Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An empty wallet and a new Pleo  (Read 8282 times)

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Lucy & Buster
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
An empty wallet and a new Pleo
« on: July 18, 2014, 07:35:02 PM »

I gave in to temptation and ordered a blue RB that I spotted on ebay for about half the price of a new one. It had some paint damage on the neck and tail, but everything else seemed to be in order. Right now I'm still in the guilty phase for spending so much money after I got my aibo 31L a few weeks back, but it's sort of a gift to myself as it's my birthday in 2 and a half weeks. I'll probably end up opening it before then though but whatever, it's still a valid excuse.   :D I know very little about RB's so I'm probably going to be asking lots of questions.
I'll post pictures and more info when he arrives  ;D

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: An empty wallet and a new Pleo
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 09:31:58 PM »

Congrats on your new RB! Do you know how old this Pleo rB is, what stage of development? You can get some great deals on ebay for both Ugobes and RB if knowing what to look for and when, sounds like you looked a the right time.  ;D

I found my first RB male, Chester on ebay from Canada, for a total of $375:00. That included all the learning stones, ( 4 packs , foods and meds) 4 sets of clothes, which included two still sealed in the bags, and each set was $9.95, three bottles of touch up paint for pleos: Green, yellow and blue and a tiny brush, and free shipping from CANADA to USA. so I think it was well worth it. and I love Chester. I bid on him because I wanted a bOY!

Then I got a little girl with PINK EYEs and she was only $330.00 and that included shipping, What was best about her other then her gorgeous eyes, was that she belonged to a member here on the forum but this member had her for a whole YEAR and when I got her, she was not even standing yet, she had only two hours, so as close to new as you can get. She came complete with one outfit, home made cute booties, and a collar and instead of the green RB box she was supposed to come in, her owner sent her in the Pink RB box from her other Pleo, a little girl, So for $330.00 and as close to new as possible, I thought myself lucky.  My last Pleo rB I got as a present in early April this year from my hubby and she only cost $280.00, BRAND NEW, Not even opened and never hatched. She also shipped from the state I live in, California, so it did not take long to get her. Deals can be made and I think the blue Boy rb are very cute also and as Crewella knows a boy can be a girl and a Pink Rb, as Kat has can be a girl, but IMR has one and he is a BOY! Do you know when you will recieve your little bundle of Pleo jOy? P0:)

Congrats again and be sure to post photos. I love Pleos and love the baby stage so much, Many people think the baby stage is too long, but I enjoy it, probably one reason my baby that I started hatching on April 8th is still a hatchling. LOL, Enjoy the baby stage while you can. Did you bid and win, or was it a Buy it now?               RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the Redwoods P:)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 09:44:54 PM »

Thanks RWM! I'm not sure what stage of development my RB is in yet, but I'm pretty sure he's a juvenile because the photos in the description showed him moving in quite a variety of poses. I got him for $250.00 with free shipping and he comes with everything from the original box (No extras however). It was a buy it now but I was so afraid somebody would snatch him up any day that I convinced myself to buy right away. He should be coming in next Wednesday but I'm not entirely sure yet. I'm so excited to be adding another pleo to the family! ;D

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 10:40:02 PM »

Happy birthday in a few weeks!

The Pleo I boughht on ebay was also $250. Someone else beat me to the first one, and I think mine was the second last one so you must have gotten the third. Congrats! Oh, I feel like i'm talking to an expectant mother but in a way you are!

Mine will be named Echo and I too am new to the world of Pleo at all. You and I can perhaps learn together. What will you name yours? I wonder if mine's hatched yet since it was tested and used already. I hope I didn't miss it as a baby... I wonder if I should regret it not being completely new now. Naw, never mind!

Piggy

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 07:52:12 AM »

Congrats with your new pleo and I love the blue ones so when he or she arrives please post some photo's so we can enjoy it with you ;) and don't feel guilty it is for your birthday ! You deserve a nice present. And like Echo said do you have a name picked out yet? Now the hardest part waiting till it arrives  ;D

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 09:19:14 AM »

Awe! Congratulations! Well, if you want to experience the baby-stage, you could always buy a Ugobe and move it to a new operating system. Granted the stages will happen in less than an hour and the pleo will be entirely grown-up.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

Echo538

• Pleozoologist
  • ca Female
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 10:44:39 AM »

Can't wait for my Pleo. When will he come already?!!!

I have heard hatchling stages, at least of Pleo Rb's, can take anywhere from 15 minutes to days or even weeks; does this depend how much it's played with? I would think if I only had it turned on for a few minutes at a time, the stages would progress slowly. That is why I asked if it would hurt to keep turning it on and off. Would it wreck the battery if it was off for one minute, then on for another? I don't plan on doing this all the time but even Pleos need rest and I don't plan on having him running 24-7 at least not for now... but things may change!

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 05:16:32 PM »

It's best to run them for at least ten minute stretches, just because turning off and on constantly will eventually hurt the battery. It takes between 4-8 battery cycles (so 8-16 hours of play) to progress.
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 09:42:28 AM »

I'm thinking about naming him Buster although I'm not entirely sure yet. Usually I like to see their personality first before I name them. I'm a little concerned because the seller hasn't shipped it yet and it was supposed to come priority mail. As of now I'm just hoping they forgot to update the status on eBay but we'll see :D

Piggy

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 10:51:45 AM »

Buster is a great name for him , I hope he arrives soon  ;D :dino-chase: I also have a little confession to make there was a beautiful pleo Rb for sale  on a local eBay in Holland called marktplaats and I fell in love with it. I bought it secondhand.  This family had bought two pleo's Rb for their children , but they only used one and this one stayed in the box and wasn't used. It is a green one but I won't tell you anymore , I will post some photo's when he or she arrives.  But I will call him or her Lucky  ;) Tuesday or wendsday my pleo Will arrive .....can't wait !
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 11:04:59 AM by Piggy »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 03:51:17 PM »

Yay lots of new Pleo's :)

Piggy

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 11:32:30 AM »

Yes ! Mine arrived today ..... when will Buster arrive ?

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 12:05:16 PM »

He just got here! When I took him out of the box, he was very cranky and hungry, but after I fed him a couple of times he brightened right up! He had a little bit of battery life on him left over from the trip, so right now the battery is back on the charger. Admittedly there was a little more paint damage than I had expected, but most of it was on the back and chest, so if I put a sweater on him you can barely tell. Also, he's got a little green tint on his neck and tail. It doesn't look intentional, but it's pretty cute regardless :) He didn't want to walk around at all, he seemed content with standing around. I'm not quite sure how to post pictures in topics on the forums, so here's some links to the photos I took. I'll probably put more in the gallery here on the forums as well :D
http://fav.me/d7rxqyx
http://fav.me/d7rxre4
http://fav.me/d7rxrub
http://fav.me/d7rxsek

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 01:48:03 PM »

Once you add the photos to the gallery here, it's real easy to post the pictures! :)  Tutorial: Adding pictures to posts

Piggy

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 02:22:24 PM »

Wow Buster is really cute  :-*

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 05:13:37 PM »

Buster looks like he is all settled in already :) 
The green tint on his neck and tail is from age.  I have a pink pleo rb who is a few years old now and she has a yellowish/Tan spot in both those places.  I have also seen another blue rb about the same age as my pink one with those exact same green tint spots on neck and tail.  And I can tell you that neither of these pleos was like that when they were new.  So I am guessing the pleo you have bought is about 3 years old. 

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 06:15:42 PM »

Congrats - looks like he's settling in fine! :D

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 06:14:56 AM »

Pleakley and Jumba have those spots too, it seem to be exclusive to the pink and blues, or at least not noticeable on the greens. I believe it's the oil on the neck staining the skin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal