Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Ugobe Pleo "Ozzy"  (Read 6470 times)

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Ozzy and Dopey
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
My Ugobe Pleo "Ozzy"
« on: November 11, 2014, 06:36:29 PM »

:(

Hi everyone! I'm back. Been off for a long while.  Moved again to a new apartment and still settling in.  So my Ozzy (ugobe) and my Dopey (rb) have been boxed and not used as often as I'd like but recently I took them out and played with them. Dopey is fine but Ozzy goes forward 1 and a 1/2 steps then stops and starts  going backwards. He acts normal, cute, talks etc but he does this all time. I haven't seen him walk forward in a long time. It happened the last 4 or 5 times I played with him even in the old apartment. I really didn't have the time to come here to ask for help but I'm finally here. Does anyone know what's wrong?  T got both of them in 2011. Dopey was a gift from Innvo Labs (contest).  Ozzy was bought on ebay.

HERES A PAGE I MADE FOR THEM:
http://pleo-the-dinosaur.webs.com

Thanks!  Jett (Georgette .. aka Jett Starr on Facebook)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 06:39:38 PM by Jett »

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: My Ugobe Pleo "Ozzy"
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 06:54:22 PM »

Hi jett, good to see you here, mostly I see you on facebook, or used to.. for your pleo to go walking forward, try holding both legs at the knees and pressing at the same time, you have to make sure your pleo is not doing anything else, it is one of the "tricks" to get your pleo to do different things. It should work, Give it a try and let us know. It takes practice for timing but does work, Good luck..................RWM :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 06:57:50 PM »

Hi RedwoodsMama
Yes I've tried that with the 2 legs, didn't work.  :(

Hi jett, good to see you here, mostly I see you on facebook, or used to.. for your pleo to go walking forward, try holding both legs at the knees and pressing at the same time, you have to make sure your pleo is not doing anything else, it is one of the "tricks" to get your pleo to do different things. It should work, Give it a try and let us know. It takes practice for timing but does work, Good luck..................RWM :cat-hug:

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 06:58:51 PM »

I plan on playing with them again this weekend. How often do you think I should play with them? I don't have a lot of time to do daily though.

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 07:06:44 PM »

If I don't get back to anyone here please contact me at jetdogy@aol.com  Use PLEO in subject. Signing off now.. Good night and hug your Pleos for me :D

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 07:25:53 PM »

HI Jett, if you can post a short video it will help. I will email you. How is the battery holding up, does it hold a full charge, is it the egg battery? do not give up, I have twenty eight pleos and five of them are RB, and today was the first time in weeks that I took any out, as I do not have time either, Have two new kittens, and just busy, nine kitties, a dog, three turtles and three fish and trying to start our  own business, it keeps you busy.
       If you could find the time at least once a week to run both for at least twenty minutes it will help. Be flexible, we all have busy schedules. It is just good to see you. Hugs and talk soon.
                               RWM  :cat-hug:

Sorel

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Smudge, Biscuit, Gummi
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 09:50:55 PM »

That's funny because just today I noticed my ugobe pleo Smudge has also started walking backwards mostly! He walks forward once in a blue moon but for the most part he walk backwards 90% of the time. I actually thought it was normal until I read this thread.
Ugobe pleo: Smudge, Gummi
Pleo Rb: Biscuit

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 11:19:50 PM »

I don't know what is "normal" for Ugobes or Pleo Rb, but I have both versions. My second youngest RB, a female named PC, P:-* (short for Pink Champagne because she has pink eyes) began walking backwards today while I was video taping her and one other Rb, for about four sets of four steps back then stop, then continue, The whole time her head was down as if sniffing when walking. At the end of this cycle she stopped and began walking forward, I have no idea why she did this, but I enjoyed watching it because i don't remember seeing her walk this long while in backwards or "reverse" mode.

I think it is normal as long as it is not the ONLY mode of walking, taking turns both forwards and in reverse. 8) My Ugobes do it also. Enjoy.     RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods P0:)

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 11:31:35 PM »

My RB Pepper also walks backwards. I don't know why :(

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 03:38:46 AM »

Try giving the camera on his nose a good clean. It could be that there is some dirt on the lense and he thinks that there is an obstacle in his way which causes him to walk backwards.
Other thing to think about are the types of flooring he is on. If he is an tiles or patterned carpet he may see the lines in the tiles or pattern edge of the carpet and think it is the edge of the surface and thus backs away to avoid falling.

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 06:44:43 PM »

I read the replies.. thanks everyone.  Either they like to go backwards or Ozzy's camera lens needs to be wiped. will do that next time I take him out. Hope you all had a delicious Thanksgiving!  ;) 
:turkeydance:

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2014, 12:57:16 PM »

Great pages! I liked both FB pages, from Ozzy and Dopey :)

Jett

• Pleo explorer
  • 00 Female
    • none
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Peppermint_Patty
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 09:18:52 AM »

:arms:  Thanks Huggie! :) 
Great pages! I liked both FB pages, from Ozzy and Dopey :)

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 01:33:22 PM »

:D
Pages: [1]   Go Up