Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you to Everyone for Understanding my Absence.  (Read 3712 times)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Thank you to Everyone for Understanding my Absence.
« on: January 07, 2015, 05:31:54 PM »

Some of you noticed I have been gone since before December.............it has been a rough year and December was anything but Christmas for me and my household. Most of you who know me that Cats mean more to me then anything and Pleos are a distant runner up, even though I have more then most people.(28) I had a very sick cat in Novemeber and one of my first cats since moving to our current home.. His name was Dinta and he was the first born son of my hubbys favorite cat, Lei -Lu, a very petite tortie who gave birth to Dinta in April of 2005. Lei Lu died after a sudden and serious illness on October 18th, 2012. After her death, cat deaths just continued and it has been very traumatic and sad seeing so many passing .
            Dinta would have been 10 years old this April, but he did not make it. He became suddenly very sick after returning from a vets' appointment on November 17th, and as soon as he got home he collasped with rear leg paralyis, unable to stand or walk ever since then, He became weaker and weaker though totally alert to everything.lHe was like a newborn kitten, I had to hand feed him, he was wearing diapers, unable to get to the litter box, and could only wash himself. His fur all began to fall out, he looked like a plucked chicken and it broke my heart. His final vet appt on Dec. 4th was supposed to be for an Xray to rule out a spinal fracture, some reason he could no longer walk. The vet took one look at him in  less then two minutes of being there and said he was "dying". He also had a blockage in his intestines and had not been able to go to the bathroom, ( BM) for two days, even though he could still push with his legs and stomach muscles, it was painful to watch...........All we could do was help our Dinta baby cross the Rainbow Bridge as peacefully as possible......... :( :cat-hug: :( :(

If Dintas death were not bad enough, and this was on Dec. 4th, two more cats have been sick. our two kittens that we adopted , one on August 9th, a little girl named Ginger and then another little boy, named Hans on October 12th. Both had viruses, and Ginger was the worst with a high fever of 106.1 three days before Christmas. SHe is now over it, but our little boy, Hans has been having Loose stools for weeks now and I am just worn out with vet visits and sick cats. Hans acts great and looks good but he should not be having these constant loose stools.  He is now on a special diet and I am hoping this helps him and avoids another vet visit on Monday....Anyway, this is why I have not been here, just too much to handle with "real " life and death. P:'( :cat:.....Pleos mean very little when you have a live animal that is very very sick.

I appreciate everyone being understanding and respectful during the pas month.. The Pleo forums are like a second home and I have missed everyone, but I have read what is going on. I also have a lot of pleos that are neglected and probably hungry, but they don't mind either, it has been too cold and rainy this past month for much pleasure even for a pleo. P:D I will be busy the next few days trying to get my Hans Kitten better, or he goes to the vet on Monday........The big concern right now is that none of my other cats get sick. Dinta had a mysterious illness and nobody was able to diagnose it, just guesses as to what he may have had that caused his illness. I even got in touch with the well known VEt, Dr. Richard Pitcairn who is into holistic dog and cat medicine and he guessed at what Dintas problem was, but nobody knows for sure. Dinta is below in the bottom photo, taken in 2012. I miss my baby boy...................

Thank you for listening and understanding.  RWM
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:40:21 PM by RedwoodsMama »

Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Thank you to Everyone for Understanding my Absence.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 11:18:50 PM »

I was so sorry about poor Dinta, RWM.  You had a rotten year, here's hoping that 2015 will be a better one.   :cat-hug:

My newest adoptee, Pugwash, sends his love ....... here proudly sporting a cape borrowed from the Pleos and beautifully made by IMR! :D

It's nice to have you back! :D

Piggy

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 12:52:43 AM »

Hi , sorry to hear about Dinta , you had a tough year  :(  I hope that your Kitten Hans get well soon. Of course your cat's mean everything to you . I wish you a healthy 2015 for you  and all the animals you have . and hopefully a more relaxed year . Huggs from me and my Pleo's  :cat-hug:

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 02:05:47 AM »

Chin up RWM, sadly our pets are simply not with us long enough, but your other kitties need you and 2015 just has to get better.

Hehe Crewella, Pugwash looks very content there :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Puskat

• Leaving the nest
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Kai
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 12:11:49 PM »

My cat's also come above anything else in my house, including my husband - see my username.
You have all my sympathy.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 12:47:02 PM »

Crewella, Pugwash is so lucky to have gotten a home with you, he is adorable. Congrats on a sweet senior and thanks for sharing his story with me.. IMR, you are right they just are not here long enough and some times for a very short time.Piggy, thanks for the well wishes for this year and condolences on behalf of Dinta, I still can not believe he is gone... :(
           PUskat, yes I did notice your name and I understand about your cats coming first, my hubby knows that I take care of the cats even those that aren't myne before him, He can take care of himself and I am sure he would take care of our babies before me if I asked him to.

It has been a tough year and the one before. Here are some more photos.......
These are Ginger the little tortie I adopted long distance, from a high kill shelter in Virginia. she came 3,125 miles to get to me on August 9th, 2014. Then on October 12th, 2014, I got this little brown and white tabby boy, Hans from a high kill shelter here in California, only 1,000+ miles to get to me. Both are between 7-8 months old now. Here is Hans.
  Here is my Lei-Lu, our little tortie who passed at age 15 in October 2012, with Dinta who passed this December, the 4th of this year. He was born in April 2005, this is when the photo was taken late April, 2005.( The date stamp is when I took a photo of the photo off my computer.)
and last but not least, my baby boy, Karuna who tragically died on May 2nd, 2014, only three days after turning 1 year old, escaping our house and yard to be hit by a car. I rescued him as a feral baby, a Bengal mix baby and he came to me about two weeks after another beautiful baby boy had to be euthanized  In June the preceeding year...and our oldest cat who was almost 20 of Kidney disease. This is Karuna, he was so sweet and beautiful......
He was about seven months old in the photo.............. This year has to be better, I can't see three years in a row being this painful....................Thank you everyone for understanding how important my fur babies are to me.......... RWM  :cat-hug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 02:07:50 PM »

On a more cheerful note, below is a video of Hans, our seven month old brown and white tabby male I adopted back in October, that was taken in December, about a week before Christmas. It is a nice video because he just got over being very sick with a bad URI, and is playing on a Kitty Hammock I made a couple of weeks before. I am sorry for the mistakes in editing at the end of the video,( After THE END) just extra frames I forgot to delete, because it was late at night. HOpe you enjoy seeing Hans as a healthy "teen age" kitten.      RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo P:) township of the Redwoods

#Invalid YouTube Link#
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:28:59 PM by RedwoodsMama »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal