Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom problem with Pleo.  (Read 5634 times)

Koke

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Male
Custom problem with Pleo.
« on: December 03, 2014, 02:32:52 PM »

Hello .

My Pleo RB is in customs .

Customs has called me to tell me That They have to " test" Pleo to See That is not dangerous for people . So They are going to open the box .

Did You Have any experience like this ?

I am really sad . They are going to start my new Pleo and I am not going to see how Pleo stand up for first time .

irbyma7297

• Pleo lightbringer
  • Female
Re: Custom problem with Pleo.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 03:06:17 PM »

i do not think they will start him up! even if they do, chances are, he won't be on his feet in the short time he will be on!
Derpity derp derp derp derp

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 04:41:19 PM »

I have never had any issues with Customs needing to open any of my packages but different countries have different rules and different paperwork.  My guess is that somewhere along the line the correct paperwork was not filled in or filled in incorrectly and thus they feel they need to open your package to check that there is nothing suspicious in it.  It must be very disheartening for you knowing someone else is going to open your pleo before you.  Like Irbyma I don't think they will turn it on for long if they even do.  A pleo rb takes 2 to 3 full battery cycles (2 hours per battery cycle) before it reaches standing stage so don't be afraid of missing that.  While it is frustrating for you and may make you feel a little sad or mad do keep in mind that customs are there for a reason.  They are the centre that stops bad or dangerous things from entering our countries and their main job is to keep us safe.  So try to think of it as them just doing their job and making sure no drugs or bombs or other dangerous things are getting into your country.  Your pleo will be with you soon. :)

Koke

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Male
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 12:03:44 AM »

A pleo rb takes 2 to 3 full battery cycles (2 hours per battery cycle) before it reaches standing stage so don't be afraid of missing that.

Thank you! I watched a video in youtube and  looks like in less than one minute he was standing up.

If they turn Pleo OFF and remove the battery it will stay in that position? Layed.

Thanks.

I will inform you.

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 09:45:57 AM »

Don't worry, even if they do run the Pleo for a few minutes, you'll still have plenty of hours to enjoy it in hatchling stage. RBs will return to the original packing position when they are turned off, so that shouldn't be a concern.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 04:55:43 PM »

They will likely only turn him/her on for a moment, so all that will happen is they lie down and make cute noises. You will hardly even notice :) there will be plenty more of that once they arrive :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Koke

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • es Male
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 11:16:32 AM »

Hi!

I was out of home for business reasons but when I have arrived home it was the best surprise waiting for me.

The box of my new Pleo is Completely UNOPENED, nothing, the original box and the outside brown box are closed.

I am really really happy.

Piggy

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 08:33:53 AM »

That is a great surprice !  ;D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 04:55:31 AM »

That's great news :) I guess they did some research and found out it was a legit product :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal