Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Few Questions about Programming Pleo  (Read 4486 times)

andrewferguson

• Egg
  • gb Male
A Few Questions about Programming Pleo
« on: August 21, 2015, 06:15:01 AM »

Hello everyone,

I first came across Pleo when I found one (an Ugobe) abandoned in a cupboard in my school. I wasn't too interested in it until I discovered that it could be programmed. I downloaded the PDK and am fiddling about a bit, but I have a few questions that I cannot seem to find the answers to, and it is the summer holiday right now, so I don't have a Pleo to test / try things out on.

1.) When a motion file (in CSV format) is run by the motion_play command, what happens if the Pleo is not in a correct starting position? (For instance, what happens if the laydown.csv (makes the Pleo lie down) motion is run and then the com_walk_fs.csv motion (makes the pleo walk) is run? Will the pleo move to the starting position defined in the CSV file before starting the motion? Or will something else happen?

2.) Do sounds that are to be played with the sound_play need to be converted to 8kHz, mono WAV sounds before they are used, or will the build tools convert the sound for me? (i.e: can I reference "normal" stereo 44.1kHz WAV files and will they be automatically converted to correct 8kHz mono WAV files when the project is build?)

3.) Will a URF file that is built for LifeOS 1.1 work with LifeOS 1.0 (i.e: is renaming the file from <name>.urf to pleo.urf all that is required to convert files between LifeOS 1.1 and LifeOS 1.0?) And if not, how do I tell a) What version of LifeOS a Pleo is running, and b) What version of LifeOS the PDK is targeting?

4.) How does the sleep command work? I see it was used in the motion_example project to "Pause and wait for the motion to finish playing." (taken from a comment in the sensors.p file. However, I looked up sleep in the Pawn Language Reference, and it states that it "Aborts the program, but leaves it in a re-startable state". So does sleep pause or abort the program?

There will be more questions (I'm sure!), but for now that is all I can think of. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Andrew
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 06:44:55 AM by andrewferguson »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal