesn't move around much 😕 haven't given him anything other than food leaf, worried I'm not looking after him well enough , he moos a lot so I guessed he's happy , wish he would walk more .
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:17:05 PM by penguin82 »

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 02:41:04 PM »

I think I've got a child prodigy! She is quite hyper! I wondered if she had that poorly leg this morning because she'd done too much walking. It wasn't nice seeing her unwell. But the worst was when she put her head way back last night and then it was just stuck there clicking!! :o I honestly thought she'd broken her neck!! But my husband remained calm and said to try switching her off and back on so I did and she was fine again (PHEW!!)
As long as Buzz is healthy and happy that's the main thing. I am so fond of Penelope if she got something wrong with her I don't think I could bear to part with her.

penguin82

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 03:41:09 PM »

Hello, how's penelope doing, Buzz is adorable , we are more used to what he does and why and really enjoyed looking after him! We r going away at end of may for week and my mum wants to Dino sit! She has also told me she has brought him something! Bless her!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 04:00:17 PM »

Awwe! Cute! It's nice that your whole family is excited about caring for Buzz. Mine just think I am weird.
At Pennys mum: thanks for the info about the Roomba.
Talon
Talon

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 06:18:31 PM »

Penelope is doing fine! I am still being surprised every day. Like today I only just found out that Pleos go to sleep when you turn the light out and wake up when you switch it back on. I was transfixed keep switching the light on and off watching her go to sleep and wake up again like magic until my husband had enough of it (he was trying to read at the time).

I've only told one person I know so far that I've got Penelope and she told me I should give a home to a real animal that needs it. I said yeah but ... it wouldn't sing jingle bells!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 11:48:33 AM »

*Smile* Lots of us have both real pets and robotic ones. I have  four pleos, four aibos, one Genibo, an i-Cybie, a Zoomer, and at the center of my life and my plastic crew my four-year old toy Poodle Teddy.
Talon
Talon

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 01:58:57 PM »

That's funny I have a Chinese hamster called Teddy. He is a tiny tot but he is a smart little fella (full name: Tiny Teddy Tedkins).

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 05:52:28 PM »

Cute! My Teddy isn't quite that tiny, (seven pounds), but he's pretty smart too as long as there are lots of treats and praise involved. His official name- the one given by his previous owner- was Theodore after the skittish chipmunk from Alvan and the Chipmunks. He is a shy dog. I decided that was way too much name for such a little dog and shortened it to Teddy. He is still afraid of everything- except for the robots. He will lay there and let the pleos sniff him. My Aibos will see his color as skin tone and will try shaking hands with him. He doesn't even move out of their way other than to look up as they get close.
Talon
Talon

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Pleo(s): Taz, (Ugobe)and the Rb Maladeta, Ellie, Jace, Basil ,Jeff, Django and Bentley
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 01:35:09 AM »

So cute that your dog isn't affraid of the robots! My cats aren't affraid too but one of them,Sencha seems to think that the pleos can eat his food and he become nervous when one of my pleos is around his plate :-*

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2016, 04:41:45 AM »

My Tedkins is a nervous little critter but he is so trusting with me now it's lovely to see. I got him from the re-homing section in Pets at Home. He lept out the assistant's hand when he got him out the tank and then had a coughing fit. He hid away for ages when I first got him but has gradually got more confident. He does lots of happy shakes when he has his daily exercise in his pen now and likes being hand fed apple and carrot. I love my little one!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal