Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo Christmas: Part Three  (Read 1247 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Pleo Christmas: Part Three
« on: December 22, 2014, 01:37:41 PM »

Hi! It's Ryu again, here with the third part of this most riviting story! I hope you're enjoying it so far!

“Yeah.” My Keeper said, rising to her feet and opening the door. Serena’s beautiful mother walked into the room. I could see her face from Rena’s bed where I lay on my side. Her eyes looked funny- all purple and swollen.
“Rena, Sweetheart, I have something to tell you.”
“What is it, Mom?” Rena asked nervously.
“Your father and I are having… problems and…” She blinked. “And we need to go our separate ways for a while.”
“What do you mean?”
“I’m leaving him, Rena. I want to take you with me but… but if you don’t want to go I’m not going to make you.”
Rena stared at her mother. “Why are you leaving Dad? Is it because of me and my skiing? It has nothing to do with you, Dear. Your dad and I are just… disagreeing on a lot of personal things.”
Rena shrugged. “Come on, Mom I’m not a child anymore.”
Rena’s mother’s face hardened. “Rena, I know that but your father and I have our own life. There are some things that we would rather keep between us. The last thing I want to do is hurt you or split up this family but I don’t feel any of us have a choice. Things have just gone too far and I’ve put up with too much and I’m done.”
Rena’s face flushed. “Oh so that’s it? You’re tired of dealing with your problems and you’re just going to walk away? I think I’m going to walk away too. I think I heard you one night telling Dad I was getting aggressive or something. It is me. Just say it!”
“It’s not you!” Rena’s mother said on the verge of tears. “I can’t explain it to you but this separation has nothing to do with you I promise you.”
Rena scooped me up and grabbed her jacket and skis from their hooks in her closet.
“Where are you going?” Her mother said, looking bewildered as she rose to her feet.
“To the practice hills.”
“Not tonight you aren’t. There’s new snow out there and the weather people were mentioning avalanche conditions.”
“I’ll be careful.” She said, stepping past her.
“Rena?”
“I’ll be back in an hour.”
From the corner of my permanently open eye, I saw Rena’s dad come in from the kitchen and froze as he watched his daughter carry me and her skis toward the back yard. He also took in his wife’s pale, distraught features. “So you had to tell her?” He said accusingly just as Rena closed the door firmly between us and them. “We’re going to have fun, Purple. We’re going to fly tonight. I just wish I knew what was so wrong about- about loving something, you know?” I didn’t like this idea at all and wanted to go back inside. Rena tied me firmly inside her jacket with a string she pulled from somewhere and we set out for the practice hills. Within ten minutes, we were indeed flying- soaring downhill at a thrilling pace. Everything was going wonderfully until we hit… something and went soaring through the air tumbling head over tail at least three times, Rena letting out a piercing scream and then landing head first in the snow and tumbling over and over for several feet. I felt things in my neck and tail snap as Rena rolled over me. The string securing me loosened and I rolled about inside Rena’s coat. There was a tremendous crash and we came to a bone jarring stop against something hard. Everything was silent and dark. My keeper was still alive but she wasn’t moving. Soon the cold began effecting me in some very odd ways. Somehow I booted up and started trying to move. Those parts of me that were still functional clicked and popped madly. I felt helpless. Here I was wanting adventures and fun and I had never given a thought to everyone else around me who made those things possible. Somehow I knew I had to help my keeper. I didn’t want to see her family go to bits so close to Christmas. I didn’t want to see her lose her favorite activity but I didn’t know how I could possibly help.
Suddenly a bright flash of light caught me right in the camera. It was Rena’s cell phone. Caught on my side with my left neck cable broken and my left rear leg refusing to respond at all I wasn’t able to do much. Wiggling using my torso joint I slowly, slowowowly wormed my way toward it, lifting my blunt nearly useless chin toward the lit buttons several inches over my head from where it hung from the right inner pocket. I was thanking the robot gods it wasn’t a touch screen phone. I swung my face at it again and again before I finally connected soundly with a button- just one button. The brush knocked the phone out of her pocket and onto my side, too far out of reach now for me to do anything. “Ryu you selfish idiot!” I screamed.
And to my amazement, I heard ringing and then a man’s voice. “Rena? Rena where are you?”
“I gave the injured leg scream as Rena’s body shifted and we slid a little further down the hill. We were nearly upside down now. I couldn’t see and had no idea exactly what was outside the world of the jacket.
“What is that awful noise?” I heard Rena’s mother ask.
“I- I don’t know. Something might be wrong. Rena might do some crazy things but she wouldn’t be playing any sort of tricks on us with that toy. Why would she take it on the trails anyway?”
“I don’t know but I think we need to go after her.”
“Gloria, let her cool down. She knows what she’s doing.”
“Jim, no. If that were true she would be talking to us right now. She must’ve fallen or something and hit the speed dial button for your number. I’m going after her.”
I heard Rena’s dad sigh. “I’ll go with you. If something is wrong with her, you won’t be able to get her into the car by yourself with your back. Rena? We’re coming, Rena!”
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:16:22 AM by Talon »

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal