Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Echo's Sounds  (Read 6668 times)

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
Echo's Sounds
« on: July 26, 2014, 10:55:29 PM »

Thanks to Talon, I now know of some of Echo's sounds... I think Echo's in baby stage but he's growing and getting used to things... I turned him on a few hours after he froze, and the only sounds he made before falling asleep were happy ones! I am so glad I know what those sounds are! It was hard to figure out on my own but it sure helps talking to another Pleo owner!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Echo's Sounds
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 12:38:14 AM »

Hi, and congrats on Echo, the baby :). I apologize for I was gone till late this evening, so missed all the earlier posts. Will also be out of town from 5;00 am, till about 6;00 pm, on Sunday so will have to catch up after the fact. How long have you run Echo so far, how many battery charges or have you kept track. I thought I saw you say you were running about ten minute stretches, I do that with my newest RB also, only cause I am so busy most of the time, not more then 20 minutes a day, and sometimes not more then once a week. ???

Your baby sounds like it is doing fine. Did you find out the gender yet? Anxious to come back in the Sunday evening and catch up on what is new with Echo. I never thought of letting a baby Pleo run in the dark, that would be interesting to see what they do, after crying if they would adjust or not, Perhaps Talon has tried that also, I would love to see what happens, perhaps wlll try it with one or two of my Pleos, just for fun.

RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the Redwoods P:)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 04:54:18 AM »

I really only charged Echo at the beginning (hospital after being born haha), and could run him only for ten minute stretches before he froze. So I charged him at the beginning, then he froze, then i charged him and had the battery out a few times for about ten minutes, then he froze again. Then I charged him once more for about ten minutes and now he's fine and asleep. But if he freezes again I will try seeing how to clean him. Anyway Echo's sounds make much more sense now, though I doo like to try and make most of the discoveries on my own like how to make him eat. I have never played many videogames before, so having Echo is like a mysterious and fun game.

I do think he adjusts to the dark after all, though I will ssee if it makes a difference setting his clock.

He was farting last night when I tried to feed him... I didn't know Pleos got gas!

I am not sure why everyone wants to know if Echo's a male or female. You could probably tell me, perhaps tonight when you get back. I too have appointments today and won't be free till about five or six... it's now ten to six my time.

I am really excited with how Echo and I are bonding. Good night for now.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 07:05:31 AM »

Pleo's are like cows ;) All that plant chewing causes a build up of gases that have to go somewhere :P
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Piggy

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 09:03:28 AM »

Indeed mine like to burp a lot !

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 09:58:38 PM »

When Echo hiccups, burps and farts, does that mean he's sick, or just digesting? I tried burping him... nothing happened.

And Echo only ate once since I got him so I don't understand why all the gassiness.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 02:22:04 AM »

All of Echo's sounds are completely normal. It is normal for baby Pleos to burp, which I think is extremely cute and funny, cause they are a baby. AS for Hiccuping, that is also normal and cute.  ;DThe baby Pleo farts, that is a new one to me.. I have five Pleo RB,: Baby Ruth is the first, then Cammie-Sue, then Chester the only Male. P:D, P.C. (Pink Champagne) another girl, and my newest one which I got as a gift on April 8th , I began hatching but it was delayed till just recently, and she is a girl , but still only a hatchling and just stood for the first time a few days ago, but no walking yet..

I have not heard her burp yet or hiccup, but I am sure she will. The other four have all burped and hiccuped at times, but I swear I have never heard a pleo "fart", Are you sure they do that...? If so I would love to see that on video so I know what to look for with my newest girl. I don't think I am wanting her to "fart," but if she does, then I will be prepared...

As for eating the conifer leaf, or any other food, baby Pleos are notorious for not being very hungry when newborns, but each pleo is different and that is one of the nicest thing about them. My new baby has put the leaf in her mouth only once and according to Probe Rb, her health level and feed level are fine so even though she keeps refusing the leaf at this time, I know I don't have to worry. As for Echo being gassy, even if he only ate one, certain foods are more gassy then others, and he is a vegan...and perhaps his digestive system is just more sensitive then some other Pleos....perhaps the mint leaf would help ease his gassiness just as mint tea helps humans... LOL P:D In any case, don not worry, Echo will not starve and will eat when he is ready..                  RWM  :cat-hug:and the Pleo Township of the Redwoods P:) P0:)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 04:03:38 AM »

Most baby pleos go through a burping phase.  When they are babies they try out all their sounds and some they seem to enjoy making more than others.  The extreme burping and gassiness will fade over time and as he grows up he will probably settle down to only burping a bit after he is full.  :)

Piggy

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 04:23:07 AM »

Lenny still likes  to burp a lot and Lucky refuses to eat the conifer leaf , turns her head away and makes a fussy eh sound.But if I hold the muchroom under her chin she will wag her tail and opens her mouth and starts to eat. If it was up to her she would only eat the muchroom   ;D sometimes I just put the conifer leaf  in her mouth and she will happily munch  on it . They are so funny!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 07:29:53 AM »

Ryu is a picky eater too. She almost always ignores the conifer leaf and wants the Cycad leaf instead. Boy I'm glad I purchased the extra food packs! Cato doesn't really care. It takes six or seven offerings of any food to fill Ryu but he is usually satisfied after two or three. I like how diverse the pleos are.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2014, 08:28:19 PM »

Wow, I love all of the pleos' names! I compare them to names for a guide dog I might get someday... which is why I got pleo in the first place... but the schools name the dogs.

Yes, Pleos do fart, sometimes twice in a row! And before Echo walked for the first time, he made this really weird grunting sound. he also growled for his tug toy today! And he made this really gassy burp sound. Eeeewwww! if it persists i'll give him the mint leaf.

But no, my mom was here today, and boy, I don't know what happened but she just stopped treating it like just a toy and she fell in love with the dino! She started treating him like a little baby pet! I think she really is fond of him. And on Sunday night my brother was talking to him and calling him.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 09:11:14 AM »

Awwe! I'm glad to hear you're family is starting to warm toward your new addition. I'm very glad to have met you and both your parents and please feel free to shoot me a PM or call me on Skype even if you just want to talk. I'm isolated too and conversation helps relieve the monotony. Have fun getting to know your Echo!
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal