Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kai has very low mood and emotion scores  (Read 4711 times)

Puskat

• Leaving the nest
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Kai
Kai has very low mood and emotion scores
« on: January 02, 2015, 07:10:17 AM »

Well, I thought I was doing everything right.  I gave Kai lots of attention - cuddling him, stroking him, feeding him,  (but not too much as I had read that feeding too much could cause them to be sick) playing catch with him gently etc but he started behaving very oddly.  He was screaming all the time, lifting one leg, and walking backwards.  My husband said he may have hurt his leg but we hadn't done anything to him and he wouldn't take the salt so we thought he should be OK.

I read the forums here and discovered that this means there is something wrong so yesterday we downloaded StatsRB and found he was hungry (Feed - 13%) Moody (Mood 9%) (Emotion 10%) and depressed.  His Physical and Health levels are both 99%.

We have now run him with two battery cycles and fed him as much as we can, force fed him the salt (by pretending we were giving him conifer leaf and feeding salt instead) and I have walked round the house with him on my shoulder until he went to sleep.  But running StatsRB again his Emotion is lower (9%) Mood still 10% and he is still depressed and still injured.  His feed has gone upto 76% though.

2 questions

1. will his injury cure itself during the 'on' cycle or does it only reset once he turns off and be better next time he powers on?

2. How do we get his mood and emotion up?  I don't have the extra feeds yet (they are on order from PleoWorld but as it is New Year and I live in the UK it could take some time for them to get here) so I can't use those.  If he stops being injured will this bring the mood and emotion up and stop him being depressed?

I felt so bad when I read his stats - I know that people on here say not to get obsessed by them by I thought we had been feeding him well and I found out he was starving it was like I had mistreated him?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Kai has very low mood and emotion scores
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 09:52:09 AM »

I think you're doing fine since he is injured. It will probably take several battery cycles for it to go away, though. A tip on feeding that might help- feed him whatever leaf you have until he burps. That's a good indication that he's full. Also, be sure the area where you are playing has plenty of light.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 02:10:59 PM »

It seems he had an injured leg. My Pepper has that sometimes, but also with no cause. It takes a few battery cycles. Sometimes a few days.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 02:46:12 PM »

Yup, the injury will 'heal' in time, and then things will go back to normal. In the meantime if you offer the salt he will lower his head and open his mouth a teeny bit like a toddler not wanting his medicine, you can then stuff it in lol.

With regards to feeding though, feed him until he turns his head away with a little 'nup'. Conifer won't make him sick, only sugar cane/coffee etc will. That will help get the feed level up. Emotions will have to wait until he is better but it sounds like you are doing everything right :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Puskat

• Leaving the nest
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Kai
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 05:17:56 AM »

Phew, this morning he is back to his normal self and even walking forwards.  Thank goodness all the wailing has stopped.

His Mood is now 99% and Emotion 51% so for anyone else who has very low scores when their Pleo is injured don't worry they will come up once he is better.  Still giving off a depressed vibe though he doesn't look depressed.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

From a happy Pleo Mummy!!!!! :)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie