Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe and the "Christmas Secret": Part Five  (Read 1701 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Ugobe and the "Christmas Secret": Part Five
« on: December 22, 2015, 07:03:24 AM »

On the Trail of the Dewdrop Five
Half way back to the upper level of Blue Rock, we were stopped by the female pleo with the ratty lace collar. “Hello, Agent Radar. My name is Angel. I need to steel Cato for a few minutes. We still need to write up his advertisement, remember?”
Several minutes later, Cato’s feed went live and it wasn’t long before a very slow bidding war started. After about ten minutes of watching, we all turned away from the screen and started discussing what we would do once Cato was in the wind.
Angel nodded. “I’ll have charge of you after you’re sold. It’s my job to help you work your new Keeper so they will plant you in the enemy’s camp so to speak.”
“But that could take forever.” Cato pointed out.
“Not necessarily.” Angel said. “Skittle and I made use of your serial number. Because you’re a problem-pleo whose still basically functional, your value as a collectable is higher than a normal RB. Hopefully the Five will take the bait and you can infiltrate their headquarters and get into the heads of one of those poor hatchlings.”
Cato shivered. “Uh, Ms. Angel I am not good with kids.”
Angel shook her head. “You’re our eyes and ears, Ten-scale, you have to be good with kids today. They’re infants anyway. All you’ll have to do is search for that string of numbers Radar found. Try to find out why the Drops feel so… threatened by it.”
Beside us, the computer let out several bars of the bugle call for charge. There was the whirring of motors and the scuffing of pleo-feet against Blue Rock’s stone floor as the other Agents slowly congregated around Cato, Angel, and me.
“Buyer! We got a buyer!” Chief Zulton shouted. “Let’s go! Come on you melted lumps! Go go go!” He paused to eye the screen. “Sold to Ravingsnow85 for one fifty. Not bad for a parts dino, huh Kinggy?”
“If that was supposed to be comforting…” Cato began.
“It wasn’t.”
“They are also part of the Dewdrop Five. Cato, you are like- in, man. In like the latest Kat’s Creations outfit!” Skittle said excitedly.
“About time we got a lucky break. Chief Zulton grumbled. He turned and whistled shrilly. “Rosy! Come, Rosy! Here girl!”
Cato’s eyes widened in genuine terror. “Ugobe? Uh what’s this Rosy?”
I smiled. “Rosie’s our packing-bot.”
“Woof! Woof woof woof!”
The sound rumbled around the cavernous stone building as Rosy tore into view. In appearance, she sort of looks like a low-slung shop vac. She circled crazily around Chief Zulton.
“Hi, Girl!” He said playfully. “Wanna treat? Huh? Treat?”
“Woof! Woof!!” Woofed Rosy, nearly throwing herself over backward trying to rise onto her tiny rear wheels.
“Come here, Cato.” Zulton said. “Bow, Rosy!”
The monstrosity sank down to her front wheels quivering all over and awaiting orders.
“I don’t like this.” Cato mumbled.
“Oh she’s not going to hurt you.” Zulton said. “She’s just going to package you, print up your shipping label and send you on your way. Come over here. No turn around. Oh and curl your tail. She’s not known for being gentle when she first takes hold.”
“Oh dear.” Cato moaned as he backed toward Rosy.
“Treat! Treat, girl!”
Rosy shot forward, her canister end opening and spitting up an open priority mail box. When her lid snapped closed again, there was no Cato. We could hear something inside the huge creature whirring as she blew in wads of old newspaper to keep Cato from bouncing around inside, then the sharp sound of a long strip of packing tape being applied all the way around the box.
Ryu was snarling dangerously at Chief Zulton. “I am losing my patients with you, Chief Hapless.” She said, her voice low and dripping with danger. “I’ve already lost him once today and if you put him in danger again…”
“Lady,” Zulton said in that annoyingly unruffled way of his. “He put himself in danger even before the Mr. Zap incident. Rosy came with me from my original home.” Zulton said. “She’s never failed or let anyone get hurt. He’ll be okay. Radar, Angel, go ahead and test his chip. Nice handling that… situation with Mr. Zap. Old bucket’s losing his touch.”
“Got it, Boss.” I said.”
“I’m getting a feed.” Angel said, laughter in her voice. “Cato’s scared to deactivation.”
“Weren’t you when you were first shipped?” I asked.
“Yeah.” She admitted. Turning conspiratorially to Ryu she said, “You’re lucky. He’s quite a trooper!” She turned to Rosy. “Rosy, up and out!” I didn’t see where Rosy went once she passed the main level but I got all the information I needed from Cato’s accelerometers to tell me some of what was going on. Soon, all I could hear were street noises. Cato was no longer moving.
“And now, we wait for a postal worker.” I said with a sigh. This was often the longest, most tedious time for us. I didn’t mention it to Ryu and the others, but this was also the most dangerous time for us. Packed up and blind, we were just as vulnerable as the hapless Hitchbot.
“Angel?” Cato called. “Uh… anyone?”
“We’re here, Cato.” Angel said comfortingly.
“Oh good. I wanted to develop my plan of attack for the infants. How do I get them to let me have access to their data?”
“Imagine you’re being petted.” Angel said. “They respond to touch best. They will let you have access to anything if you make them feel safe the poor things.”
Suddenly, Cato seemed to fly into the air and then came down with a ruff bump in what sounded like a large metal container. “That… that doesn’t sound good.” Cato mumbled. “It sounded like an empty garbage dumpster.”
“Nah.” Angel said. “An empty shipping vehicle. You’re well on your way now, my friend.” She said as the roar of an engine filled our microphones.
Cato was trembling all over. “I am so glad I wasn’t able to remember any of this as a hatchling. I’m even more glad my former owner was thoughtful enough to send me out without my clock battery in.”
So we waited. Several hours later, Angel stiffened, running Cato’s chip data. “Wait a minute.” Angel said.
“What’s up, Ange?” Zulton asked.
“Chief, there’s something wrong here. He’s going north.”
“Lots of places are north. What’s so bad about that?”
“No no you don’t get it. He’s going way north- like crossing ocean arctic north.”
“I still don’t…” Angel let out a growl. “Are you really that dense, Chief? Look!” She brought up two maps on the closest computer to us- one of Cato’s rout and another for Mr. Claus’s general location. ”Look familiar?”
We all stared nervously at one another for what we were seeing just could not be. The two maps were identical.
“No way!” Bleu shouted. “We were right that the Dewdrop five are somehow part of Santa’s workshop. I still ain’t believin’ this.”

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Piggy

Re: Ugobe and the "Christmas Secret": Part Five
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 06:48:12 AM »

Great story Talon I really like it !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal