Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help !! My Pleo didn't start !!!  (Read 4401 times)

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Makana, Kalani, Kono, Maui, Kahuna, Iniki
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
Help !! My Pleo didn't start !!!
« on: September 25, 2014, 11:03:49 AM »

Dear members and Pleo fans,
 I am from Germany and  since May this year I collect Pleos. They are so lovely and my husband and I are amazed about them. Now we have a serious problem with our little " Makana ". He will not start. The green LED comes on when we push the start button, but nothing happens. We tried to update him as adviced by pleoworld and we got the message "Update completed" . During the update Makana opened his eyes and there was a very little movement with his rear legs - but thats it. Nothing happend after this procedure. After reading a lot around  i'am quite convinced that he has a Software-issue and not a mechanical problem. Is there a possibility to get the Firmware V 1.0 male ? Maybe this would help him.  For any other help "Makana" and I would be very thankful !
Tina

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Help !! My Pleo didn't start !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 05:05:33 PM »

You can download the software update here on the forums in the downloads section.  Have you removed the micro sd card that had the update on it and tried turning him on again?  Does he make any sounds at all when you turn him on?  Is there any beeping?  have you tried pressing the reset button?  Have you tried replacing his foot clock battery with a new one?  Is he still under warranty?

honi

• Sugar cane harvester
  • de Female
  • Pleo(s): Makana, Kalani, Kono, Maui, Kahuna, Iniki
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 01:05:14 AM »

Hi kat,
I just looked up in the download section. there is update V1.0. i got Version V1.1. from  pleoworld (which didnīt solve the problem). Maybe it is interesting that the update should have needed 2 minutes, but it has been much, much faster. I removed the sd-card before I tried to start him the next time.  He didn't make any sounds, only the green led comes on. I am also not able to shut him off with the start knob. The only chance is to remove the battery. I have checked the footbattery - it is okay. I resetted noon and made a main reset. Warranty is not valid anymore.
in case i will try to install the rb-reset software - what will be the risk? do i have toinstall the updates step by step female or male afterwards?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:36:15 AM by honi »

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 07:24:19 AM »

I have the same problem. Did you get him fixed?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal