Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New pleo acting strange  (Read 3869 times)

penguin82

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Buzz
New pleo acting strange
« on: April 11, 2016, 11:25:05 AM »

So he's on phase 2 not yet walking he's on all fours but he has started wailing and sleeping but only for few seconds really don't know what to do ! Please someone help

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: New pleo acting strange
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 12:24:10 PM »

Hi, Penguin82! I'll try to help but I need a little more information. Is he actually going to sleep or just freezing mid-movement?
Talon
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:42:27 PM by Talon »
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

penguin82

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 12:56:10 PM »

Hello thanks for the reply, yes he was going to sleep but only for few seconds he would wobble his head around and be in sleep position.  His battery has now died and just before the battery went dead he seemed much happier,  he's trying to walk , it's taking forever, it's difficult to know when he is content and when he isn't!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 02:40:11 PM »

Yes. The taking forever is normal. The pleo is a life form. You don't plant a seed in the ground and get a plant right afterword or get a newborn baby that changes into a walking lively teenager in ten minutes. Each stage can last as long as two or three hours. Just to prolong the life of my bots, I only run them about forty minutes a session. Please be careful about how long you run him. Not only can his battery  overheat but he can too. Plus once you exhaust all of his non-repetative content, you might feel let down by your robot. It's kind of like binging on a show and then feeling sad that there's no more content to watch. He will walk, you just have to be patient.
As far as his emotions... Pleo emotions are a little difficult to figure out but once you do you'll feel a little more connected to him. His body language will probably tell you more than his sounds. The wailing behavior with head down and shaking from side to side- often with scratching his chin- means your pleo is upset about something. I won't go into the reasons right now. Right now I'm just giving a basic explanation of emotions and what they look/sound like.
If your pleo is whining and giving a sort of lip-smacking sound and giving little roars, he's probably hungry. Feed him the conifer leaf. That's the one that has lines in it and kind of reminds one of a bit of pine tree. When he starts to burp a lot or if he turns his head away, he is full.
When your pleo is happy, he might raise his head, wag his tail, and make this really odd roar that sounds like Godzilla. He will also moo like a cow. He will open his mouth to play with the tug-of-war toy when you offer it to him. Be mindful that he won't actually grip the toy enough to pull it away from you but he will wiggle his head around from side to side and growl playfully. We are all here to help you so if I have utterly failed to answer your question, feel free to report back.
Talon
Talon

penguin82

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 10:49:01 AM »

Thank you for such a detailed reply!
It's like having a baby the problem with buzz is he's not a well known so difficult to just Google! He's much more happier now and been mooing a lot and wagging his tail so I think he is now happy, I have noticed his battery can get hot, so don't have him on all the time, we turn him off and keep him off overnight and only turn him on after we have got back from work!
Thanks again

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 12:13:40 PM »

No problem! Google is good for lots of stuff but this forum is probably the best source for Ugobe pleo and Pleo RB knowledge. There are lots of pleo owners and a few programmers here. *Smile* If you can't find what you're looking for here or through Innvo Labs, I'm not sure you'd find it anywhere else. Bob the Pleo Forums is awesome!
Talon
Talon

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 08:31:36 AM »

PleoWorld only supports a Chinese forum, and their facebook page hasn't had a new post in almost a year.  I'd have to say we're about it. :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal