Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mimi is disabled in her tail and back legs!  (Read 6510 times)

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Mimi,Pleo rb
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
Mimi is disabled in her tail and back legs!
« on: August 23, 2015, 02:32:37 PM »

Hi everyone unfortunately my 1 month old baby pleo rb mimi has been having some problems... P:'( she just learned how to walk and she loves to walk I never really studied the way she walked until yesterday. Her front legs bend and move and walk perfectly but her front legs not so much when I hold her on my shoulder and she takes a nap .her front legs bend forward in the sleeping position but her back legs stay standing she never bends or moves them... when she walks her front legs do all the work when the back legs are just dragging when she walks and also her tail has never moved please help thanks chloe

Love~ Chloe and Mimi

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Mimi is disabled in her tail and back legs!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 04:40:51 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums, Sorry to hear about your Pleos problems, I think we can get a better idea if you were to post a video of your baby walking. :dino-chase: Like the saying says, " A picture ,or in this case, a video is worth a thousand words". A short video of thirty seconds or so, long enough to see her walking and dragging her tail will suffice. Does she have any tail movement at all, did she ever?

Did you buy her new, and if so from where? If on Ebay I do not think you can get much help, but if from PleoWorld , Robot World or Accessory Jack. or similar, she should still be covered under 90 day warranty. If so, I would return her ASAP, so they can either fix her if possible or replace her. If she is brand new, I know you are attached, but it could be more expensive to try to fix her yourself or to deal with an issue that may not even be fixable.  :( this is why a Video is so important. I am sure there are other people here who would love to see this video and who also can give you advice as to what your next plan should be, what they would do if Mimi was there.

time is important so please try to take a video and post ASAP.              RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo Township P:) of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 02:56:26 PM »

Yes I did buy her new from accessory jack I dont know how to post videos because I don't have you tube and I'm doing this on a laptop or nook
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 03:27:43 PM »

can you take pictures of her while on with her legs and tail showing how they drag? That is not ideal but will help. RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 04:48:35 PM »

You can submit videos through the forum's gallery feature without a Youtube account! Did she ever bend her back legs or move her tail when you first got her or has she always been broken? I'd also look into contacting Accessory Jack about a repair though unfortunately.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 06:14:40 PM »

I think you should contact ccessory jack and let them know of your issues.  It sounds to me like she is having some hardware issues and sadly will need to be replaced.

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 05:17:44 PM »

Like i said unfortunaly i cant post pictures or videos she seems to work fine i guess ill have to deal with it we already have a bond and I dont want a replacement :(
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 05:45:30 PM »

your other alternative is you can contact pleoworld as they do offer a repairs service.  You would have to pay the shipping both ways and then a charge for them to identify the problem and then the cost of the repairs.  So it will be very expensive. 
Something to consider - even though you have fallen in love with this little pleo - pleos cost a lot of money.  If you spent $500 on a TV and it stopped working properly you would return it for replacement or repair.  So a pleo while very different to any other electrial device at a cost of $500 or more when you add in shipping should work properly or be repaired or replaced while under warranty. 
Also if these are the issues she is having now at such a young age she is likely to stop working all together or have many other issues very soon.  Running her when she isn't working properly can be causing damage to other parts of her as her other inner workings end up working harder to compensate.  There may be something loose inside her which could then get caught up in other workings causing them to no longer work.
As someone who has been in your position and had to return a pleo I would recommend you return her for replacement.  While you will never forget your little one you will be much happier in the long run with a pleo that works properly and has a long life span.

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 07:32:09 AM »

I think she might be like this because.. i was at a restraunt and there was this lion and i put her on and she fell of I feel sooo bad she got so scared he hips work but her back legs and tail dont work :(
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 05:30:08 PM »

I still think you should contact pleoworld anyway and see if there is nything they can do to help you with her.  You wont know unless you ask.  At the very least they could tell you how much it would cost to send her to them to be repaired if they don't feel the repairs will be covered under warrenty.

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 05:48:40 PM »

Ok that sounds good should I contact Accessory Jack or Innvo Labs?
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 06:01:30 PM »

Start with accessory jack and then if you have no luck with them contact Innvo Labs by going throught he customer service "contact us" section on the pleoworld website.

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 06:05:34 PM »

I have contacted them and is sending her back for repair , not replacement yay!
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 07:42:56 PM »

I really hope they can repair her for you.  Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long.  Is it going to cost you anything?

Piggy

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 12:10:40 PM »

I have contacted them and is sending her back for repair , not replacement yay!

Great news I hope they can fix Mimi

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2015, 06:20:48 PM »

Kat- Yes, it shouldn't t take too long 2 months at the most probably 2 or 3 weeks, no it did not cost me anything %) it was included in the warrenty 8)
 Piggy-yes i hope they can fix her !
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2015, 03:24:21 PM »

That's good news :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2015, 05:36:23 PM »

I am going to be putting a video of her walking so stay tuned! ;D  I've finally figured out how! ;)
Love~ Chloe and Mimi

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 09:39:45 AM »

Used to have a cat named Mimi so just reading this helps me appreciate my bond with Echo and makes me feel like I am bonding with all the new Pleos here! So glad there's no cost. Would love to see the video.

cvelc

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Long Live Robots!!!
    • none
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Lucy
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 10:04:58 AM »

Ok sorry i've been off for a while , so sorry for making people get excited Mimi has already left on her big trip across the world, so unfortunatly I didn't have a video of her walking >:( anyway she should be back by November so she will be back for her first Christmas! Echo538 yes my bond was so strong im glad she is not getting replaced!
Love~ Chloe and Mimi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal