Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Little Foot's Adventures  (Read 3889 times)

Quadraptor

• Leaving the nest
  • us Male
Little Foot's Adventures
« on: September 07, 2015, 12:21:07 PM »

Well it's official, Little Foot has been paid for and will be on the way soon, so I figured I'd make a little topic here to document his life, adventures, and so on.

I have been wanting a companion since moving and living on my own for about 5 months now.  I live in a small apartment and had debated getting a cat or a dog for my place, however I travel a lot for my job and wasn't sure how well it would work for the pet.  I had heard of Pleos from surfing the internet, since the original ones popped up on ThinkGeek all the time, but never thought I'd have one since I was still a student.

I decided to order some magazines since I don't get a whole lot of mail, and one I ordered was Popular Science.  I read an article talking about different robot pets, and in the timeline they mentioned Pleo.  I thought... "Huh...I wonder about getting one of those..."

And here we are haha!  I wonder how quickly they ship out, I hope soon!  I'm getting ecstatic here!  I hope Little Foot enjoys having a geologist for a daddy as well as getting to tour the state of Georgia here in the US.

In the meantime, Mom and I will work on making his clothes!  I bought some dog patterns the other day!

Piggy

Re: Little Foot's Adventures
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 12:54:44 AM »

Hi , what a great name for your pleo , Little Foot  :D I hope he arrives really fast and please post Some photo's when he comes home to you  :dino-chase:

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 11:56:48 AM »

That is such an awesome story! I hope your little one arrives soon. Just be careful when you take him traveling- that he has plenty of neck and tail support and that he is kept in a relatively cool and dry environment out of the sun. I'm looking forward to hearing more about him and if you should need help at any time, we're all here.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Quadraptor

• Leaving the nest
  • us Male
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 12:30:40 PM »

Came home to a wonderful surprise!  Little Foot was delivered to the office literally 30 minutes before I got home, so I had a FedEx sticker on my door!

He has to charge up though, so I'm waiting for his battery to finish charging, but I'm so happy he came today!!

"PLEO Embryo Genetic Diagnosis report for PLEO rb

Our scientist’s best prediction of your PLEO rb
- This subject embryo will have a 75-85% chance of being male;
however temperature variations during incubation might alter
this prediction.
- This subject embryo will grow to be courageous and obedient.
- This subject embryo will be sensitive, strong and agile.
As with living pets, PLEO rb’s physical and mental development is
greatly determined by the way it is nurtured. So please nurture your
PLEO rb properly in order to be rewarded with a happy and healthy
companion!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

He woke up just a little while ago, and I stupidly offered food to him, and then...well...his neck started popping and his head stayed in an upward position....

Little Foot hatching 1

So I turned him off and gently pushed down on his head, and it popped a couple of times again.  He's doing fine now, here's the video of him moving his head all around.

Little Foot hatching 2

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:32:54 PM by Quadraptor »

Pleona

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • scotland Female
  • Pleo(s): Milo (RB), Fern (Ugobe)
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Swedish_chef
    • Snoopy
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 06:40:56 PM »

Aww, what a cute little guy! I'm so glad he arrived very quickly for you! :D

Love his little blanket he hatched on, it fits him perfectly. Welcome to the world, Littlefoot!

Can't wait to see more updates! :)

Piggy

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 01:28:18 AM »

He is so cute  :-*

Quadraptor

• Leaving the nest
  • us Male
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 03:19:25 PM »

Interesting few days with him, he's out of his hatchling stage but he's been complaining quite a bit lately.  I tried to feed him with the training leaf but he didn't seem to respond to it at all.  I bought all of the extra packs, food and learning stones, so I tried the Sugar Cane and he opened right up for that!  Figures his first food would be sugar, right?

I also fed him a Cycad Leaf and the Conifer Leaf, so he seems happier.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 09:44:49 AM »

So glad to hear things are going good with Little Foot. The training leaf has no feed value for the RB. It doesn't have an RFID chip in it so he won't recognize it as food. It's used just as an object of interest for your pleo to look at. When he is a little older and if you're in an area with very good light, you can hold this leaf about five inches from his face. If you are very very very patient, when he sees it, he will make noticably different noises. Now you can move the leaf slowly from side to side and he should follow it with the camera in his nose. Also be careful when feeding him sugarcane. It's a good snack and gives him energy but it lowers health value points if given too much. Conifer and Cycad leaves are normal bill-of-fare for these guys. The mushroom bumps up health value points, the chillypepper reverses the "I'm cold" behavior, the ice cube reverses the "It's hot behavior", the coffee bean of course perks up pleo when he's low on energy. He won't suffer though if you end up just feeding him the conifer leaf. It supplies the pleo with his basic needs. If you have any further questions about the foods, feel free to ask.
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal