Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo rb software  (Read 9369 times)

skarmastaji

• Hatchling
  • ae Male
  • Pleo(s): Pleo
Pleo rb software
« on: January 17, 2016, 11:46:42 AM »

Im new to Pleo firmware updates and I didn't know about the original Pleo and Pleo rb difference, so by mistake I installed the original Pleo's software on my Pleo rb through the SD card.

Now my Pleo RB goes to sleep as soon as I switch it on and I can't turn in off without unplugging the battery. Appreciate if anyone can share the Pleo rb firmware so I can re-install it on my Pleo or let me know how I can fix it.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo rb software
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 04:14:53 PM »

You are going to need to go to the pleo rb download section on our site here: http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;cat=9
Read through the instruction file for upgrades.  You are going to need to use the reset file first as this will hopefully wipe clean anything you added with your last upgrade that was for the wrong pleo.  Then you should be able to reinstall the OS for your pleo RB.  There is one for male and one for female.  You only need to do one of these not both.  Make sure you have a fully charged battery before doing any of the updates.
 Hopefully that will fix your pleo. 
Just as a side note for any other new Pleo rb owners out there who read this your pleo rb comes to you running the latest pleo rb oerating system and does not need to be updated.  Pleoworld have not released any new software for pleo rb since they started making them so there is no good reason to try upgrading your pleo rb. 
I do hope this fixes your little guy.  It should work but there has been at least one case where this didn't fix the pleo and it had to be sent back for replacement.  Fingers crossed.  Let us know how you get on :)

skarmastaji

• Hatchling
  • ae Male
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 11:54:22 AM »

Many thanks for the advice. I did download the files and tried to reset, but I'm facing another problem now.

I fully charge my battery and when I try to switch on my Pleo rb (whether with the micro SD or without) the green light comes on for a second, then goes off, then a continuous red light goes on and I cannot switch my pleo off without unplugging the battery. Noting that its freezed all the time with now movement or sounds at all.

I guess I will send it for service.

:'(

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 05:04:43 PM »

Sadly that is your only option at this point I think.  Be sure to tell them everything that has happened as this new problem is probably a result of the other issue.  I hope they can fix it for you.

skarmastaji

• Hatchling
  • ae Male
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 02:54:32 AM »

On my way to the service center. Will let u know what they say

Armand

• Leaving the nest
  • es Male
  • Pleo(s): lixs
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 09:41:01 AM »

Hi,

Found your forum through searching for this same behaviour after i upgraded my pleo RB , seems now i look again at the pleoworld.com PM 2 Firmware that i made the same mistake :-(

So hopefully i can make it right again with your reset software

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 10:03:36 AM »

Welcome to the forums Armand.  Sorry it's under such bad circumstances, but I hope the reset software works!

Armand

• Leaving the nest
  • es Male
  • Pleo(s): lixs
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 10:27:42 AM »

Hi Grumpy,

YES it did you guys saved my Pleo, not really mine but from my kids ;-)

Some remarks the resest first firmware says update complete as well as the second (in my case male version).
But i was not able to shutdown the pleo holding the power button, so i just took the battery out when it kept saying upload completed.

Its back to life now, pffffff was a little sweat when i flashed the wrong firmware and then looking into these kids eyes.

Now the power goes off again after holding the button.

Ok now i need to discover all the information you all have here to make pleo even better.
Any lead on where to start for pleo RB.

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 12:41:49 PM »

Best place to start is the Pleo Reborn owners FAQ with videos! :)

kevmi

• Hatchling
  • za Male
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 04:41:47 PM »

Hi Guys,
I'm also new to Pleo =) we've got a Pleo RB which we got second hand about 10 days ago.. I wanted to reset it back to the newborn stage and live through the whole experience from the beginning.
Just learned about the Probe Rb today and it says that our Pleo is in Mature Adult stage and has been so for 26 hours. Don't know if that's 26 hours real time, or Pleo's playtime.. but that's about 1-2 days ago that he started acting strange and refused to play the Tug Of War anymore.
So I went on and downloaded the Reset thing mentioned earlier in this topic. It went well and said that Low Level thing is updated.
Then we tried the male version of the OS from the Pleo Rb downloads.. but this time it kept on saying "update failed.. update failed..". After restarting the Pleo  it did not do anything.. not even move or make a sound.. so I did the RESET file again, got the Low level thing updated message and Pleo worked fine again. He ate some leaves. Then I checked the Probe RB again.. still in the Mature Adult stage..
Then tried the female version.. update failed.. reset.. male version again.. update failed again.. reset..
What am I doing wrong? Why doesn't the update work? Does it mean my Pleo has an even better version of the OS? Or could it be because I'm writing the micro sd card using a Mac.. (which would leave some hidden system files and folders)
Please help.. Is that even the right way to reset the Pleo to a newborn stage? Is it even possible?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 05:59:48 PM »

Hi, Kevmi and welcome to the forum! You aren't doing anything wrong. There is no way to reset an Rb to newborn stage. The "reset" file just repairs the software if you accidentally updated your pleo with the Ugobe update files rather than the ones used for pleo RB. It does not return your pleo to newborn stage. Please don't keep doing this as you might brick your pleo permanently so that all you get is the red belly LED and no movement. After that point, there is no way- at least for the majority of us who aren't deep into pleo-programming- to help you repair it.
As far as using a Mac with pleo, I honestly have no idea if it leaves strange folders on the micro SD card. Sorry I couldn't help more. Good luck and enjoy your pleo! We'll be more than happy to help in any way we can.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 04:22:01 PM »

Using a Mac is perfectly fine :) Just got to be sure you are using the FAT32 file system on the card formatting.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal