Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo RB problems  (Read 6487 times)

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Lucy & Buster
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
Pleo RB problems
« on: August 18, 2014, 03:24:14 PM »

My RB has developed this habit of randomly muting himself, usually after eating. He's also got a clicking sound that comes from his fright left leg that sometimes prevents him from walking forward. He's fine with walking backwards though. Also, is there any way to get an RB to sit down like a Ugobe does?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Pleo RB problems
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 03:41:43 PM »

There could be something stuck in the gear, try manually clicking the leg back and forth a couple of times. Clicky legs means the gear protection is working for whatever reason.

The randomly muting suggests a wiring issue, perhaps the speaker wire is loose.

And yes RB's can sit, but only with a learning stone :( It's one thing I really miss! It made carting Pleo's around in public so much easier :)
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Stiko

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • de Male
  • Pleo(s): Pleo
  • Greetings from Bavaria.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 02:04:34 AM »

Use it a cape?
The upper rubber on the legs are too tight.
This often causes cracking.
You can remove the upper gums.
The Cloak no longer sits as strong.
Often it helps to crack.
Google Translator is my best friend.

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 07:18:08 AM »

I tried putting on some socks when running him on hard-wood floors, but it doesn't seem to help. In the couple of months I've had him, he hasn't been able to walk forward at all even when he tries. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 07:51:29 AM »

Is the troublesome leg still clicking? Is he fully mature? If straightening the clicky leg manually and or pressing the reset button doesn't work, you may have to consider a replacement. My RB's mute themselves after eating too if you don't remove the food items from their mouths when they lower their heads and start wagging them from side to side. They're trying to drop it themselves but sometimes they don't quite manage to spit it out.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 12:43:47 PM »

Yes, it is still clicking, however I bought this Pleo RB on ebay for relatively cheap, so I can't replace it if it's broken. I was just seeing if there was an easy way to fix it, if not I'll just have to leave him be.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 08:24:19 PM »

You could try surgery.  There are no guarantees that you would be able to fix him but if you were to loosen the skin from around the foot of that leg and roll it up you might find a loose wire attached to the knee joint movement sensor (or not attached :P  ) Which you could then resolder back into place and this may resolve your issue.  If it is not a loose wire causing the issue then it could be dirt in the cogs of the knee joint or a broken cog in the knee joint or movement sensor tab may be broken or the part of the leg the movement sensor tab connects to may be broken.  There is nowhere to get spare parts for pleos so if it is a broken part that needs replacing then you wont be able to fix him.  You could be lucky and it might be a loose wire but I suspect it will turn out to be something more sinister. :( 
Your other option would be to contact Innvo as they do offer repairs.  You can pay them to repair him for you but you will also need to pay the shipping cost to and from the repairs as well as the cost of the repair it'self and this may end up being more expensive than buying a new pleo - depending on where you live. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal