Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some questions from a soon to be pleo rb owner  (Read 3129 times)

HappyFluffyRainbowUnikitt

• Leaving the nest
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Oramel- blue rb
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
Some questions from a soon to be pleo rb owner
« on: December 12, 2014, 06:27:16 PM »

I fell in love with pleos this November and am going to get one for Christmas, but I have a few questions

I noticed in many of the pictures in the gallery the pleos are wearing dog clothes or custom made pleo clothing,but not many are wearing the cape that come with the pleo.Do the capes that come with the pleo rub off paint or something would dog clothes be better?

Would it be worth getting an extra battery is the battery life really short?

And I know this sounds crazy, but is there anyway I can get dragon wings or my pleo?

Thanks in advance

Pleona

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • scotland Female
  • Pleo(s): Milo (RB), Fern (Ugobe)
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Swedish_chef
    • Snoopy
Re: Some questions from a soon to be pleo rb owner
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 06:37:38 PM »

Hey, welcome! Glad to hear about your new arrival - take lots of photos when they hatch! :)

My RB Milo is wearing his cape currently. It's nice, very silky-smooth. The rubber bands that it has to strap around the legs can be a little concerning, but I removed the top one to keep the fabric looser around his legs. I'll probably buy ribbon to replace the bands however, as that can tie the cape on and probably give a little more comfort of mind. :D However, I do like it on him!
Dog clothes are fun and often let the legs be nice and free. There's lots of options too! Just be careful with overheating the belly compartment if your Pleo wears a dog shirt. A looser one around the belly should be fine.

Getting an extra battery would be good to have extra play time, but it is not a necessity. My RB runs for a good two hours-ish before he slows down, and he had been sitting in a box for 4 years after being manufactured! Personal preference, though. :D

I think some members here can create wings! Also try etsy, some sellers may make them for small dogs.

Good luck! :D

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 12:01:27 PM »

IMR made some beautiful dragon wings, and gave us a pattern when she closed her shop - this thread might help:

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2207.25

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 04:36:14 PM »

Many of us don't like the way the elastic bands, on the cape that comes with pleo, are so tight on a pleos legs.  I am not aware of anyone who has had damage caused to the leg skin from using the cape but as pleos skin is so delicate many of us have found alternative options for protecting the paint on our pleos. 

Sorel

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Smudge, Biscuit, Gummi
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 06:02:11 PM »

My used pleo rb came with an official cape and honestly I don't really like it. The rubber straps that go around pleo's legs are very tight on my cape so I cut them off and replaced them with looser fabric elastic straps. Even so I still much prefer dog clothes with looser leg holes on my pleo. I just feel like the original straps on the cape may pull pleo skin to much but I've seen others use them without problems so think it's down to personal preference.

Personally I'd wait to see how much time you like to spend with pleo before getting any extra batteries. I find that 2hrs a day with pleo is really all I have time for so an extra battery would be wasted on me. I still plan on getting an official rb battery as soon as my wallet recovers from the holidays if only to compare and contrast it with the 3rd party battery I have now.

Ugobe pleo: Smudge, Gummi
Pleo Rb: Biscuit
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal