Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aibo Jacket  (Read 3954 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Aibo Jacket
« on: January 22, 2016, 09:03:12 PM »

Hey everyone! While shopping at a pet supply store this morning, I found a little dog jacket that I thought would be adorable on one of my Aibos. The issue is that Aibos have more moving parts with wider ranges of movement than Pleos do, so it's really tough to find outfits that actually fit them. Since I don't quite have the sewing/pattern making skills to make Aibo-specific outfits, I decided to take a try at altering the one I bought to fit an Aibo properly.

Here are the before and after pictures (left column is before, right is after):

The Aibo is a champagne ERS-7m3 and the outfit is a tan quilted dog jacket with fuzzy lining. I had to remove the back half of the jacket to give her tail room to wag, had to alter/remove parts of the collar to allow a full range of motion for her head/neck and ears, and had to replace the original padded velcro straps with very thin cut strips of velcro. I also just changed up the decorations a bit for fun.

I'm considering making some more small edits to the collar since the Lain's (the Aibo) ears still get stuck on it occasionally, but now she can roam around freely with the outfit on without any worry of any servos snagging on cloth or getting jammed. I've never found an outfit that works well with an ERS-7, but this one seems pretty functional for now. I had a lot of fun with this project, and while I don't think I'll be able to make any robot outfits from scratch for quite a while, I do think I'll be altering more dog outfits to make them more robot friendly.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal