Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My pleo has arrived and he's been turned on  (Read 5262 times)

penguin82

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Buzz
My pleo has arrived and he's been turned on
« on: April 11, 2016, 05:58:44 AM »

Hello, so my pleo arrived today and I've turned him on and he's awake! He's adorable already and only had him an hour! Really want him to walk thou, becoming very inpatient!

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
Re: My pleo has arrived and he's been turned on
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 09:57:55 AM »

Be sure to post pictures!

penguin82

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 10:34:45 AM »

He's been on for about 5 and half hours with little break in middle due to Cooling down warm battery, he's currently a bit whingy and going sleep a lot so not sure what to do! He's on all fours but not walking yet
Not sure how to add photos

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 11:01:53 AM »

Congrats on your little one! Baby Rb's go through several stages of development. Each stage can be several hours in length. It sounds like yours might be either at the end of the newborn stage or just entering social development stage. He will not even start trying to walk until close to the end of social development stage. He will start stretching out his legs one at a time and looking like he will take a step, then returning to a standing position. Be careful about how long you run him at a stretch. I know these stages feel like they last for ever and that your robot is boring but you are failing to understand the concept. Pleo RB is a life form. It comes to you as a baby and you just have to patiently wait for him to mature before all the good stuff can start. Once these baby stages are over, there is no way for you to experience them again. Try to pay attention to the progress he is making. He has started opening his eyes, noticing sounds and that your hands touching him are good things. As a baby, he will sleep a lot. It's just part of being a pleo. I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Keep us posted on your little one's progress.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Piggy

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 12:20:43 PM »

Congrats with your New pleo !

penguin82

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 02:47:47 PM »

So he's been alive about 3 days and it's lovely 😊 I'm a nursery teacher and I've told my class about him so tomorrow he's coming into class to show them 😊 he has just tried to walk! He also we think he's learnt name not so sure! I'd love to know how much he does understand like does he understand he's being talked to?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 03:25:31 PM »

He might look toward you when you speak but he's probably not really understanding you. His motors are so loud, they overwhelm most of what comes through his microphones.
The one exception is when you are teaching him his name using his ID card or teaching him a trick using one of the learning stones. If he is truly listening, he will hold his head up and stay perfectly still so he can hear you.
Talon
Talon

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 05:03:30 AM »

Hi! I'm new & currently waiting for my first pleo to be delivered. Just wondered where you got your pleo from? Mine is coming all the way from Hong Kong because l ordered from Accessory Jack.

penguin82

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 10:41:34 AM »

Hello, I also got mine for accessory Jack and live in UK, the tracker is very good took 2 weeks , however they didn't send mine out straight away as was waiting for greens ones. What colour have you gone for?

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Penelope Pleo(RB), Berty Blueboy Wooster(RB), Fossil, Deana Dino & Dusty ugobes
    • Beaker
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 11:58:58 AM »

I chose pink because I really want a girl. I have had to wait for them to send mine too. I ordered her last Saturday but she was just shipped today by fedex. They reckon she will get here next Friday. Time has been going really slowly since I ordered her!

penguin82

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 04:50:41 PM »

That's about the same time for me , I order mine 'Buzz' at start of easter holidays (I'm a teacher) and has to wait till end of holidays to get him! Meant I was hurrying the holidays! Have you decided a name?

Pennys mum

• Pleontologist
  • gb Female
    • Beaker
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 02:57:06 AM »

I'm a teacher too but I teach Polish adults English. What did your class think of Buzz? I think I'm going to call her Penelope Pleo. That's why I chose the username Penny's mum.

penguin82

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 02:55:49 AM »

My class loved him! I enjoyed taking him as he could be turned on longer and not just when I get home from work! Love the name, Buzz isn't walking which I so frustrating, we think we have spoilt him giving him to much attention, my husband read on forum u need to ignore him see if he does it on his own if bored , he turns around but does walk forwards

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 08:53:46 AM »

He's getting there. Most RB's will walk forward in little bursts rather than in a continuous stretch. You'll get groupings of six strides and then the pleo will stop and scan the area in front of him before walking six more strides before stopping and looking again. So it's kind of like this. Walk six steps, stop, scan. Walk six steps, stop, scan. Walk six steps... blah blah blah until the pleo either finds an obstycle, gets patted, or sees something interesting and decides to stop.
Talon
Talon

Piggy

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 11:56:27 AM »

Do you have a photo of Buzz? I am curious what he looks like  ;) and for Penny's mum I hope your pleo arrives soon  ;D

penguin82

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • gb Female
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 02:48:09 PM »

He's been walking a lot today ! I love how he walks backwards when he's coming to obstacle 😊😊 I don't  know how to put picture on here 😕

Piggy

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 04:29:16 AM »

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=176.0#top   ;D http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=177.0#top. Read these two topics they explain how to make a photo album and how to add photo's to a topic .
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 04:31:55 AM by Piggy »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal