Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating Pleo RBs  (Read 5438 times)

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Ilia (RB)
Updating Pleo RBs
« on: December 18, 2014, 07:52:09 PM »

Hi,
I am thinking about updating my pleo RB, as I think she is running the older software. But, I have read that some people have had some trouble updating their pleos and then they stop working. So. I was wondering if this would be a good idea?
Also I was wondering if anyone actually knows what happens to the pleo's software that makes them not work?
Thanks,
Amypondgirl

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Updating Pleo RBs
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 10:05:43 AM »

Hi, Amypondgirl! If I am wrong, somebody please correct me but the last update put out by Innvo Labs was released in twenty eleven. I think it's called Pleorb_pm_2.0 and then fill in the gender. The update doesn't correct for much unless your RB is curling into the sleep position at shutdown. If it's going into packing position with its head and tail straight, and you aren't having any mechanical issues, I can't see a real reason to update.
As far as the odd flash issue that sometimes happens during updating, I'm not up enough on programming to explain it. Innvo used to make tiny tweaks to their software as they put out new units. My female RB Ryu was updated to the last release but  she doesn't have the ability to react to the Christmas or birthday card patterns that newer pleos do. If you want to update anyway, be my guest but if she's going into packing position at shutdown and has no odd software quirks, I would let her alone.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 04:53:08 AM »

Does your Pleo curl up when switched off? It would probably be pretty hard to find a Pleo running the old software these days.

Pleo's are complicated machines with computers, just like any other complicated machine or computer little glitches can happen, sometimes there's an easy fix, and sometimes there isn't. But it isn't very common.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 03:16:21 PM »

Hi,
Thank you both for your responses :).
She doesn't curl up but she does have some glitches (such as she randomly beeps for no apparent reason). Another reason that I wanted to update her is before I got her I had two boy pleo RBs (because they came to me broken I had to send them back to the seller :( ) and I liked the boys personalities better. So, I saw somewhere on the forum that it was possible to change the gender by updating the software. Does any one know if this is true?
Thanks again :),
Amypondgirl

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 05:28:39 AM »

Yes you can change the gender, just make sure you grab the male update. But do note that it won't change the personality, if you want to tweak that you need to use change RB.

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 08:53:15 AM »

Hi,
Thanks IMR!
I will be updating and using change RB as soon as possible.
Amypondgirl

Amypondgirl

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • us Female
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 07:33:23 AM »

Update: After talking with my little sister and telling her I wanted to change the gender of my Pleo she got upset and told me she didn't want Ilia to be a boy. So I guess my pleo is staying a girl. However, I did use change RB and her personality is much better now ( she used to be very moody).
Thanks again to everyone who responded!!!
Amypondgirl

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 01:23:03 PM »

That just means you'll need a second Pleo down the track ;)

Some Pleo's can be rather moody, I got lucky with my lot, but I know there's a few grumps on the forums lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal