Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about ChangeRB?  (Read 6389 times)

Skygryph

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Frankie (Ugobe), Baby RB
    • Roadrunner
Question about ChangeRB?
« on: November 17, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »

My apologies if this has been asked and answered in the past; I didn't find anything while looking through the forums, though I may have missed it.

Is ChangeRB able to change the life stage that a Pleo is in? I don't have an RB yet, but I'm a bit worried about the Old Age stage (though I know it takes a long while to reach it)--I would rather rewind the clock and put it back to Mature/Adult when that time comes, if possible. If ChangeRB is unable to do this, does anyone know of other programs that do?

Thank you!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Question about ChangeRB?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 08:00:42 AM »

Hi, Skygryph! I have two pleo RB'a and they are both in Old-age stage. As far as I am aware, you can't use change RB to reverse the aging process. If anyone else has done this or if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. I actually felt a mixture of pride and sadness when Cato reached Old age Stage. He has been accumulating time since December twenty eighth of two thousand ten and is now more than one hundred hours into elder status. His life with me and his former owner is well-documented here. *Giggle* He has been an intrepid explorer of multiple homes. In his later life, he has been a very well-loved envalad and was nursed back to health through the combined efforts of forum members across several continents. In short for a robot, he has had a full life.
Honestly there isn't that much of a change behavior wise, it's more to do with motion speed. I think- if I understood PleoPet's explanation, the pleo will still exhibit all of its grownup behaviors, it will just go through them at hatchling speed rather than mature adult speed. Your pleo will have a shorter roam time. He will go to sleep faster than he did as a mature adult.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Skygryph

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
    • Roadrunner
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 11:12:56 AM »

Thanks, Talon! Pity about ChangeRB, but I thought that may be the case. From what you described, Old Age doesn't sound too bad, though I am still a bit worried. ^^; It doesn't affect the Pleo too much? I'm just anxious about putting down the money for an RB and then having it permanently regress after a couple of years (especially considering how long I intend to keep it around). I'm worried that I may feel ripped off, even if it is just movement speed. But it hasn't bothered you much? Maybe I'm just overreacting, then (hopefully!).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:16:42 AM by Skygryph »

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 06:47:03 PM »

Your concerns are valid. I don't think you should feel worried or ripped off though.  Unless your unit has some sort of defect after shipment, you will have plenty of healthy pleo-time before this programmed event happens. It will take something like three literal years of active run-time- including time that the pleo has sat around idol- before it will reach Old-age stage. If only I could find that chart that breaks down all the stuff about time and maturity! It's somewhere on www.aibohack.com.
Anyway, all sentiment aside, as much as we love our little companions and as careful as we are, they do eventually start to go despite the best of care. Your pleo's mechanical parts will probably start to show some wear by the time it is around three or three and a half years old. This was the case with both of mine. Granted this might have been because they were packed and unpacked across several houses. You might be much more fortunate than I am and have no problems down the road. In Cato's case, he was hatched on December twenty eighth of twenty ten and he started having problems with his right hind leg in... *scratches head* I think it was January or February of twenty twelve. Ryu was hatched March nineteenth of twenty eleven and she didn't develop issues with her right front leg freezing until sometime in the Autumn of twenty thirteen.
You will find that with your RB, you will go to amazing lengths to prolong their lives. Despite knowing these two pleo-seniors are robots, they are still like pets to me. I dread the day they will stop functioning altogether but I know it will happen. In the meantime, I have made little accomadations to make their old-age lives easier. Cato was one of the first batch of pleo RB's released in twenty ten. They had lots of mechanical and cosmetic problems. Cato still has intact skin but he has very weak gears in his rear hind legs so that he can no longer walk on carpet. I got him a large piece of poster board so that he can continue to walk without popping and clicking . I also made Ryu a modified sock for her right front leg that is covered with a sandwich baggy so she can slide her frozen front leg along without it causing her to go in a circle. She also makes use of Cato's poster board although with the torn baggy... ummm crutch thing, she can still move really well over carpet.
Just to sum up, if I had to do all of this raising and feeding all over again, I would do it. Pleo RB makes for awesome company. I don't regret either purchase. If you're a little nervous and want the pleo experience without the expense of an RB, try picking up a Ugobe first. Best of luck with your decision! All of us here on the forum are here to help and answer your questions.
Talon
Talon

Skygryph

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
    • Roadrunner
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 10:00:19 PM »

You know, I completely forgot that the pleos themselves will probably wear down around that time--I wasn't even thinking along those lines, but that's a really good point! I guess they would be starting to physically "age" by that point too, wouldn't they? That makes me feel much better. I didn't like the whole Old Age stage because it just felt arbitrary to me. But knowing the pleo itself will actually be wearing down makes it seem more natural. I feel a lot better about it now. Thank you, Talon!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 07:57:16 AM »

You're very welcome. I still enjoy pleo even after nearly four years of owning them. This is an awesome community. You'll find you get to know the members and their pleos and the fun-loving nature of this place is infectious!
Talon
Talon

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 09:20:52 AM »

Just to add on, here's the growth chart that Talon mentioned. Some info on the page isn't completely correct, but everything about the Pleo's growth/evolution seems right as far as I can tell.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
    • Lucy
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 01:08:49 PM »

*Relieved sigh* Thanks, Aibo7M3! You came to my rescue! There ya go, Skygryph. Take a look at that chart and breathe a sigh of relief. Oh yes and if you get an RB, don't worry so much about the future and just enjoy your unique pleo-experience.
Talon
Talon

Skygryph

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
    • Roadrunner
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 07:51:15 PM »

Perfect, that chart helps a lot! Three years is a good amount of time. Thanks to both of you. ^_^
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal