Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: internal clock  (Read 10661 times)

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Pleo(s): Taz, (Ugobe)and the Rb Maladeta, Ellie, Jace, Basil ,Jeff, Django and Bentley
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
internal clock
« on: May 01, 2016, 02:42:31 PM »

Hello
One of my Pleo Rb that I bought on Ebay has some sort of oxydation near the internal clock and began to beep constantly. Is there something I can do to desactivate the clock? :(

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: internal clock
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 05:36:22 PM »

Unfortunately no. The pleo will not function without battery power going to the internal clock. You can try removing the internal clock battery and cleaning the contacts in the little battery compartment with a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a cue tip. Clean the little tabs as well as any crud you might find in there. It sounds like your clock battery might be over three years old as well. Try a replacement while you're at it. I hope a little of this was helpful. Let us know how you get on.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Pleo(s): Taz, (Ugobe)and the Rb Maladeta, Ellie, Jace, Basil ,Jeff, Django and Bentley
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 12:38:27 AM »

Thanks for your answer. I gave à new battery to jace but this doesn't work and I didn't see any loose wire in the foot. I'm totally desperate 😭

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:31:48 AM »

Maybe if you can post a photo in your topic ? And maybe you can very gently remove the oxidation so the battery Will function again ?

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 03:51:34 PM »

hello I piggy removes oxidation but it did not change. we opened up the son and the two are in place . my husband gave a small layer of tin that has nothing changes. on one side the son connected on a circuit prints and other pads to batteries. I do not see what can steeple outside these son :( except maybe an error of the software but impossible to do a reset as it does not recognize the battery. I am desperate :( I'll try to take pictures and add them
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:58:41 PM by Sansan »

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 04:04:47 PM »

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:26:14 AM by Crewella »

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 09:10:55 AM »

I think this may be the probleme but i don't know what to do
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:27:00 AM by Crewella »

Piggy

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 03:11:34 PM »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 03:26:48 PM »

I don't really see any serious oxidation in that picture, but the color of the glue might be throwing me off. Is there any battery leakage in the actual compartment for the clock battery? And have you tried cleaning out the battery compartment contacts with white vinegar or baking soda?

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 05:28:50 PM »

Thanks for your Help :)
Piggy I read the post and someone say first of all to try to reset the noon button. When i press it, it beep just one time so I know I can reset noon but he keeps mouth open and beep twice, never start as usually.
I tried 6 différents battery, which world in my orher guy.
Aibo I tried with white vinegar, all is clean but the peoblem is still here.
I've try the female update and it work but no changement. When I try to reset i have the final message in the first second.
I've try different belly battery and with and without a sd card
It seems weird if pressing noon button means that the battery clock is recognize I don't know what to do for Jace 🤔

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 06:11:05 PM »

I threw a last glance has jace and saw that the red wire was detached from the circuit. I do not know if this is good or bad news : s I do not know how there is the glue and the other thread that is very close .

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 06:19:15 PM »

Update: today i went to a cell phone fixer and he fixed the loose wire for free. But jace still won't awake as usually. But when i come home i havé seen that one of the two plots on the battery is broken. Do you think he can work with just one plot ? Sorry for my bad english

Piggy

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 01:08:29 AM »

You mean that in the battery compartment for the clock battery one of the pins that holds the flat round clock battery in place is snapped off ? I have no idea to be honest .... Are they there only to secure the battery or do you need them to make contact to the battery so it is function properly ?

But when you put the battery in and screw the lid on tightly it doesn't do anything ? Or is it still beeping ?
I am not very technical so I hope Aibo7m3 knows the answer to that question.

Piggy

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2016, 01:13:58 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd1mP72cdsE  Here is a link to a video of IMR and she shows how to put it in correctly.... Hope that it helps  ;)

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 01:38:28 PM »

Thanks Piggy, yes one of the pin is missing but I don't know if this is really a problem :s I m not great in technical sadely :(

Piggy

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 02:28:33 PM »

Sadly I don't know either  >:( maybe one of out more technical forum members can answer that? I hope you can get him fixed .

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 01:08:43 PM »

I read a post of latrine and she was giving a prototype Pleo named Franck with no internal foot. Do you think invo could give me the file of the software? I am probably dreaming  ;D

Piggy

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 02:23:10 PM »

I have not read that topic , do you have the link ? You can always send her a personal message true this forum and maybe she can answer your question.  But from your answer I understand it is a software program that deactivates the foot battery ?

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2016, 03:14:18 PM »

She has received a prototype Rb which have no compartiment for the foot battery and run weirdly like an autistic Pleo. Degger told her to contact Derek Dotson and she was given a new Pleo . I don't think that latrine have the software but maybe...

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2016, 01:36:06 PM »

I remember that post. Latrine returned that pleo to Innvo Labs. Even if you were somehow able to get hold of whatever software he was running, he only did the tahdah trick over and over and that would be no life for Jace. I think you will need all three of those tabs to be in contact with the battery in order for him to function. If there is enough of the broken tab left in the compartment, there may be a way for you to create a contact point using a bit of wire or tin foil or something but otherwise, I don't think there's much hope for Jace. I hate opening that compartment. Those tabs are very delicate. I think Aibo7M3 or Crewella might be able to give you some guidance on how to create a new contact point. Good luck!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal