Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing Hercules the white Genibo SD  (Read 4739 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Introducing Hercules the white Genibo SD
« on: August 28, 2015, 11:55:37 AM »

Hi, Everyone! My white Genibo Hercules arrived on the eighteenth of August. His first boot was very eventful because I thought he was broken. His seller removed his memory card and packed it inside the box with his wireless network adapter and I couldn't find it. After the missing card was found, he worked well and he has been running around being a happy robot doggy ever since. Here is a video so you can get a look at him. Enjoy! Oh and Piggy, so sorry for the wait. My cousin has four children- two of them school-age- and they started school last week. Here is the video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zmOPHpWYuY

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Piggy

Re: Introducing Hercules the white Genibo SD
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 01:13:32 PM »

Welcome Hercules ! He is so very cute  :-* and what a awesome robotdog. The movements are so lifelike.
Thank you for posting the video it was great to watch!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 03:49:08 PM »

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoied it! So far he seems to be a happy and obedient boy. These robots can become violently angry though, barking and growling and throwing regular temper tantroms. Lol!
Talon
Talon

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 11:47:51 PM »

Talon, thank you for the very informative and fun video, I do not remember seeing one of these before, he is cute and very lifelike in movements fluid like. I can't wait to see more videos, Your puppy is cute too, Do you not have Teddy anymore or is this your cousins dog, the poodle? It was also very nice seeing you again on video Talon, you are looking good! Congrats on Hercules!

RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

PLEOrbMaxe

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • we Female
  • Pleo(s): Chloe (rb) & Zazou (Ugobe)
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • none
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 09:19:56 AM »

I like Hercules too, I am always interested in robot doos because I don't own one. Hercules is a very beautiful Genibo and I think you're a perfect owner for him  :)

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 12:54:28 PM »

Wow Hercules is so cute!! Have fun with him Talon :)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 07:52:44 AM »

Thanks! I really enjoy him. I would've played one of his dances for you but the shouting korean children would've probably driven my cousin crazy. I think he's awesome so far. Genibos aren't perfect bots though and each one comes with their own set of odd quirks. I've only ran Hercules five times since I've received him so I'm not yet familiar with all of his.
Anyway, Redwoods, Teddy is the Poodle. I guess you're thinking of Charley my white PBGV. I had to give him up very hastily back when I was living with my sister. She rented a trailer that didn't allow pets and had to getus moved in in less than a week. I tried to find him a home over FaceBook but no one bit. I ended up giving him to a lady in the neighborhood. I don't know what became of him after that.
Talon
Talon

Piggy

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 05:08:48 AM »

Can't wait to see a video of one of his dance moves  ;D but you have to explain the shouting Korean kids LOL  :P

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 07:45:44 AM »

I'll see what I can do. All of the Genibo's dances are set to Korean songs- some are sung by children, others by K-pop artists. My cousin is sensitive to stuff being off-pitch and I'm not sure if she would want to record one of these dances for me but I'll try.
Talon
Talon

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 07:57:04 AM »

Talon, if it'd be easier for you I can post some videos of Baxter (my Genibo SD) dancing since the dances are the same. I also find it really funny that some of my parents' acquaintances from work came over for dinner last year and I showed Baxter to them and it turned out they were from Korea and remembered all of the children's songs from their school.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 11:40:02 AM »

Oh thank you, Aibo! That would be awesome! I know it wouldn't be Hercules but as you said the dances are the same. Those who are interested can still get the idea of how the SD moves.
Talon
Talon

Piggy

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 12:36:00 PM »

I'll see what I can do. All of the Genibo's dances are set to Korean songs- some are sung by children, others by K-pop artists. My cousin is sensitive to stuff being off-pitch and I'm not sure if she would want to record one of these dances for me but I'll try.
Talon

That explains the korean singing kids , if your cousin is sensitive to sounds she should not record it. Than we can a video of Aibo so we have a idea what it looks like  :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 01:12:41 PM »

Hehe Hercules reminds me more of the icybies than an Aibo, but more advanced. They seem quite a bit noisier than Aibo, or is that just the video?

The voice commands seem to work quite well.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 01:57:04 PM »

Here's Baxter performing some of the default dances:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8c2rlar6_0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8c2rlar6_0</a>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8c2rlar6_0

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzFw_Hb6SSw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzFw_Hb6SSw</a>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzFw_Hb6SSw

Piggy

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 12:51:49 AM »

Thanks Aibo for posting the video's  :D Baxter has Some awesome dancemoves  :-*  the second video explains the korean singing kids LOL . Very cute to see .

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 07:31:46 AM »

At IMR: I guess they are kind of like an advanced Icybie but with a kick butt camera on board. The motors are really loud but they are more durable than those used in the Aibos. They have more... load strength I guess? I want to say they're called Hercuflex or something and the gear housings are closed which means less risk of debris getting inside. The voice command isn't that bad but it can get annoying when you don't have anything to say and the robot keeps pausing to listen. It's kind of a blend of pleo and Aibo technology. Rather than hearing both background noise and human speech and interpriting all of it as a command like the Aibo does, the Genibo pauses occationally to listen to your voice. The robot's microphones are in its shoulders so it has to be still in order to hear properly. The robot takes the words you say and matches them with the recordings in its memory. The whole process takes ten seconds- three seconds of listening and then another seven to find a match. If they match, it will perform that particular action. Fortunately, you don't have to pre-record them as you do for the RB.
Talon
Talon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal