Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shopping for Baby Socks and a Dog Bed Tomorrow  (Read 2448 times)

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
Shopping for Baby Socks and a Dog Bed Tomorrow
« on: July 19, 2014, 08:57:30 PM »

Hi,

I secured a friend of mine to come shopping with me tomorrow! Besides seeing if we can donate some items at a local store,, I want to take the leap and buy the newborn infant socks and the dog bed. I really have nothing else to do tomorrow so may as well get ready for my Pleo's arival. After all, the first is always the best and there is a first time for everything.
But Pleo's not here yet so I can't measure him, and I've never tried a bed out at a store or heard of a baby doing anything like that. how big should the dog bed be? I can't do measurements very well but I think the one I saw was about sixteen inches around. Is Pleo smaller when curled up?

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
Re: Shopping for Baby Socks and a Dog Bed Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 10:01:00 PM »

You must not ever, ever, ever let your Pleo sleep curled up for more than a night here and there. It will cause permanent damage :( The best beds are ones where Pleo can keep his neck and tail straight and preferably supported.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:11:07 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 12:07:48 AM »

Echo, hi, IMR is right leaving Pleo curled up to sleep, accept for a very short time is going to cause lots of problems for a few minutes or while hatching is fine, but always turn off so they are in the packing position straight up with all legs on the ground, I just measured my Pleo rb, PC, for you so you should take a measuring tape with you as dog or cat beds can be deceptive, thinking they are bigger then they are. It is not the width you need to be careful of, but the length.

Pleo when in the packing position, standing is 20 inches in length. The width is about 5 1/2 inches so you would want probably at least 8-9 inches for comfort. Pleo in the box they come in is 24 inches, that I remembered. I always keep the box not just that they come in, but also the box they are shipped in as it is sometimes very hard to find a box that will fit Pleo rB box in and for moving, storing or lots of other reasons, it is nice to have one the right size. I use regular cat beds and Pleo Rb fits in nicely in them, As long as the pleo can have it's neck and head not obstructed by a ending that will keep Pleo enclosed, or one that will not allow movement of it's tail, esp when Pleo is wagging it's tail, then you should have no problem, Here are two dimensions of common cat/ dog beds that are easy to find that I have that work well and are NOT expensive.

My favorite cat bed is 23 inches in length and has a nice low open front where a pleo can hand it's head and neck out, though large enough already that it can be all the way in and certainly snuggle up curled up for hatching. The width on this one is also 19 inches in width, I found this one at my local animal shelter thrift store and is a more expensive version if bought new but was new and cost only $12.00 and has a reversible inside pillow, that can be machine washed. I love this one and use it for pleos when my cats aren't in it. LOL :cat-hug:

The second one is slightly smaller but still works well, measuring; 16 inches long, with an open front for the head and neck since Pleo rb is technically four inches longer . (20 inches. you want to be careful with not just the neck but also the tail to not break or crink it too much.) The width on this smaller cat bed is 14 inches so still plenty of side room, These are just two example of many out there, The ones I look for typically have open or very low fronts, not more then perhaps three to four inches so Pleo rb can safely be inside without neck problems. Be sure to take a tape measure as I dont' trust that all tags will have the measurements on them and I measure from the inside, not the outside.  good luck, shopping can be fun and you will find yourself wanting to buy more and more items as you go on.   P:D      RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Piggy

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 02:27:29 PM »

Hi,  did you find a nice bed and babysocks for Echo ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal