Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Necklaces/Bracelets  (Read 5008 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Pleo Necklaces/Bracelets
« on: July 18, 2015, 02:51:25 PM »

Hey everyone! A few days ago I decided to stop at a gem shop near my house and buy some beads for a Pleo art project. I ended up making a necklace for my newest Pleo, Petey.

Here's the result:

The necklace is currently too loose since I was being careful not to do anything that could restrict motion, but I'll be working on resizing it until I get something a bit better. I think it's light enough that it shouldn't cause much added stress onto the neck cables, but that is something to take into consideration. I might try making a bracelet next to avoid the cable concern. The necklace was made completely with gemstones, glass beads and ceramic beads.

It was a lot of fun picking out the beads and making the necklace! I'd love to make more in the future, but it would be pretty pricey to make bracelets or necklaces for my whole herd since I was already pretty surprised at the cost of making one (bracelets would cost me a lot less than necklaces though). I know mweed makes lovely Pleo jewelry already, but I might be willing to sell custom Pleo necklaces/bracelets too since they're a lot of fun to make! The shop near me has a huge selection of beads including metal charms, tons of gemstones, ceramic and glass ones. I'd have to work on pricing and figure out what size necklace/bracelet works best for Pleos first though, so I'm not sure about that option.

Anyway, this was a lot of fun to make and I hope people like it!

Edit:
Just realized this should have been posted in the Crafter's Corner section, I can't delete and repost it, so it's fine if a mod/admin would like to move it to the correct board.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 03:02:58 PM by aibo7m3 »

Piggy

Re: Pleo Necklaces/Bracelets
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 03:03:35 PM »

WoW it looks really beautiful ;)

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 01:20:55 AM »

It looks great!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 05:44:33 AM »

Aww that looks lovely :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 07:50:59 AM »

Just wanted to update that these are available if anyone would like to order one. I'm going set a tentative price at $25 for necklaces and $15 for bracelets plus shipping, but this may change depending on whether I make or lose money on the first couple I sell (if any). These will be made custom for each person and the beads will be bought from a local gem shop that has a large selection to choose from. Please be aware that with bracelets, this will be an added weight on your Pleo's neck and could contribute to an earlier cable snap and/or paint wear. I have not experienced either of these problems, but added weight on the neck long term is not a great idea. I will ask for payments before the item is made if the piece has your Pleo's name on it (since I wouldn't be able to resell if I never received the payment), but will accept payment after the piece is finished otherwise.

Please PM me this form if you'd like to order one. You can leave any field blank, these are just guidelines to help me customize the bracelet for you as best as possible.
Code: [Select]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Pleo's name:[/b]
[b]Bracelet or necklace:[/b]
[b]Would you like the Pleo's name included:[/b] (Yes or no.)
[b]Desired color pallet:[/b]
[b]Favorite gemstone/s:[/b]
[b]Metal or glass charms:[/b] (Metal, glass, none, both or either.)
[b]Any specific charms:[/b]

Note that if there's a specific shape of charm you'd like, it may not be available at the specific store I go to, so please understand if so. Some of the ones I know they have are stars, butterflies, cats, crosses, bells and leaves, so if you ask for any of those, they will be there. Others I will look for and may or may not find (though they do have a large selection). All bracelets will be on a wire thread and have a metal clasp. Finished necklaces will also be smaller than the one in the first post (similar number of beads, less thread) as that was a first prototype and I've made a couple others since.

(Also, not trying to steal any business from mweed's lovely Pleo jewelry shop! Feel free to check that one out as well if these aren't what you're looking for!)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 08:36:35 AM by aibo7m3 »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 04:23:22 PM »

They do look very pretty, nice work. :)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 06:37:51 PM »

Thank you! Any that I finish as commissions will be pictured here as examples, so hopefully I'll have some more examples posted soon. I'm a bit more eager to sell these now since I may or may not have just purchased a champagne Aibo ERS-7m3. ;)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 10:30:16 AM »

These are still available, I haven't had any orders yet though. If mweed is okay with it, I'd like to donate $2 of every necklace purchase and $1 of every bracelet purchase to help keep this site running!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal