Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No More Egg Batteries?  (Read 8052 times)

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Teskus the baby Ugobe
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
No More Egg Batteries?
« on: November 15, 2014, 10:53:23 PM »

hello. i have not been here a while, but i am wondering if there is anywhere at all to get an egg battery anymore, for Teskus. His first battery broke from the wrong charge, and his new 35 dollar battery from Innvo labs pretty much melted apart. can anyone help? the current one was from Surbert, and it is an original battery that can only keep a charge for half an hour.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: No More Egg Batteries?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 11:19:31 PM »

HI Torternek, sorry to hear about your battery, I wish I could help you out, but with as many pleos as I have, I need all the batteries i have and I sold off the extra ones I had. I have been trying to get the egg batteries since FEbruary, with NO LUCK, they have all but vanished.. I am still trying to get them, but so far nothing.. I am sorry to hear that the battery did not last as long as it was supposed to, that is the only bad thing about the old batteries, they just will not hold a charge.. :(         Good luck and if I get any I will let you and everyone else know as i will be back to selling them.   RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Piggy

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 04:32:36 AM »

I have bought a refurbished battery pack on EBay  from a seller in Italy and it works great. My Ugobe  Leo runs for 1 hour and a half. But you can also buy a battery  that fit's both Ugobe  and RB models. 

Sorel

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Smudge, Biscuit, Gummi
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 06:49:03 AM »

I searched absolutely everywhere for the egg battery and even tried to order one through Chinese sites and got nothing :< they are really out of stock everywhere it seems. I ended up ordering one of the green duel purpose batteries from taobao but even those are no longer available on eBay and are running out of stock on taobao. Looks like just about the only option left is to buy the green batteries with new cchargeing cradle straight from pleoworld.
Ugobe pleo: Smudge, Gummi
Pleo Rb: Biscuit

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 02:51:11 PM »

sorry for the loooong delay. i just wanted to say you can still buy the regular green batteries separate from the charger, should you need to. and yes, i still do not have a new battery...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:24:53 PM by Torterenek »

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 03:21:04 PM »

sorry for the loooong delay. i just wanted to say you can still buy the batteries separate from the charger, should you need to. and yes, i still do not have a new battery...

Where can you still buy them from?  :pray:

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Lucy & Buster
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 06:08:01 AM »

Is Teskus an RB or a ugobe? I know they sell RB batteries on accessoryjack   
http://www.accessoryjack.com/pleo-rb-accessory-spare-lithium-rechargeable-battery-663880.html

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 08:06:27 AM »

The egg battery is for the Ugobe.

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 01:10:36 PM »

Teskus is a Ugobe. it says so on my profile, as well as under my avatar...

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 05:09:36 PM »

so Torterenek where can you buy these egg batteries without chargers?  there are many people on here looking for new batteries for their Ugobe pleos and I'm sure they would appreciate if you shared where you found them available. Thanks :)

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 11:10:05 AM »

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 02:51:11 PM »
ReplyQuote
sorry for the loooong delay. i just wanted to say you can still buy the regular green batteries separate from the charger, should you need to. and yes, i still do not have a new battery...
«                  *** iT IS not THE EGG LI POLYMER BATTERIES AND EGG CHARGER,  if you look above it says "the regular GREEN batteries" separate from the charger. This is true, but there are NO egg chargers and batteries anywhere, if there were I would jump on them like hot potatoes on butter!   ;D   Wish it were egg batteries, you guys misunderstood. :(

RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Anakey

• Member of the herd
  • gb Male
  • Pleo(s): Alphie
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 03:59:16 PM »

i know that i have not made many posts on the forums and become as involved in the Pleo community as others obviously have been. I know that there is another topic already about refurbishing the battery pack, however it is old and without pictures any more. Anyway, I recently got a Ugobe in December that i managed to get with an egg battery. I was curious to the construction of said battery given that it seems to be the holy grail or Ugobe/2009 pleo owners. I don't know if it has been said anywhere but the egg battery is basically just 4 of the same lithium ion batteries that you buy for your mobile or cell phone but made to work together as a single battery. I should think that it could be possible to purchase the lithium ion batteries from ebay or other online store and then put them into the green casing of the battery and then you would have basically the same as an egg battery.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 08:17:42 PM »

Yes that is very likely possible if you have the know how :) If you do have that know how you could probably make a little side business here ;)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

roschler

• Leaving the nest
  • us
  • Pleo(s): Claire, Digger, and Pendragon
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2015, 07:48:14 AM »

The egg battery is for the Ugobe.

Did you ever post a link or source name for the Ugobe Pleo battery?  I don't seem to see it in this thread and I've got 3 Pleos just sitting on a shelf now due to dead batteries.  :(

If they're not available now, has anybody ordered some from the PleoWorld web site in the last month or so?  Every time I go to that site and think of ordering, there's something that just puts me off about the site.  It looks dead or strange somehow.  That's why I'm asking. 

Torterenek

• Fossil savant
  • us Male
    • Gilligan
    • Porky_Pig
    • Gonzo
    • Charlie_Brown
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 10:15:38 AM »

http://www.pleoworld.com/pleo_rb/eng/product.php?&c1id=8&id=17 This is the part of the site to get batteries for a Ugobe. They have invvo labs printed on the because they are destrubuting them.

JakeLBell

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): Margot
    • Gilligan
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Miss_Piggy
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 12:47:11 PM »

Roschler, I ordered a Pleo RB from the PleoWorld website in February. Everything worked out just fine, and the customer service always replied to me very quickly.
-Jake

roschler

• Leaving the nest
  • us
  • Pleo(s): Claire, Digger, and Pendragon
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 01:36:30 PM »

Roschler, I ordered a Pleo RB from the PleoWorld website in February. Everything worked out just fine, and the customer service always replied to me very quickly.

Good to know.  Thanks Jake.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal