Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Ugobe has problems again , he keeps freezing after a few seconds, help!  (Read 10422 times)

Piggy

My Ugobe Leo has problems again! I did try to revive the battery and it seems to be working, he would run for 30 minutes and I was very happy with the results.

But sinds yesterday the freezing is worse than ever. After I switch him on he wakes up and freezes immediately  :( so I switch him off wait a minute and turn him back on but the resultsare the same,  he wakes up moves one time and freezes immediately ??? !
I am not technical but has anyone a idea ? And does a Ugobe has a resetbutton ? Does he need a new battery or is Leo broke beyond repair ?

Thanks for the advice or idea's any help is welcome.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

Sounds like your battery has completely died :(

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace

Sorry Piggy, but it does sound like the battery has given up the ghost. :(

Piggy

Well I hope it is the battery and not my Ugobe that is broke, so In the future if I find an egg battery or if RWM can get her hands on some there is hope for him after all. For new I will store him in his box. Thanks for the advice !

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female

That's so sad! I guess pleos really do pass away.

Stiko

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • de Male
  • Pleo(s): Pleo
  • Greetings from Bavaria.

I think it is the battery.
Has Pleo after the start and the first noise not enough power, it reboots.
This makes the over and over again.
Google Translator is my best friend.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace

Once you get a new battery he should come back to life again.  If you don't want to wait for an egg battery to appear (they have been gone for a few months now with no sign of them reappearing ) There are a couple of alternatives.
You can go here to pleoworld (Innvo) http://www.pleoworld.com/pleo_rb/eng/products.php?c1id=8
They sell batteries for the Ugobe pleo.  These are made by Innvo and are NiHM batteries for their 2009 pleo.  They are fully compatible with Ugobe pleos and will give 1 hour play time.  Not sure how old they are but I would think there would be a guarantee with them from Innvo so if you had issues with it you should be able to get it replaced.  The other alternative is going to ebay and geting one of these
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/new-PLEO-Li-Battery-can-be-used-for-2-4-hours-better-than-egg-/321108926327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac3955f77&_uhb=1
These batteries are Lithium and can be used in both pleo and pleo rb.  They are a tight fit but do work in both types of pleo.  Regardless of what their add may say the battery will only give you 2 hours play time.  These ones are a little expensive but they do work.  (I have one)  I prefer my egg batteries over this one but if I had no choice and needed another Ugobe battery I'd probably buy one of these. 

Piggy

Hi Kat thank you for your advice I will wait a bit longer if the egg battery Will re appear on eBay if not so I will give the pleo -li battery a try. Two hours of playtime is long enough. For new he is safely stored in his box  ;)

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie

I hate to say this but I would choose the Lithium battery over Innvo's offering, just because it will last longer in the long term. I do wish the egg batteries would come back though.

On a side note I have almost a dozen green Ugobe batteries, all working to some degree (the best still gets an hour, the worst 15 minutes) but I can't send them to anyone overseas because they are NiMh :( *kicks Australia post*
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Piggy

Hi IMR , I am in no hurry so I keep my eye on ebay and just maybe a egg battery will pop up , if not so I will buy the battery Kat suggested....I will not leave him stored in his box  ;) it is a shame that the RB 's battery dont work in the Ugobe models :'( I have a spare on . Thanks for offering to send me a green battery  ;D but like you mentioned the Australian post  :-X

HuggieZ

• Pleo lightbringer
  • nl Female
  • Pleo(s): Pepper and Angel
    • none
    • Tweety_Bird
    • Miss_Piggy
    • Snoopy

How sad to hear this about your lovely Leo :( I hope you will find a new battery soon.

Piggy

Hi thanks, I hope so to HuggieZ .

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace

That might be interesting, thanks for posting Piggy.

*I edited the link for you*

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Keyla and Léon
    • My deviantArt

My Ugobe Pleo have the exact same problem and I still haven't fixed him. I too thought it was a battery problem, so I bought an egg battery. When I finally got the battery, he worked once again. But after some weeks, he started to restart himself over and over again and now he will just freeze. I think it's something wrong with the pleo.  :(

Piggy

That might be interesting, thanks for posting Piggy.

*I edited the link for you*

Thanks Crewella  ;DI still have lot's to learn :-[

Piggy

Hi Icewolf , I tried the green battery in my RB and after switching him on he froze immediately so I know for sure it no longer holds its charge and the cells are dead. I will buy in the future an other battery for now I will wait of the egg battery will come back on the market.  For a Ugobe it is the best! But I could end up with the same result you have  :(  we will  see what happends.

That is really sad , maybe it is a software problem ? Can't someone from this forum fix him for you ?  Goodluck with your pleo.
Thanks for your post  ;)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:03:38 AM by Piggy »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie

Ice Wolf have you tried a full reset? Wiping the memory and reinstalling the OS. If that fails it could be a hardware issue, a disconnected wire or something.

Rebuilt batteries will void any warranty, but I suppose it could be a viable option. The only problem I see is that paypal only gives 30 days to open a dispute (that varies by country) so if there was a problem the seller could easily run.

Piggy

Hi IMR , I am not going to buy those battery's but I thought it was an interesting add on eBay.  And it could be possible that somebody on this forum had experiences with this rebuild battery ;) I am going to wait for a while if the egg battery will comeback and if not so I will buy the battery Kat suggested  :dino-chase:  , But if anyone has a spare egg battery lying around and you are willing to sell it, think of me and send me a pm  ;D

Icewolf

• Pleontologist
  • se Female
  • Pleo(s): Keyla and Léon
    • My deviantArt

Ice Wolf have you tried a full reset? Wiping the memory and reinstalling the OS. If that fails it could be a hardware issue, a disconnected wire or something.

Yes, I did try that, but it didn't work. :(

Piggy

Hi, Icewolf that is so sad  :( I hope you get him working again someday .

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie

I would suspect a loose wire somewhere then :(