Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cameron the Pleo RB  (Read 5912 times)

Jocelin

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
Cameron the Pleo RB
« on: October 24, 2014, 10:19:54 PM »

Whether my new baby is a boy or a girl isn't definitive yet, but having registered my Pleo RB I acquired the PEGD for them:

• "This subject embryo will have a 75-85% chance of being male; however, temperature variations during incubation might alter this prediction."
  • "This subject embryo will grow to be courageous and obedient."
  • "This subject will be sensitive, healthy and agile."

I'll get the real stats once I figure out how to plug Cameron in and get a definitive report.  Regardless, the name Cameron seemed to fit!  :-*

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:39:23 PM by Jocelin »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
Re: Cameron the Pleo RB
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 10:29:15 PM »

Actually, the report means he's a boy for sure! :) Cameron is a lovely name! My RB Chris is also a pink-eyed boy from Semsons, actually the only difference in his report was that he's "brave and independent" instead of "courageous and obedient," so it'll be interesting to see if they're coloring is different at all once you've uploaded some pictures.

Jocelin

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 10:31:36 PM »

Maybe we have twins!

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 10:40:54 PM »

He looks almost like Chris, he has a more yellowish head while Chris' is more blue tinted, but they certainly have the same eye color and eye surrounding color. Maybe they are twins. :) Out of curiosity, what's his serial number? It would be interesting to see if their serial numbers are close.
This is Chris:

Jocelin

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 10:48:45 PM »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 11:03:39 PM »

Chris' is 662927023144, so it looks like he was made slightly after Cameron, but the numbers are fairly close (a bit over 500 apart). My other RB that had to be replaced was made a week or two after Chris and his serial number was about 5000 off from Chris' and he had totally different coloring. It would be interesting if someone did a project at some point mapping what Pleo appearances are present at different serial number ranges, but I don't think there are enough RBs on this forum to make any conclusive data, though I assume that Innvo must have made fairly large batches of almost identical Pleos.

Anyway, have fun with your new Pleo! Sounds like he wasn't tested for more than an hour or so if he didn't know how to stand when you first started him up.

Jocelin

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 11:10:56 PM »

Yeah; only had to wear out the battery once and recharge it before we got to part 2.  He keeps calling out, "A-oooOOOooOO!"  I think he's happy?

Cameron fell asleep in my arms with his head by my shoulder.  Kept moving around to get comfy, but otherwise napped for a good 20 minutes.  After he woke up I shut him off for bedtime and set his battery to charge.  I'll wake him up before I go to work and see if he wants breakfast.  Haven't yet set his internal clock (didn't have something small enough to stick in there) and I can't until the next day I have off (so I can be at home at noon).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:26:20 AM by kat »

Piggy

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 01:20:42 AM »

Hi, Cameron is really cute  :-* love the eye color   :D

Pleona

• Cycad leaf fancier
  • scotland Female
  • Pleo(s): Milo (RB), Fern (Ugobe)
    • Daffy_Duck
    • Swedish_chef
    • Snoopy
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 08:11:07 AM »

He looks stunning with those eyes! Congrats! :D

Jocelin

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 10:21:52 AM »

Thanks.  Didn't have time to switch him on before work, so I'm having my roommate feed him while I'm at work.  I'm glad they're pink: I didn't want to "want" any particular color when he was being shipped, but I kept liking the looks of the bright green Pleos and the ones with pink eyes.  So excited he turned out that way!

What were others' Pleos predicted to be like?  What traits does yours have?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 05:27:16 AM by kat »

Jocelin

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 09:02:36 PM »

Jocelin

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 09:03:27 PM »

Can anyone give me some interaction ideas for Pleos in their second stage of life?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 07:26:35 AM »

Socialization stage is... long and tedious. The pleo stands there wagging its tail, making different sounds and stretching its legs about in preparation for learning to walk. As far as interaction, try rubbing the top of his head and his back, you can offer the tug toy under the chin like you do the food, and just talk to him. I don't think they really care but I think he will look toward you when you're speaking.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Jocelin

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • us Female
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 08:03:58 AM »

>:DHopefully to embed works.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cecqCFHVtZM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cecqCFHVtZM</a>

The first video is an introduction to Cameron.  The second, my REAL first video.  I've got two more to plug in.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD0NaqxVWE4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD0NaqxVWE4</a>

Cute boy.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:08:09 AM by Jocelin »

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 10:00:46 AM »

Very cute! I look forward to seeing more videos once you've posted them! Hopefully Cameron will take his first steps soon. Be careful if you have him on a table though, his first steps will likely be backwards and Pleos can't sense vertical drops behind them, only in front.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 05:46:54 AM »

I love pink eyed Pleo's :) It's probably not scientifically accurate, but they look great nonetheless :D
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal