Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: With egg batteries no longer available, what's the next best thing?  (Read 4610 times)

Sorel

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Smudge, Biscuit, Gummi

So I'm pretty sure my ugobe pleos battery is unsalvageable at this point. It held a charge for about 15minutes yesterday and today it is overheating constantly and even forcing it to charge for hours only results in my pleo instantly sleeping when the battery is put in him. I've read the egg batteries are the best ones out there for classic pleo but with them no longer for sale what do you buy for old pleo? There is a battery on eBay that claims it lasts 2 - 4 hours but from posts on here it seems to last about 2 on average. Is that battery the best one out there? Its just my luck to get my very first ugobe pleo Right after the egg batteries disappear XC lol

Ugobe pleo: Smudge, Gummi
Pleo Rb: Biscuit

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: With egg batteries no longer available, what's the next best thing?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 05:24:45 PM »

you have a choice of either that battery - which does only last 2 hours not 4 , I have one :) , but will also work in a pleo rb as well which could be handy if you had both types of pleo or were planning on getting a rb at some point - or you could buy another green Ugobe type battery from pleoworld.  Innvo made some of these type batteries when they released their 2009 version pleo which is effectively a Ugobe pleo with better skin and a few minor tweaks.  The Innvo 2009 pleo batteries work in Ugobe pleos but like the Ugobe batteries they will only give one hour play time. 
Hope that helps. 
None of us here are big fans of the people who sell the battery you mentioned that claims to work for 2 - 4 hours purely because their advertising is so dodgy.  The battery does work however just not for any more than 2 hours.  I think it is probably your best bet at the moment unless RWM ever manages to get more of the egg batteries.

Sorel

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Female
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 08:59:08 PM »

I'll probably go for the 2hr ebay battery when I get the cash, man I almost never got poor Smudge into a standing position! I had to hold him on his back to wake him up and try to flip the off switch as soon as he got into a neutral position. His battery would not last the 30sec needed for the button to work.

It's good that the ebay battery works for old and new pleos. I can share it with my Rb when it gets here so that will kinda softer the cost for me  :)

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:00:55 AM »

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Pleo-BATTERY-Pleo-robot-time-2700mAh-super-power-guaranteed-3-months-/221588502304?pt=Robot&hash=item3397b43720
This is where I bought my refurbished  battery,  you get a three month warrenty.   And if you have any questions  you can email  the seller.

Sorel

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Female
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 08:45:01 AM »

So I often shop on TaoBao for stuff for one of my other hobbies and I got curious and typed in 'little dinosaur robot' in chinese and was rewarded with this:

http://www.buychina.com/items/pleo-lithium-battery-pack-dinosaur-eggs-vvvvrmlqpq

and the original taobao shop
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1.w4004-938991935.5.Cyss1a&id=8822043214

This listing seems to be for the battery only without the charger
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.pQlB6z&id=4956398254&ns=1&abbucket=11#detail

Anybody tried ordering this from taobao? Maybe they have a few egg batteries left in back stock? I'm very tempted to try ordering from them just to find out.

Edited to add the link to the original Taobao shop. Buychina is a shopping service.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:18:32 AM by Sorel »

Mini Me Pleo

• Outstanding in the herd
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Luke
  • Greetings from the USA!!!
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 10:52:27 AM »

It doesn't seem to come with the cable for the charger does it come with one?
~Mini Me Pleo

Sorel

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Female
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 11:40:29 AM »

I might be wrong but I don't think any of the egg chargers came with a cable. As soon as next thursday rolls around I'm going to order one of them and see what's up. I trust Taobaofocus in handling my orders from taobao and I'd prefer the egg battery to the $89 ebay one so we'll see how it goes. I'll be sure to document my experience in a forum post  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 04:31:24 PM »

HI, I am still trying to get the egg batteries but I can't say how long it will take... :( >:( AS for the egg battery comming with it's own adapter or plug, it never does or has, You have to use the original charger cord that comes with the Ugobe pleo. They do sell replacements sometimes on Ebay, but it will cost you about $30.00! Good luck.

RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal