Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone have that leg patch for pleo rb or some solution for bent leg?  (Read 5188 times)

Alexandri

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Ugge,
    • none
    • none

Hi everyone,

I remember reading about a leg patch someone got because of their pleo rb having a leg issue where it had it's leg held up constantly, never putting it down.
I could really use that patch since I have an rb that does that with on of its' front legs.

Yes, it could be a loose wire, but I'd rather not do surgery just to find out.
Also, the loose wire-theory does not add up with the fact that when it interacts with another rb and does that skit, the leg lowers, and is used properly.

I also remember someone having a problem with the same thing where the pleo had the leg lifted,and in that case it was that the position sensor had faulty data, so that pleo thought the leg was in 0 -position when in fact it was lifted to the max.
That person reset the ............sensor to the right 0-position and problem gone.......
(I use the 0-pos. word in lack of a better one)

Anyone know where I can find this  patch or give me it? or know who did the reset-sensor-thing? I can't make dinomite work because my comps run 64-bit systems, and I can't make any other programs work either.

And putting a patch on a microSD card isn't going to do any harm, right?
Whereas surgery will.

So Not a hard choice. And also, makes little sense that the leg always does that "suddenly works when interacting with another pleo rb but otheerwise not"

Thnx in advance!
A

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!

Does the leg move down when the Pleo goes into packing position? It is odd that it performs normally during the interaction skits.

I'm fairly certain that the leg patch that you read about was not to give the leg its motion back, but to make it ignore all potentiometer readings so that the motor would stop stuttering and clicking at the garbage readings it was getting from a damaged potentiometer. Talon has her Pleo Cato running on this patch, but it just freezes his leg. Maybe try running this  patch first if you can find it, just to see if ignoring the readings changes anything.

Loose wires are more common than damaged potentiometers (which usually cause the motor to stutter and click), but it's possible your Pleo has a potentiometer issue that could be fixed by a software patch, just I don't believe this patch exists yet.

I would say you should at least check to see if there are any loose wires as this will not cause any harm to the Pleo. You don't need to skin the Pleo to check for loose wires, just use your fingers to break the glue holding the rubber to the bottom of the foot, roll up the skin and look for any loose wires or broken tabs on the potentiometer. (You may have to remove the hot glue around the base of the potentiometer to see a loose wire.) You can then use rubber-safe super glue to reglue the skin at the base of the foot and your Pleo will look good as new, no harm done.

I'm not certain how to reset the potentiometer, you may have to ask someone else about that.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy

Hi, Alexandri! I still have the leg patch Aibo7M3 is referring to. Just a note, it does not restore motion, it just freezes all the motors in the leg. I got it from Crewella via degers many moons ago.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Alexandri

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • se Female
    • none
    • none

"I'm fairly certain that the leg patch that you read about was not to give the leg its motion back, but to make it ignore all potentiometer readings so that the motor would stop stuttering and clicking at the garbage readings it was getting from a damaged potentiometer. Talon has her Pleo Cato running on this patch, but it just freezes his leg. Maybe try running this  patch first if you can find it, just to see if ignoring the readings changes anything.
"

That was exactly wha I was going to use it for ;)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!

@Alexandri
Alright, I think Talon might be the only one with the patch at the moment, so maybe she can send it to you or ask if Crewella still has her copy of it. As she mentioned above, this is not intended to make your Pleo's leg move again and is made to freeze the leg in one fixed position. I suppose it could be helpful for diagnostic purposes though.

Alexandri

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • se Female
    • none
    • none

Hi, Alexandri! I still have the leg patch Aibo7M3 is referring to. Just a note, it does not restore motion, it just freezes all the motors in the leg. I got it from Crewella via degers many moons ago.
Talon

Exactly the person I should've talked to, but didn't think of it, and this way I got a toofer (however that is spelled.)

YES! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee gimme! :D
That is exactly why I want to try it, well, and, 
I'd rather have a pleo that I can run for at least a moment and then solve the problem with than not being able to run it at all until I have time to fix it properly. I do miss the little bugger/buggar...... (however THAT word is spelled.)

I don't want to run the pleo as-is, since damaging it futher is just NO. So if that patch can fick tha clunks, and the wobble, and let it walk/limp but not further hurt itself internally, then I can at least use it a bit, and have a bit of company, if nothing else.
And so can the other rb. I think it misses it's friends.

......I do not know how one keeps a horde of rbs happy...... and ironically...........I don't know how one has just one rb and
......that isnt like.... lonely. and weird. And how to keep that one rb happy...
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh, pleo bug. or vrus. typical. ;P

Err...... how do I get it from you?

Alexandri

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • se Female
    • none
    • none

@Alexandri
Alright, I think Talon might be the only one with the patch at the moment, so maybe she can send it to you or ask if Crewella still has her copy of it. As she mentioned above, this is not intended to make your Pleo's leg move again and is made to freeze the leg in one fixed position. I suppose it could be helpful for diagnostic purposes though.

And buying a bit of time, I just asked talon for it ;D
Thnx :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy

Just saw your message in the shoutbox and then found your reply to this post. My little bio-dog was due for a potty brake at one o'clock. As I said above, just send me a PM with your email address and I will try to send you that file as an attachment. Don't worry about running your pleo with that patch long-term if you can't get it fixed. It doesn't change any of its behavior much. It will run perfectly normally other than a stiff leg. The only acception is if you ask your pleo to let you name it or learn a learning stone or something. After that command is issued, the patch will be disabled until you restart the pleo again. Just leave the card in for the rest of the pleo's existance and you'll forget all about it in a month or so.
Talon
Talon

Alexandri

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • se Female
    • none
    • none

PM sent, Talon! :)

Alexandri

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • se Female
    • none
    • none

Uh, follow-up question.

If I do Rename it, or use a learning stone, that diables the patch? with the card in?
But just for the reminder of the battery cycle at the most? if I don't turn if off before the batter runs out?

And once I turn it on again, card in, It will have it's name and/or whatever I taught i with the stone, and the patch re-activated?

Did I understand that right?

Also, later, if I do use whatever command I've taught it, or use the "play" learning stone, and then turn it off and back on, and order it to play, will that then de-activate the patch until I've re-started the pleo too?
Or is it just the specific naming+using a learning stone that will de-activate the patch but not the use of whatever the learning stone has taught it?
If you know.

Anyway....
.....interesting ................"feature"? FEATUREBUG! ;D

Ah well, I guess I'll find out if the patch works, and I end up using it long-term. :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy

Okay. The patch will be disabled in both instances- meaning after you name the pleo and later when you ask the pleo to perform your version of the play command. It's not that difficult to fix. You can let the pleo perform the trick that you've asked and then restart it so it won't click itself to death. I hope that was a satisfactory answer. Yes it is an inconvenience but for the rest of the pleo's run time- as long as you aren't asking anything of it- it will run normally even when interacting with its friends. I have sent you an email with the patch in it. I really hope that worked. If for some reason you didn't get it or if something's off with the file let me know.
Talon
Talon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal