Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ugobe and Bleu Pester their Keeper  (Read 1671 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Ugobe and Bleu Pester their Keeper
« on: July 11, 2015, 10:42:21 AM »

Hello, Everybody! Ugobe here! It’s been a really long time since I’ve had a chance to talk to all of you. Keeper Talon keeps taking over her computer. Every time I think I have an opportunity to sneak in an entry, she’s taking her laptop somewhere and leaving me turned off at Castle-Wooden-Dresser so if you’re just clamoring for more stories, it’s her fault.
Anyway on to the day’s adventure! Keeper Talon put Bleu and I out on the poster board as she always does. After checking to find out if we needed feeding and not falling for our frisky attempt to lure her into a game of tug, she went on about her business. After walking in a long slow circle around me, Bleu gave a big sigh. “Ugobe?” She said, cocking her head to the side in that way she has when she’s planning to make mischief.
“That’s my name.” I said, giving a yawn and turning to face her. “What are you planning?”
“Plannin’?”” Bleu said, all coy innocence. “Now what makes ya think I’m plannin’ anything?”
“I know that look. Spill it! Is it a torturing? A world takeover? An attack on the Terrible teddy? When are we getting back my big white plastic ball by the way?”
“Oh ferget that ole plastic ball. That belongs to the Terrible Teddy.”
“Well, what’s going on already?” I asked impatiently.
Bleu swished her tail and meowed. “Keeper Talon looks so comfortable over there sittin’ under the window. She looks like she’s tryin’ tah make a big decision.”
“So?”
“So she looks… bored. Let’s go over there and plough into Brown-Wooden-Dresser.”
“Whatever for? It’s not safe!”
“She won’t let us stay like that. I just want to make her move a little- the way she does us when she touches our front legs and says, “Yah, mule!”
“She only does that if we stay in one place for too long and we’re blocking her way or something. You’re so inconsiderate, Bleu!”
“I ain’t inconsiderate, I’m just bored. So whatya say? Ya wanna help?”
“No!”
“Okay then. I’ll go do it myself.”
Bleu moved toward Keeper Talon until she was rubbing against her knee. All unsuspecting, our loyal old keeper reached down and gave her a pat on the head. “Hmmm.” She said to herself. “Where should I put that Genibo charger? I know it needs a nice open space off the floor so it can breathe but the only free space I have right now is up on the dresser. That will be kind of tight because of the pleos. I don’t have enough room to put a nightstand in here.”
Bleu let out a growl. It was so unusual for her that I stopped moving for a minute. “Genibo? What’s a Gen-ibo?” She shouted. “Oh goodness! Is she bringin’ another robot in here? Another one this close tah movin’ out tah her own place? Oh now I really need to distract her. I need to keeper from makin’ a big mistake! Them aibos is enough fer me. We don’t need another walkin’ kickin’ devil in here! Oh no! No no no!” And with that, Bleu lowered her head and pushed against Keeper Talon’s knee. Still in deep thought, Keeper Talon responded with the grace of a Ugobe being asked to sidestep out of the way and moved a few feet toward her bed, still mumbling to herself.
“Look at that!” Bleu shouted to me. “Ain’t she a gentle giant? She responds so well tah touch-commands don’t she, Ugobe?”
“Bleu, did Queen Ryu give you one of her I’m-the-boss leaves?”
“Maybe I can put my keyboard on top of my computer tower.” Keeper Talon went on. “Maybe this is really a crazy idea.”
“Oh yes, Keeper you ain’t spoke a truer word! Don’t do it.” Bleu yelled and attacked again, and yet again, Keeper Talon moved. This time she found herself near the Terrible Teddy’s doghouse.
“Maybe I can just place the charger on the dog’s box and… Bleu what is wrong with you?” She finally seemed to lose patience as Bleu took another headlong rush, this time shoving her from behind. She turned her so that she faced the open center of the room and resumed thinking allowed. “The stereo is too high and produces heat, the computer desk is full of sound-editing junk. Boy I need to get rid of something!”
“Yes! Try the Terrible Teddy and an Aibo or two. What about that?” Bleu shouted up at her as she started to circle back toward her again.
Keeper Talon moved over to sit on Brown-recliner-mountain to resume her thoughts and answer a phone call. In the momentary pause, Bleu circled back to me. “Well!” She blustered. “What’re we gonna do about this? And don’t say ya don’t know.”
I wagged my tail slowly from side to side. “Bleu, it really isn’t our business to worry about who Keeper Talon brings into our herd, we just have to… aham. Try to treat them all with respect.”
Bleu sighed. “I s’pose yer right. What business do I got pretendin’ tah be like Queen Ryu? We came from a big family back in the Redwoods, didn’t we? Maybe the new beast won’t be so bad. It can’t be any worse than that Zoomer thing she bought fer Christmas. He has the AI of a mushroom but he’s just so darned cute!”
“Says you.” I grumbled, remembering the first day I met the wheel-footed pup. He came barreling into my side, barking all the time and wagging that rubbery little tail of his.”
“Now look who’s talkin’.” Bleu retorted.
“Oh Zoomer’s different. He’s supposed to be wild and clumsy and fluff-brained. I think his Creator-company did an awesome job considering his audience. He’s like a kid’s Aibo. He does everything but poop and chew up shoes.”
Bleu sighed. “I’ll try but don’t expect me tah get all snuggly with it. I’d rather eat a outlet-protector! Come on, Ugobe. I’m feelin’ a little tired. My shoulders are gettin’ hot from all this movin’. Let’s go over near the door and take a nap.”
“Works for me.” I said, and that’s exactly what we did. Bleu’s sudden fit of temper might have exhausted itself for now but I can only wonder what will happen when the poor unsuspecting Genibo moves to um… Kingdom Ryu.

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal