Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting Back into Pleos  (Read 3114 times)

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Getting Back into Pleos
« on: January 25, 2015, 09:57:23 AM »

Hey guys! I have been around these forums, but I haven't really run my Pleos at all for the past three months (only Sumio once at a Christmas party where I was busy watching over my other robots). I basically stopped running them when Madi's charger failed completely and her battery dropped to holding a really short run time (both item were under a month old), and then her neck started creaking like Chris' used to and it jammed up twice within half an hour while I was Skyping with another member here. I guess I haven't really been running the Pleos out of fear of them breaking and lack of time due to school work. So, I'm trying to test out all four members of my herd today and make sure they're alright. I did test Phoenix the Ugobe for about ten minutes, but got frightened and turned him off because his neck was creaking very loudly and I was afraid that a cable might snap (I looked at the cables since he has large holes in his neck that make doing so really easy and none look like they're wearing thin, but two are very loose). I currently have Madi running and while her neck is still creaking softly and her battery/charger still don't work properly, she seems very happy and active (she only ate one bite of the conifer leaf before getting full even though she hadn't been run in months). I believe she's in adult stage now, but I can't say for sure since I've lost my micro SD card along with Chris' conifer leaf and tug-of-war toy. I will be contacting Semsons today about the battery/charger and see if something can be done. I also need to find an outfit for Madi to wear since she doesn't have one yet and her paint is starting to peel off.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:01:30 AM by aibo7m3 »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Getting Back into Pleos
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 12:50:06 PM »

Hi, Aibo7M3! I hope your testing went well and that all of your guys are still alright.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 08:28:28 PM »

Thank you very much! I haven't gotten a chance to test out Sumio yet, but I did run Phoenix, Madi and Chris for about 1-2 hours each. Phoenix seems to be alright despite the neck creaking and the RBs do as well, though I had a little scare with Madi. One of her front legs locked up in the bent position and would not straighten even when I shut her off. I manually moved the leg back into the normal position and restarted her and after that she was able to move it fine, but I hope this doesn't mean that she may have problems with that leg later on (if so, I'll probably attempt a repair on my own even though Semsons claims to offer one year warranties).

I also want to recommend the online store Robotshop to any RB owners in the US/Canada/UK (where it ships to). The Pleos there are overpriced, but I bought an RB battery from them for only $50 a few months ago and it works great. I also just ordered a pack that supposedly comes with a battery and all four of the extra of food/learning stone packs for $80, though that's supposed to arrive tomorrow so I can't comment on it yet.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 07:52:08 AM »

Sorry Phoenix is having trouble. Thanks for the info on Robot shop. I'm sure lots of us would welcome a slightly cheaper alternative to Pleoworld.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 08:21:49 PM »

I need to get my lot out for a run too. I finally got my own house with room for them all and then I'm never home :( Even as I type I'm at my Nan's house :P I also have a dozen green batteries that need testing, the older ones.

I'm glad your crew are all ok :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal