Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with robots  (Read 4118 times)

tsoibelman

• Leaving the nest
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Mission and Science
Help with robots
« on: March 01, 2016, 12:44:48 PM »

Hi,
We are thinking to buy a few robots to add to our Pleo family. our program go out to public schools to teach science, math and technology to elementary school students (4 and 5 graders).
Any suggestion?
Thanks
Tania

tsoibelman

• Leaving the nest
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Mission and Science
Re: Help with robots
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 03:32:24 PM »

Hi,
Our Pre-College program is thinking to add a few robots to our Pleo family. We work with elementary school children teaching math,science and tecnology in a informal setting (hands-on activities). Any robots suggestions for us?
Thanks!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 04:10:39 PM »

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for here but since you're dealing with small children, I wouldn't think you want something as delicate as an Aibo. What about the Zoomer robotic dog from Spin Master or maybe one of the products available from WowWee? Neither of these products are programmable like the pleo but you could still discuss basic stuff like voice recognition, obstacle detection using infrared, and the various programming languages that bring these hunks of wires and circuits to exhibit such lifelike movement.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 12:46:18 AM »

Maybe the robotic dog from Zoomer , they have a few more a cat and a dinosaur . Also maybe MIP from Wowwee  that is a cute little robot that can balance and do all sort of tricks. Friends of mine bought one for their kids and they adore him . Wowwee has a lot of sturdy robots that are great for children and also a great bonus they work on normal battery's :D. I also like the I cybie robot dog you can buy them from eBay , they also Now a few tricks and have a great demo mode. You can look on YouTube for Wowwee and Zoomer robot reviews and you can see a lot of robots in action so you can see what it does before buying it . What a great program to teach children about robots and science !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal