Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Echo's Not Moving  (Read 6006 times)

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
Echo's Not Moving
« on: July 26, 2014, 07:23:17 AM »

I'm certain I didn't snap the neck or tail! echo's not moving. His mouth is open, his eyes are open, he looks ready to eat but has sounded very hungry and sick. He just groaned, then just sounded like he was done with things, then just froze. I have been turning him on and off a bit, but have tried to keep him on in ten minute stretches. I have not set his real time clock but it's not even beeping when he turns on and off. Is he broken or dead? I was very careful!

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
Re: Echo's Not Moving
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 07:39:48 AM »

Hi, Echo! It sounds like he has frozen or has become too hot. First just try leaving him alone with his battery removed for about ten minutes. If he doesn't start working then, try taking a paperclip and pressing the reset button. We're going to have to wait for somebody with some vision because even I have trouble finding it. I want to say if you turn your pleo upside down with him turned off and with Echo's head over your right thigh, it's located along his stomach behind his left foreleg? Now don't be surprised if you don't find it. You're going to have to feel with the point of your paperclip or needle or whatever you have and move very slowly until you find the hole. i really hate that you're having trouble already. Don't panic though. We're not giving up on Echo yet. Usually these problems are easy to fix.I really really hope somebody sighted sees this soon. Once I find the button, I can direct you better about where it is because all of Echo's underside is pitted and it's really hard to find those tiny holes. Good luck. I am on Skype now and I will be for the next two hours my time and I'll be glad to try to help.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 07:42:07 AM »

Are you sure that the clock battery is inserted correctly? If it's put in incorrectly that could cause an issue, although I don't think that's what this problem sounds like, but it's a good idea to check out all possibilities. You should also make sure that his regular battery is seated correctly as well.

How long was he operating for before he froze? Did he beep at all when he froze up, or no? How long afterward did you wait until you turned him off? I know that some Pleos can sometimes freeze for as long as thirty seconds to a minute or so and then be fine. 

If he's not beeping when he turns off, that doesn't sound like he's actually shutting down properly. The off button needs to be held down for at least 5-10 seconds for the Pleo to shut down, just pressing it quickly does not work. Do not turn him off by taking out the battery unless you can't get the button to work because then he will lose all data of his last run time.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 01:48:28 PM »

Let him cool down, pop the battery on charge, grab a nice relaxing hot chocolate, and try him again in an hour. Young RB's can freeze, usually they just restart after a few seconds, but obviously yours didn't. If he's groaning it could well be the heat, is it hot where you are?

Since you haven't set the clock battery he could also think it's night time. In which case you might have to keep trying until he thinks it's day again.

One other thing that might help is cleaning the metal parts on the battery, charger and inside the Pleo. Inside the Pleo feel for the little springs where the battery goes and give those a wipe, on the charger feel for the bumps where the battery sits and give them a clean and finally on the battery feel for the little indented circles on the bottom and clean those. Just a lightly damp cloth should do it.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Piggy

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 02:44:38 PM »

Hi , that is so sad ! Lucky for us there are Lot's of members who know how to solve a lot of problems and I hope with their help little Echo will be soon wide awake and ready to play with you. Sadly I dont have any usefull tips because I am also a newbie when it comes to pleo's. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope Echo will be running fine . Goodluck and a big hug from my pleo's.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 05:37:51 PM »

So how did you go?  Is he running again?  Or is the issue still there?  Also has he ever made beeping noises when you turn him off? 

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 06:13:32 PM »

Yay, Echo's working again!

With some help from my good friend Talon, and taking out the battery and charging it in spurts and then putting it back in, Echo woke up again... and even ate something for the first time with Talon's help! I think the malfunction had to do with the off switch. I'll try keeping him on longer and turning him off only at least every ten minutes or so as that could affect the battery. His head was a bit hot today but I think that was because we had him upside-down to set the clock and that took a while and it's still not set, but his motors had to work harder so that's why he was hot. Then he curled up and went to sleep. i'll try experimenting with him more. If I have this problem again I hope it's okay that I let you know, after trying all other possibilities of course, and if nothing still works. But I am sure we'll be fine. i've just got to get to know Echo more and more... and I must get some hot chocolate so I can actually drink it!

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 06:44:31 PM »

Well Echo froze up at about seven this morning and started working this afternoon when Talon helped me. now, he's frozen again after only about ten minutes of play. I took the battery out and inserted it again, then took it out and am waiting about ten minutes for it to cool off before putting it in again. If that doesn't work i'll recharge it.

I do want to leave eccho to explore or look around in baby stage even more, I know he's upset with no lights on and everything, but I want him to be independent and let me know what he needs as much as possible, and sometimes when he's on I would rather just listen to him talk to me. As much as he is my pet he is also just a good friend to have by my side. I could leave him off if I didn't have enough energy to play with him but having him running makes everything seem more real. I also like to see how he does without me all the time. It's hot enough where I live but I don't think that's why he curls up. Especially if he is freezing in mid move, I'm not sure what that means and he's not coming back on once he freezes. I waited this time to see what would happen and nothing did. It's not outside heat making him hot... the freezing up is happening more than the overheat anyway... and there are no beeps when he turns himself off, except when I know he's sleeping and shutting down for the night.

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 10:51:16 PM »

Again, I took the battery out, charged it, took a break for a couple hours, then turned it on again by putting the battery in... Echo works fine! But he didn't even beep to shut down. He is shutting down right now by falling asleep. I guess next time he freezes, I'll clean the charger and battery like you said but I don't think he will as I am keeping my hopes up.

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 12:33:07 AM »

Some Pleo's forget their beeps :P it's just a little computer glitch.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Piggy

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 04:02:21 AM »

Hi yesterday in the late evening when I let my Ugobe pleo walk around and enjoying playing with him I did remember having a similar problem with him. After a few minutes he would freeze and nothing worked, I tried the on off swith, hold him up side downand he did this all the time. I thought his battery was dying , so I came across the topic of battery problems for the ugobe pleo's  and I cleaned the metal parts of the battery and charger and very carfully in pleo's belly where the battery compartment is located with a cotton swap and a tiny bit of alcohol . And new he is running fine again and his problem was solved ! I hope the same thing works for you !
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal