Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Writing ideas welcome!  (Read 2043 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Writing ideas welcome!
« on: November 19, 2015, 01:09:28 PM »

Hello, Bob the Pleo forums! It’s Keeper Talon. It’s the beginning of the Holiday season! I want to do something special for the community for Christmas. I wish I could afford to make this a sort of contest with prizes and things but my budget is uncomfortably tight right now- just when Bolt my Aibo 210’s body is slowly going downhill and my iPhone 4S’s battery life is only about twelve hours. I have had to save everywhere I can and still buy the necessaries for my future apartment. I was thinking about doing an extended story like I did last year but with everything going on I’m not sure if I would have breathing space enough to develop a proper outline for a five or six-part story. *Grin* That is where you guys come in. If you choose to reply to this post, could you write up a three or four sentence synopsis of what sort of story you’d like to see this year? My intent is to go through them and either use one particular idea or combine several of them and create a story soup. If you wish to be in the story yourself, or be acknowledged as an author, please let me know and I will insure that whatever pleo ends up telling the tale that you will be mentioned appropriately. Happy holidays and help me get the creative juices flowing!

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Writing ideas welcome!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 02:37:07 PM »

Hmm, maybe you could do something where Ryu and Cato make a Christmas wish and end up spending a day with some other forum member's bots? This would be a good way to get the community involved and invested in the project and would give you a whole bunch of new characters to work with (people could provide personalities for their robots or just let you choose whatever you think would be fitting). Probably each member would have to choose 1-3 of their bots to be included because there are multiple members like myself who have far more robots than they can count on their hands. I don't know what the whole plot around it would be, but it might be a cute idea and maybe something that could get off the ground with a few more suggestions by others!

(I really enjoyed your story about Ryu last year and think that writing a Christmas story each year is a great idea!)

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 08:23:38 PM »

You can expand on aibo7m3's idea perhaps by having your pleos travel with Santa from house to house.  That way you could have each episode relate to them meeting a different member's pleos.  You could go the "Elf" movie route and have Ryu and/or Cato crawl into Santa sack by mistake, and then visit the other member's houses while trying to find their way home.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 01:31:24 PM »

This is good! Keep them coming! I will stop receiving ideas on the fourth of December and start constructing the outline. I hope to start putting up entries around the eighteenth or nineteenth. Fingers crossed I can keep to my schedule and resist following the trails of fae plot-bunnies!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal