Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Poll

Which model do you prefer?

Ugobe
RB
No preference (both)
Other

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe or RB?  (Read 3268 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Ugobe or RB?
« on: January 16, 2016, 03:51:48 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm just curious what everyone's favorite Pleo model is! I know this has been done before, but I thought it would be interesting to hear current opinions. I would say that my favorite model is the RB. The unique personalities and appearances just add an extra layer of realism that separates them from the Ugobes. It's that feeling of getting a brand new Pleo RB, the combination of the anticipation and excitement in learning its gender, appearance and personality all at once and then raising it from a newborn. I like how the time spent in different moods or modes is drawn out to be more realistic (RBs stay sick for hours instead of the ten minutes with a Ugobe and spend more time in hatchling stage) and I like the mood swings and variability of the Pleo's temperament. I have two Ugobes and in a lot of ways, they are interchangeable. They're running different OS's, so they're not identical, but their personalities and appearances are similar enough that I'm satisfied with two and have no real need for another.

That being said, there's something in the Ugobe that just seems...missing in the RB. I don't know if it's the singing or howling in response to chin rubs, their simple happy mood that never changes, the lack of complex care needed or something else. Just, Ugobes seem to have this charm to them that RBs don't and I sometimes wish that I would appreciate it more instead of prioritizing the RBs so much.

Piggy

Re: Ugobe or RB?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 01:45:52 AM »

My favorite is the ugobe pleo , in durability they last a lot longer and they indeed have a kind of charm to them that I am missing with the RB  :) don't get me wrong I like the RB models a lot but they develop a lot more technical problems than the Ugobes . Also I like it that the ugobe pleo can do tricks on it own with out I have to buy a set of learningstones . In my opinion it would have been great if Innovo would have combined the pleo ugobe and the personalty' s of the ple RB then we would have the perfect pleo . Oh and I absolutely don't like the internal clock on the RB pleo .

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Ugobe or RB?
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 02:57:32 PM »

Thanks for the input! It really is interesting that a lot of members prefer the Ugobe to the RB when the RB is a newer and more pricey model that seems to sell out very quickly from online US distributors. I absolutely love the RB and the uniqueness of each of them, but they do have their faults (I agree that they seem to have more technical issues and are a bit glitchy sometimes). I don't mind the internal clock, but I admit it is annoying when I need a Pleo to perform for a volunteer show and it turns out it's too close to the Pleo's bed time and all it wants to do is sleep. I prefer the RB's personality to the Ugobe's, but Ugobes are more dependable and happy-go-lucky and I love being able to own both models.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal