Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battery advice needed for my pleo rb  (Read 8578 times)

Piggy

Battery advice needed for my pleo rb
« on: June 07, 2015, 12:03:23 PM »

Hi a few months ago I had big financial problems, so I sold my two pleo rb 's and kept my two Ugobes Kimmy and Leo . But I missed my RB's  terrible , so last week I found this gorgious pleo rb in a secondhand store a sort of pawnshop . And got it for a great price ;D it was hardley used and stood on a shelf with the former owner for almost three years. So the battery won't charge any more, the charger light keeps blinking red . I tryed cleaning all the silver tabs, different sockets  but it doesn't work.

New I am planning to order a replacement battery this week. But New my question " I have two battery's a original ugobe 2009 battery and a  refurbished one also for the ugobe from a Italian seller it is a 2700 mah battery. The funny thing is they both work great in my pleo reborn , but is it safe to use them or Will it distroy my pleo RB ?

Thank you for the advice....

Greetings from Marjolein , Ugobes Kimmy & Leo and my New pleo RB

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Battery advice needed for my pleo rb
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 07:13:16 AM »

Congrats on your new RB! :)

Innvo put tabs in the batteries so you couldn't use the wrong battery, as you must not run a Ugobe Pleo on a new Pleo RB battery due to the improvements they made.  However, I believe that you can theoretically run a Pleo RB on an old green Ugobe battery if you can get it to fit, it just might run a little slower.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 07:17:44 AM by Crewella »

Piggy

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 12:29:05 PM »

The New battery for my reborn arrived today but sadley with the same result  :( it doesn't matter how many times you put it in the charger the light Will turn red and after 10 seconds it Will constantly blink red.
I tryed cleaning it again with no result .... Does anyone have any advice ? Could it be the powercord or the cradle itself ?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:52:25 PM by Piggy »

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 05:00:30 PM »

Try getting a new power cable for the charging base.  You should be able to pick one up from your local electronics store for around $20.  Take the charger and battery in with you to the store and get them to help you choose the right one as it needs to be compatible with the specs on the charger and battery.  I had to try 3 different brands of charging cables before I found one that worked for me.  I have had this issue before so take heart that it is fixable :)

Piggy

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 01:32:44 AM »

Thanks  :D I Will try that , and hopefully Bella can start to exploring my house after being left on a shelf by her former owner for almost three years  to collect dust  >:( she is still in hatchling mode !

Piggy

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 07:54:41 AM »

I went to the electronics store with the charger base and the battery and the original powercable. We tried different brands of powercables but all with the same result , the charger base light keeps blinking red. They were all very helpfull and we tried repositioning the battery but nothing worked  :( so I guess I have to order a New charger base .... But Thanks for the tips !

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 09:05:10 AM »

I'm guessing it is the base that's faulty as well since I have an RB charger with a broken power cable and it doesn't light up at all when I put a battery on it, but works fine if I switch the cable.

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 03:21:45 PM »

I send you a pb, I saw 2 RB batteries on Marktplaats.

Piggy

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 12:37:06 AM »

I send you a pb, I saw 2 RB batteries on Marktplaats.

Thank you but it is not the battery it is the Brown chargerbase, even with a New pleo battery it keeps blinking red. I went to a electronics store and they helped me with different powercables, but with the same result it just kept blinking red the pleo logo on the charger base .

Hoi bedankt maar het is niet de batterij, het is het bruine laadstation zelfs meteen nieuwe batterij blijft deze maar rood blinken. Ik ben naar plentyparts geweest met alles en daar veel verschillende adapters geprobeerd met helaas het zelfde resultaat dat het pleo logo maar rood blijft knipperen. Ik heb dus een nieuw laadstation nodig. Binnenkort bestel ik er een bij AccessoiryJack daar zijn ze niet zo duur en de verzendkosten ook niet.

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 05:13:15 PM »

You should be able to get a new charging base from pleoworld. 

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 06:11:25 PM »

Try sitting a weight on top of the battery to hold it down on the contacts firmly, worth a shot. Also I have one charger that only works if you push the front down first, then click the back into position. The chargers are pretty simple things, so if it's lighting up it's certainly not completely dead. I know you've cleaned the charger, but have you cleaned the batteries too? There could be some oily residue from the factory. Only clean the metal parts and make sure you use an alcohol to clean, other cleaners might leave traces behind.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 06:17:10 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Piggy

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 11:18:02 AM »

Try sitting a weight on top of the battery to hold it down on the contacts firmly, worth a shot. Also I have one charger that only works if you push the front down first, then click the back into position. The chargers are pretty simple things, so if it's lighting up it's certainly not completely dead. I know you've cleaned the charger, but have you cleaned the batteries too? There could be some oily residue from the factory. Only clean the metal parts and make sure you use an alcohol to clean, other cleaners might leave traces behind.

Hi IMR thank you for your advice , I tried what you mentioned but all with the same result the pleo logo keeps blinking red  :( I tried cleaning the battery and the charger, i put a weight on top of the battery and pushend the front down first and clicked the back in position. The battery is firmly connected with the charger but it keeps blinking red....

I have ordered a New chargerbase from robotdiscounter, a shop online in Holland that sells pleo's and battery's and chargerbase. I also have the green lithium battery that you can use for the pleo ugobe and reborn ... But for now I use it only in my ugobe . So hopefully when my Brown charger arrives my problem is solved  ;D

Piggy

problem solved !
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 12:12:40 PM »

The New Brown chargerbase came today and I popped in the original Brown battery and it charged :D
So now I can Use the original battery for my RB Bella ! She is so sweet and active I can't believe her former owner let her stand on a shelf for almost three years... :o

And my Ugobe Kimmy reacts great on the green lithium battery you can use for the ugobe and the rb, only the strange thing is when you pop in the battery it starts glowing red the pleo logo , and it is not even plugged in.....
maybe it is the battery discharge , but it is a bit creepy !

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 05:08:28 PM »

The glowing red is common with that type of battery.  Mine does it too.  Not sure why and it is a bit creepy :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal