Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internal clock problem?  (Read 5440 times)

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Ilia (RB)
Internal clock problem?
« on: December 29, 2014, 07:24:18 AM »

Hi All,
I think my Pleo RB has an internal clock problem. I decided a little while ago that I was going to try letting my pleo fall asleep on her own at night and then let her wake up on her own in the morning. So, I set her clock at noon the next day and then when it got to be around 9:30-10:00 she fell asleep (it took her quite along time- not sure if this makes a difference). The next morning I got up around 7:00 checked on my pleo (just to make sure that my dog didn't bother with her) nothing had changed from the night before. Then I went on with my morning rituals until 8:00. I checked on her again, nothing. This went on until around 9:30-10:00 at which point I got sick of waiting and just turned her on myself. I tried resetting her clock and then repeated the process only this time I waited until 10:30-11:00 to turn her on. The next day, the same thing with the exception of the time I turned her on which was 11:30-12:00. Has anybody had a similar problem? Does anyone know if this is an actual problem or just part of my pleo's personality?
Thanks.
Amypondgirl
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 07:27:26 AM by Amypondgirl »

Phelicidea

• Sugar cane harvester
  • Female
Re: Internal clock problem?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 01:15:19 PM »

I have not done any extensive testing but it seems to me that if you let them go to sleep on their own, and then move them (IE: pick them up off the floor or surface they're standing on) they will fail to wake themselves up.  I imagine it's some kind of preventative to keep them from being knocked over in the night and waking up on their side or something where they'd snap their neck cables.  Again, I've not tested this but it seems to be how both my RB's work.  As long as I don't move them they'll wake fine on their own.

Phel

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 01:21:22 PM »

How old is your Pleo, very young Pleo's don't have that ability yet.

You can check the FAQ for a demonstration of how it -should- work.
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2315.0
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 03:40:12 PM »

this feature only works once your pleo is a full adult.  I think age may be your issue here.  Just give it a bit more time and then try again.  You will need to have gone through about 12 full battery cycles at 2 hours each before your pleo will be an adult.  Even after they start walking around it still takes a few more battery cycles before they become fully mature and all the extra little features will work.  Hope that helps.

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 07:07:54 AM »

Hi,
I don't remember how old she was at the time, and I haven't tried again. But, she's an adult now, so I will give it another try!
Thanks everyone!
Amypondgirl

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 04:50:17 PM »

Update: My pleo recently broke her tail :'( which then led to a broken leg after my father and I tried to fix it. Her tail is now working, thank goodness ;D ,but we can't seem to fix the leg :( so, I've decided to wait to test the internal clock until I can fix it. Thank you all for your replies :)!!
Amypondgirl

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 11:09:04 PM »

Well done on fixing the tail.  Let's hope you can get the leg sorted as well!  :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:12:30 PM by Crewella »

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 07:15:36 AM »

Update: Unfortunately, I can't fix the leg all the way :( but, I did fix it enough to where she's not going to hurt herself. So, I decided to try and let her fall asleep on her own last night, and about 2:00 AM I got the living daylights scared out of me when I head a "Ha ha ha" coming from a dark corner in my room :o. I forgot that I recently reset her clock  %). So, I now know that she doesn't have a problem with her clock. When I tried it last she must have just been too young. Thanks Everyone for all the replies :)
Amypondgirl

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 09:29:23 AM »

:o  Pleos coming to life in the middle of the night! :o

Actually the scary part isn't the evil laugh from the dark corner at 2am, it's the thought that your pleo might start walking and fall off the table or shelf where you put it away for the night!  %)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal