Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What to buy?  (Read 7252 times)

Vinosh

• Coffee leaf addict
  • my Male
  • Pleo(s): CLEO
What to buy?
« on: August 17, 2014, 07:51:12 AM »

I am intending to buy a new Pleo. I already have 1 Pleo rb and I want to get another. I see currently on Pleo world they are having a limited addition Pleo 2009 version on sale and I am tempted to buy that one. What do you'll think should I go for, another Pleo rb or an 2009 Pleo?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
Re: What to buy?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 08:51:31 AM »

It really depends on what you want - if you want your Pleos to interact the you'd need to get another Pleo RB, but if you want to compare the two versions and you've never had an original Pleo, then I would go for the 2009 Pleo.  The original Pleos are quite different and do have their charms!  And they're cheaper! :D

Vinosh

• Coffee leaf addict
  • my Male
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 09:15:36 AM »

Thank you Crewella. Do you know the difference between ugobe and invvo labs Pleo's?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 09:45:04 AM »

In general, the Ugobe Pleos are more autonomous and happy to wander about on their own - if you want company they're ideal.  The Pleo RB is more interactive - this thread might help:

http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=2724.0

Vinosh

• Coffee leaf addict
  • my Male
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 09:54:22 AM »

Thank you crewella. But I see on the official ugobe site they have Pleo rb's as well. So know how about between to Pleo rb? Sorry if I am of a bother!

Vinosh

• Coffee leaf addict
  • my Male
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 11:34:35 AM »

Which one has a faster processes Pleo rb ugobe or Pleo rb invvo labs?

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 11:38:41 AM »

I'm so sorry, I think I misunderstood the question.  As far as I know, there is very little difference between the Ugobe Pleo and the Innvo Labs 2009 Pleo - there have been some improvements to the skin and some of the internal structures, but nothing that you'd notice when running them.

What I posted above is the difference between Ugobe Pleos (and Innvo Labs 2009 Pleos) and Pleo RB's.  Sorry! :-[

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 01:57:48 PM »

Get the Yugobe... just cause I would and don't have one and want one hahaha! By the way are Yugobes smaller?

Piggy

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 02:46:08 PM »

No the Ugobe is the same size as a pleo rb

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 04:10:30 PM »

I agree with what has been said above, esp what Crewella said, As far as personalty and charm, I think it is hard to beat a Ugobe or a 2009 Pleo, which is the improved version of the orginal Ugobe but with stronger cable wires in the neck and skin that is supposed to be better to having skin problems, such as peeling, cracking or paint problems.

I think untill you have had the original Ugobe or the updated 2009 Pleo, you do not fully appreciate the differences between Pleo and Pleo rb. To me Pleo wins hands down for simple charm.. and I LOVE them. Pleo will explore on his own and if you want to see the differences in Pleo and Pleo rb as far as walking, get a Pleo, they are great at walking and exploring, Also another charming function and difference between Pleo and pleo rb, is that Pleo, the original or in this case, the 2009 Pleo version, will sing on it's own without any learning stone ( like the one needed by Pleo Rb) or simply by rubbing under Pleos chin. They also have very nice singing tones, with not one, but three different sounds, with one reminding me of a cricket.
              Pleo can also still learn "tricks" but without having to go out and by Learning stones. Pleos are just so much fun. If I had the choice of buying a Pleo RB or a Ugobe or 2009 Pleo and had none to start with, I would start with the 2009 Pleo, There is so much you can learn just by owning the 2009 Pleo, and you won't have to worry about setting a time clock in their foot, having them wake up and fall off a shelf, and they won't get sick if you  don't feed them and they also will not be affected by too much heat or cold, They still can get sick, like a cold and it is nice to see them be nursed back to health, and one more caution, they still need to be kept out of extreme fluctuations in either heat or cold, simply to protect their skin esp from cracking or drying out.  Best of luck, and let us know when you decide which Pleo to go for. You cant go wrong either way, but if I had never owned a 2009 Ugobe, I would go for it, Of course if you buy one and then decide you would rather have another Pleo Rb, you can always sell the 2009 Pleo here on the forums..                              RWM and the Pleo township of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 04:11:33 PM »

Ok... that's it... I think the Pleo bug has finally hit!

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 05:01:13 PM »

Thank you crewella. But I see on the official ugobe site they have Pleo rb's as well. So know how about between to Pleo rb? Sorry if I am of a bother!

Are you looking at the Ugobe china site?  They do claim to sell pleo rb's as well as origianl pleos but their pleo rb's are nothing like the Innvo ones.  They are a very expensive site for anything pleo.  They have used the description of pleo rb from the Innvo website to advertise their pleo rb and the picture on the box is of an Innvo pleo rb, but what you actually get is an original Ugobe pleo looking dinosaur and as yet no one here has reported buying one so we don't know what improvements if any have been made to these pleos.  There has been some correspondence between members here and that site asking about their pleo rb and the end result was that their pleo rb did not need food leaves or learning stones which their add says it does.  I would not recommend buying from them for anything as their advertising is dodgy and you may well not get what you think you are buying.
The only official seller of pleo rb is Innvo.  You can check with Innvo to see if they have a local distributor in your country which would make the shipping cheaper.   As for getting a Ugobe pleo your best bet for those is ebay and getting a second hand one.  Or if you want new then go for the Innvo 2009 model. 
Hope that helps.

Vinosh

• Coffee leaf addict
  • my Male
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 06:20:24 PM »

Thank you all for your opinions and comments, I really appreciate it. Now let me just sum it up. The original Pleo 2009 is more loving, happy and easier to use on the whole run. The Pleo rb on the other hand is more emotional and behaves like and actual animal. The Pleo rb has a faster processor so it will be able to react to touch and the environment much quicker compared to a Pleo 2009. Pleo rb has a real time clock and a variety of food while a Pleo 2009 does not either. If my Pleo 2009 has a problem in 2~3 years I am sure there will be no original parts for replacement. If I get a Pleo rb I will be able to see some interaction but not with a original Pleo. I am torn my emotions are with the Pleo 2009 but my brain is going for Pleo rb. I will have to think over for this one.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 03:36:57 PM »

That pretty much sums it up, but Pleo and Pleo RB share a lot of parts so repairs are possible. Innvo offer repairs so long as you don't mind the shipping costs.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Vinosh

• Coffee leaf addict
  • my Male
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 12:58:46 AM »

I have decided to go for another Pleo rb. But then I just saw on the ugobe websit that Kat told me not to visit that the latest Pleo is out. It is called Pleo si and they say the si stands for super intelligent. I think it's ugobe come back after their major bankruptcy. So now I am again in another problem. But pls take not Pleo si is $1000, so I probably will not get it as it is to expensive. But then again. What to do?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 05:14:59 AM »

The Pleo Si appears to be a fake, please don't risk a purchase until we know more.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 05:11:05 PM »

We have a thread on pleo si here you can look at if you like. But as IMR says so far it looks like it is a fake.  So not worth the risk at that price. 
http://bobthepleo.com/forums/index.php?topic=4371.msg60717;topicseen#new

Vinosh

• Coffee leaf addict
  • my Male
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 08:09:25 PM »

Oh dear thank you for letting me know about this. I am more aware now.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 04:58:18 AM »

We are hoping very much that its not a fake, but the website owner does not fill us with confidence :( Too little information that is too hard to get!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal