Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: straightened leg?  (Read 4292 times)

Mini Me Pleo

• Outstanding in the herd
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Luke
  • Greetings from the USA!!!
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
straightened leg?
« on: January 27, 2015, 07:44:10 PM »

My pleo Malachi has a problem if you have any advice for me that would be fantastic and most people know pleos are expensive so  yeah.       http://youtu.be/mV55VAFgSRo

~Mini Me Pleo

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: straightened leg?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 08:19:57 PM »

I had this exact issue with an RB that I purchased last summer who I unfortunately had to return for a replacement. If manually bending the leg doesn't solve the problem, sending her back might unfortunately be your best option if she's still under a warranty. If you are really too attached or if the warranty has expired and you might be willing to try a repair yourself, I believe the issue may be caused be a detached wire than can be soldered back into place with a soldering iron (this isn't necessarily the case, but jammed legs often seem to be caused by a loose/detached wire). I've never tried this repair though, so you should definitely get advice and/or pictures from someone who has before even checking to see if this is the issue.
Good luck!

Mini Me Pleo

• Outstanding in the herd
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Luke
  • Greetings from the USA!!!
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 06:22:28 AM »

Did you get the same pleo back? And also how much did it cost for shipping to send it back? I'm hoping that Pleo World pays for it but I doubt it
~Mini Me Pleo

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 09:33:45 AM »

No, unfortunately I got a replacement RB. I ordered him from Amazon, but I believe PleoWorld usually just offers replacements instead of repairs as well (I've heard of a lot of cases of them saying they'll repair a Pleo, then sending the owner a new one). Amazon paid for the return shipping, but if you're planning on sending yours back to Innvo, I imagine it would be pretty expensive (I don't know if PleoWorld pays for it or not). Did you purchase her from PleoWorld? I didn't think they shipped to the US.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 04:38:45 PM »

You should contact the place you purchased her from.  How long have you had her?  And is she still under warranty?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal