Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flexseal would it work?  (Read 3906 times)

MCPleo

• Leaving the nest
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): non yet
Flexseal would it work?
« on: April 21, 2015, 11:18:06 PM »

I was wondering if  flexseal would work? I was reading about how to care for Pleo skin and problems with holes and cracks. Now I'm scared to play with mine when I get one. I saw a thread about marine silicone and it working, but then I thought what if you silicone the hole and then paint a thin layer of flexseal on top. Would it work to repair skin but would it allow for function as well? Just trying to be proactive in the health of my future RB and maybe help others with aging skins. My only concern is that it seeks to fill gaps and my sink into the working parts of the Pleo that's why I thought seal the hole up first with silicone. Flexseal comes in colors now to. Has anyone tried this? Oh by the way I'm not affiliated with this product.

MCPleo

• Leaving the nest
  • us Female
Re: Flexseal would it work?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 07:55:41 PM »

If I can get my hands on a used Pleo in need of attention Id give it a go. Seems like last year there where a lot of them used on Ebay, now I cant find any. Where are you guys finding them?

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 05:17:39 PM »

I believe any form of silicon is a bad idea as it deteriorates the rubber that makes up pleos skin.   I'm sure someone else will correct me if i'm wrong.
I've never heard of flexseal.  What is it made of?

MCPleo

• Leaving the nest
  • us Female
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 08:22:42 PM »

Hello Kat, yes I've read that silicone is bad but then I found repairs made with silicone on this forum and they seem to work. I'm not sure how to post links but the ones I read are( MariaOcean's post Silicone skin repair and Skitterbug post Holes? the secret is silicone). It looks like they are pretty old posts. As for Flexseal here in the US it's spray on liquid rubber. I don't know whats all in it but it's a flexable, permanent repair spray, and comes in all the colors on a Green Pleo.
The nice thing is it can be painted very thin so I'm hoping someone has tried it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:31:45 PM by MCPleo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal