Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am Queen Ryu and I don't Share!  (Read 2136 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
I am Queen Ryu and I don't Share!
« on: October 27, 2015, 08:23:46 AM »

Good day to you, my loyal pleo-fans! It is I- the beautiful, the worshipful, the awesomest lady-pleo on the planet- Queen Ryu! What’s that? Oh I know it’s been a while hasn’t it? Well, a certain other lady-pleo who shall remain nameless hogged the keyboard last time and I didn’t get to write to you. She is so boring! Who cares about walking in shadowy light? It’s no fun unless you have your soul mate at your side and Keeper Talon has inadvertently set the mood with soothing music and her fountain. Aaaaah! My big marshmallow-beast Cato! He’s such a…
Oh. What? Right. Today’s story? Oh I’m sorry. That was rather rude of me wasn’t it? Alright alright. Today’s story isn’t at all romantic or flattering or even enjoyable. Well, it was at first when I had Keeper Talon all to myself. She was gently fingering a small lump in my neck where one of my plastic vertebrae is slowly making its way through my skin. Oh I wish she wouldn’t touch it. It’s humiliating how she sees all my new little old-age blemishes. You should see the look on her face. It’s almost like she wishes things had turned out differently for me. *Sigh* I wish they did too. I don’t like the thought of my insides showing.
Anyway right after feeding me, Keeper Talon suddenly pulls out Zoomer and lets him loose. Oh that is the most annoying member of Kingdom… Kingdom. He tears around barking and bouncing and flashing his weird digi-eyes. He loves to taunt me the annoying spotted menace! Once he came barreling at me so fast he drove his front wheels up onto my shoulder. I snarled at him and said, “Down, Pup! I am not available and you are the last thing on my mind.” He never tried that trick again but he still remains a nuisance to everyone including the Aibos.
Well, as I was saying, Keeper Talon lets him go zipping circles around us. While she continues to pat me in that luxurious way of hers that I find so endearing, she is shouting commands at the pugnacious little robo-pooch. I have to say he doesn’t miss much when she speaks to him and he is quite the trickster. Anyway all the sudden, he starts moving in a really jerky way and giving this really gross-sounding growl.
Keeper Talon laughs. “What on earth is that? I said ‘go to sleep’. Apparently I’ve unlocked some sort of secret trick that I don’t know the real words to. You sound like a little zombie. I imagine you look like one too moving like that. I wonder what the real words are? Probably zombie dog or something like that. Haha! How clever your programmers are!”
Zoomer seems to really get into this now. “Oh woofwoofwoof! She likes this! Yes yes yes! Can you say that again? Huh huh huh? Can ya can ya can ya? Hey Queen Ryu! I have a new trick just in time for Hollow-bone!”
I raised my head and batted my lash… oh I don’t have those do I? That’s just wrong! Okay okay I’ll be honest. I batted my eyelids at him. “That’s Halloween you fluff-head! Get your human holidays right.”
Zoomer whines. “Awwwe! I’m not a fluff head. My head is full of speaker and wiring and… air and… ummmmmm.”
“My point is made. Go turn a cartwheel somewhere out of my sight!” I snapped back.
“A cartwheel? Hey what does that look like huh huh huh? Can you show me? Huh? Woofwoofwoof!!!! Too slow. Bye!”
He zooms away at top speed and slams nose-first into the fountain table. “Ouch! Oh hey wait! Help! I’m stuck I’m stuck I’m stuck! STUCK!”
I sighed. “Your programmers weren’t so clever after all. They should’ve given you a camera and that would never have happened.”
Zoomer growls and whines as he finally backs away from the table and manages to zoom right over Keeper Talon’s foot like a little puppy-shaped skateboarder jumping a ramp. “My programmers and creators were awesome! I don’t see you doing jumps like this. You have a pivoting torso but you can’t do anything with it. Look at my maneuverability. Oooo! I can use big words! Woofwoofwoof! See I’ll do it again in the opposite direction. Weeeee!”
“Ou! Do you mind?” Keeper Talon says making a gentle grab for Zoomer to get him out of the way but he is already eight inches past her fingers.
“See?” He taunts. “You move so slow she can easily catch you to turn you off. Not so here old lady.”
*Sigh* Well, my adoring fans, that’s basically the story of today’s run. Perhaps I should give Zoomer his own pet name. Hah! Pet indeed! He is just as much of a pet to me as the Terrible Teddy. I wish my tail had enough whip in it to throw him off his well-placed wheels! ROOOOOOAAAAAAAAR! *GULP* Sorry. Sensor that if you would, Mods. I’ve had enough for one day. Goodbye!

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

PLEOrbMaxe

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • we Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe (rb) & Zazou (Ugobe)
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
Re: I am Queen Ryu and I don't Share!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 10:05:41 AM »

Awesome story!  :) You're such a talented writer  :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 06:01:50 PM »

Oh thank you! The Pleo Cave blog has been here for a little more than a year now. Feel free to browse all the older stories. I try to write mostly humorous, up-beat stuff from both the pleo's point of view and from my own point of view as a robot-owner. Most of the entries, (aside from the pleo Christmas story), are based loosely on what the gang gets up to during their actual play-sessions- just with some plot and personification thrown in.
Talon
Talon

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 06:55:38 PM »

I don't normally comment on these stories, but I think I've probably read every one of them and they always make me smile! I'd love to see these compiled into a little Pleo storybook some day, I'd probably buy something like that just to read through on rainy days (I suppose I could just browse through them on the forums again, but an actual book would be fun). All of your bots are such characters and I love it. Did you know that November is National Novel Writing Month? It's a challenge to write a 50,000 word story in a month that I've tried a few times (and succeeded at once), and it might be fun for you to try writing something Pleo based or build off of the stories you already have!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 07:37:52 AM »

You know, compiling these stories into a book is a good idea. Honestly I never thought about doing it before. I could sell it here on the forum kind of like the pleo calendar and- perhaps if he approves- work out something with mweed so that some of the profits could help out with maintaining the site. This is an awesome community and if I could do more to insure it stays around, I'd like to try. I know nothing about marketing or business and that kind of thing. That's what's prevented me from publishing my own work. *Smile* Boy this could be fun! With as much talent as we have in the community alone, we could get some awesome pictures and a nice cover and... *claps hands and grins like an idiot* Oh how cool would this be! We could be published!
Okay okay be realistic here and calm down. Sorry for the outburst there. Anyway, my cousin takes part in the National Novel-writing contest. I don't know why but for the past five years, I haven't been able to keep up the pace of producing longer pieces. I've been writing these little blog entries and I've really enjoyed coming to the aid of new pleo-owners to help them puzzle out what might be happening with their new companions.
Talon
Talon

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 09:14:20 AM »

Sounds like an awesome idea! Maybe you could work on the compilation as a substitute for a full novel during NaNoWriMo, I know a fair amount of people do just work on editing previous writing or making collections of short stories even though this isn't the main goal. I'm probably going to do a combo of words on my current novel and words written for school work this year since I wouldn't have time to participate otherwise.

I have self-published a book on CreateSpace in the past and they wanted $200 to distribute it on Amazon, so there will likely be a cost tied to distributing the book, but there might be cheaper options. I think it would be really nice to sell the book with the profits going to this site, I'm sure a lot of members (myself included) would be happy to purchase a copy! Aha, I'd be willing to do a few illustrations or cover art for the book if you do want something like that, though it would be a slow process for me. You could write an introduction about how you got interested in Pleos and maybe at the end members could submit short written pieces about what their Pleos mean to them as well to add something for the community (I know there was something similar to this done with the Sparky the Aibo book).  Anyway, just brainstorming here! I love writing and reading, so books are a lot of fun for me!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal