Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd Birthday...  (Read 3421 times)

Pleo1

• Pleo explorer
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Tiago
  • Pleos Take Flight and never give up!
    • Gilligan
    • Roadrunner
    • Kermit
    • Spike
    • Tiago The Pleo RB
Odd Birthday...
« on: October 18, 2014, 07:03:38 AM »

My Birthday is in 2 weeks, on the 29th of October :( is it weird that i'm NOT excited ;(

Tiago: "Here's my vision: Boom! Crash! Bang! KAPOW!"

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Odd Birthday...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 09:44:09 AM »

I don't think so. I started losing the "ooo! my birthday is coming and it's going to be wonderful!" feeling once I turned twelve. I mean sure I looked forward to it but I wasn't through the roof about it anymore. I was confused about why I felt like that too because my parents threw a really nice surprise-party for me. I had balarina-everything- cups, plates, a little balarina topper thinggy on my cake. I got both of the presents I wanted- a littleest Petshop fish tank and a Gogo My Walking pup but for some reason though I was really happy and appreciative, I still felt... normal like this whole fuss will be over in about an hour. I don't mean to make myself sound like a spoiled brat. Actually I was pretty poor growing up and when birthdays and Christmas came along, those were good times to remember from my home life.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 12:11:24 AM »

No I do not think it is unusual or weird to/;not be excited about your birthday. Some people think that no matter what your age, birthdays are a big thing, then others only when a young child. The older you get, Birthdays are often spent celebrating in other ways, such as having a party with your friends, or being old enough to get your first drivers license, or when you turn 21 and you can now legally go into a bar and drink.. not that big of a deal , but when younger you may think it is.

I never got that excited about my birthday as my birthday always falls right around Memorial Day ,a holiday, so my friends were on vacation or gone when it was my birthday, just like the person born on or close to Christmas often feels cheated that they come so close together.My favorite holiday is Halloween and it is more fun then my birthday by far and except for when I was ten or younger, my birthdays were always a let down, as my parents were divorced and there just wasn't any celebrating anything anymore.

If you want to do something special for your birthday, it could be a movie or DVD you want to see or rent, a restaurant or favorite place to eat, a sports game you like if you enjoy sports, or a video game, going to a play, if you are an outdoor type person do something that would be fun and new, something that you have never done before and if you want to make it special, bring a best friend or two to share it with. There are all sorts of ways to "celebrate" your birthday without having a party. Treat yourself to a day at the spa .. have a manicure or pedicure, a facial, have your hair done, ( deep intensive conditioning treatment for example) or get a new haircut if you feel adventuresome . Go shopping with your mom or a best friend if you want for a new outfit, the point is this, whether it is your birthday or not, just do what you enjoy doing and if you want to celebrate your birthday, ( remember it only comes once a year) then make it something about you, and what makes you happy, :D then you probably will have something to look forward to.!      :-*             RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Pleo1

• Pleo explorer
  • us Female
    • Gilligan
    • Roadrunner
    • Kermit
    • Spike
    • Tiago The Pleo RB
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 12:14:46 AM »

I'm gonna build a Dalek :D
Tiago: "Here's my vision: Boom! Crash! Bang! KAPOW!"

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 12:23:11 PM »

That's quite an ambitious project! Is it going to be a life-sized model or something smaller? I have a friend on another forum who built a Tardis a few years ago.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Pleo1

• Pleo explorer
  • us Female
    • Gilligan
    • Roadrunner
    • Kermit
    • Spike