Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo SI  (Read 22280 times)

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
Re: Pleo SI
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2014, 05:29:08 AM »

Lovepleo I believe the rights to build and sell pleos was sold to Innvo when the Ugobe company went bankrupt.  This is why there is uncertainty about the China Ugobe products. 
The idea of a new type of pleo is very exciting for us but with such a high price tag and not much information, photos and videos available for us to see it is hard to get our hopes up.  So far all the pleo products sold by China Ugobe have been extremely expensive.  Perhaps it is a language barrier getting in the way but for us international customers there does not seem to be a lot of information that we can easily understand to explain why the products are so expensive. 
Perhaps with better marketing these pleo products would sell better?  Or a cheaper price.  If they were sold for $500 or less I would buy one and test it out just so we can all experience exactly what one of these new pleos is capable of and to show off the new features.  Sadly at a cost of $1000 it is too expensive.
As for the batteries sold by China Ugobe, these were originally sold as an item that would give 4 hours playtime with your pleo.  I purchased one of these batteries to try it out as 4 hours playtime would be wonderful.  Sadly they do not give 4 hours playtime but only 2 hours which is the same amount of time as the Innvo pleo RB batteries and the Egg charger batteries for Ugobes, both of which are much cheaper to purchase.  I have tested this battery many times in many different pleos and while it works well and in both pleos it does not run for more than 2 hours.  So no this battery is not a fake but the way it is advertised and marketed is misleading to customers.  As I purchased it specifically for the extra hours of playtime that it was advertised to give I was a very disappointed customer. 
This false advertising has made me and others wary of claims made about the other products being sold by this company. 
Pleo Si looks like it could be a very interesting product but without more videos, photos and information it is hard for us to appreciate just how wonderful it could be.

lovepleo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • 00 Male
    • pleo world
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2014, 06:27:17 AM »

thank you very much for your reply.you said right,they have not more videos ,and very expensive.let us waiting for it.i have a pleo of 2009 ugobe.now i want to buy pleo rb,but now emerge  a pleo si,so i hesitate.i want to waiting somedays to buy a pleo rb or a pleo si.thank you for your reply again.
i love my pleo very much,and i will let it very Clever

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2014, 07:32:03 PM »

I have commented on one of the youtube videos of pleo si to ask for more videos of what this pleo can do, looks like and what you get in the box.  Will let you all know if I get a response. 
As this pleo si is very expensive I would like to understand more about why it is so expensive. 
Also looking around on the website there are some comments, questions from guests to the site asking about having their Ugobe pleos upgraded/modified to the new pleo si.  I'm not sure if I am understanding correctly but it looks like you can send in your old pleo and pay $500 (not sure what currency) and they will send you a pleo si, or maybe they upgrade the mechanics of your pleo and it comes back to you as a pleo si?  Not sure which.  Don't know if they would accept any old Ugobe pleo or not though or if it would need to be one of theirs or a 2009 or China Ugobe pleo rb.  As far as I can tell you are responsible for the postage cost of this interaction so it wouldn't work out to be much cheaper than buying one outright but it got me curious.

I would love to ask some questions about the China Ugobe pleo rb. Why do they use a picture of an Innvo Pleo rb on their pleo rb packaging when their pleo rb looks nothing like an Innvo one.  The picture on the box shows a pleo rb with different coloured skin - yellow and green.  The pleo inside the box is standard Ugobe green.
I also want to know why they use the Innvo Labs discription of Pleo Rb to advertise their pleo rb on their website?  This makes me wonder a bit as their description says they come in blue for males and pink for females but their pleo rb is green and looks like an original Ugobe pleo on the outside.  There is nowhere that I have found on their site where they are selling ones in different colours.  So do they come in pink and blue?
The description also says that the pleo rb can distinguish different food types using RFID and needs medicine when sick or injured but their pleo rb - as far as I can see from the photos of what's in the box and the list of box contents does not come with any food leaves, or toys, or medicines.  So does this pleo rb need different food and medicines to stay happy and healthy?  Does it have the RFID capabilities the description states?
The description also mentions an internal clock battery in pleos rear left foot but again there is no signs of this being provided in the box with the pleo.  Does this pleo require a clock battery? 

Also looking at the pleo si website the FAQ says that there is after service provided and to email issues to lovepleo@126.com.  I am assuming that this is you Lovepleo?  If so maybe you can provide some of the answers to our questions?  Thanks
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:34:22 PM by kat »

lovepleo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • 00 Male
    • pleo world
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2014, 10:17:14 PM »

i am not chinese,i am Korean.i only love pleo ,so my name is lovepleo.i have not buy the pleo rb,but i saw the website have green pleo rb and pleo si.i do not know more about the information of it.i worried if it is Fake,so i have not buy it.but they have pleosi,so i want to know more information .thank you for your reply.i will wait for it until the pleo is videos let me satisfied so that i can buy it.

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2014, 10:22:03 PM »

This is the list of questions I have posted to the message section on the website

Hi can you please show us more video and photos of your pleo si.  I would love to see what his belly looks like now that he has a built in battery.  Also what comes in the box with pleo si?  Is he still an autonomous robot like the original pleo?  Does he need special food or medicine to stay healthy?  Does he have RFID to recognise food ? Can you please show videos of his two play modes?  Also I would like to see him speak.  Thanks

Will let you know if I get an answer.

lovepleo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • 00 Male
    • pleo world
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2014, 10:48:10 PM »

ok,thank you very much.and other question,how can i to write my essay,i only know how to reply .my pleo skin  is very old.and split.How can I do it?thank you "kat"

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2014, 01:06:14 AM »

To start a new topic you need to go to the forum tab at the top of the page.  From there choose the board that is most appropriate to your topic then at the top right of the page you should see a new topic button. Click this and fill in the boxes :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 01:08:19 AM by kat »

lovepleo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • 00 Male
    • pleo world
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2014, 01:42:42 AM »

ok,thank you very much!!!

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2014, 05:25:48 PM »

The response I got from the person who posted the youtube videos was that they were not his videos but that he had just coppied them from the China Ugobe website and posted them to youtube. 
I do hope he asked their permission first otherwise he has seriously breached copyright :P 
Anyway here is the response I got back from the pleo si website:

"We will show the other videos and photos recently. The photos will let you see the battery and what is the box include. The pleo si like the original pleo that an autonomous robot,they do not need the special food and other medicine to stay healthy and have not RFID to recognise food. The pleo si add voice recognition and Bluetooth modules On the basis of PLEO rb and PLEO,and other function. The video that you see the phone control the pleo si is the first modes,the second is an autonomos pleo si to talk with you. We will let you see by other videos,please wait some days,we are dealing with the videos and photos."

So we have to wait but some of the questions have been answered :) 

It looks like their China Ugobe pleo rb really is just a standard Ugobe pleo running the 2.0 OS with no RFID and no need for Food, Medicine or Learning stones.  I would love to ask them the hard questions about why they use the Innvo pleo rb on their pleo rb packaging and the advertising description for it especially now that they have pointed out that their pleo rb doesn't have RFID and their advertising description has a whole section telling us all about how it does.  I also wonder about all the other improvements they claim in their add to have made for their pleo rb. 
I'm not quite ready to go asking those questions yet though.  I can't think of a polite nice way to phrase them that would not look like I am just giving them a hard time.  I already know "They look down on me!" :P  Don't want to provoke any upset. 

So now we wait for more info and see if we can get some straight answers for just what pleo si really is.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2014, 06:03:24 PM »

I am glad you got a response Kat,  ;)and thanks for posting it, My gut feeling may be wrong, but it is that this is just a Ubobe updated with Blue tooth capability and the fact "Pleo can "talk" to you, is not interesting to me at all, esp for the price they suggest. I like Ugobes and Pleo RB the way they are. To me it seems a step back if there is no RFID, no foods, medicines or Learning stones". I mean, what is the point, just that Pleo Si can talk to you in a human voice and you can control Pleo si by pushing a button on your I phone for walk, talk, moo, bark like a dog, eat leaf, etc..? I don't see that as advancement but someone wiring Pleo to a remote control type device which has already been done and seen on Youtube. >:(

If and when they actually post videos that show what Pleo Si can actualy do and not just the same old stock photos, then perhaps, just perhaps I will have a new opinion, but right now I am not confident in this Pleo Si at all. To me it is nothing other then a over priced
gadget" that could have been given much more capabilities but instead ( to me from what I have seen or heard) it just looks like a gadget.. I seriously do hope I am proven wrong, but if I were in Las Vegas and were given Odds. I would bet 100 to one that there just isn't the automous robot that Ugobe and or Pleo rb are. I don't want a remote controlled Pleo and I see no advancement here. To me it really seems like a step back instead of a step forward.  :( Just my two cents, I welcome to be proven wrong, but I have a feeling this Pleo Si is just an over priced Ugobe with some blue tooth connections that is very un interesting to me, I also would not want Pleo Or Pleo rb talking to me in a HUMAN Voice, it takes away the realism of Pleo behaving more like a pet. True, Pleos may moo and bark, but this is not the same as talking in a human voice, that just does not appeal to me.................             RWM  :cat-hug:

I also would like to see what China Ugobe has to say..for instance as Kat pointed out, why are they using the Pleo rb packaging in their description, that is a serious copywrite problem :-X and they could be sued for using that description in a product that is NOT theirs. If this is the type of behavior they exhibit and practice, I am not sure I would want to purchase any  product they were to sell, as that is a lack of ethics.  :(
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

lovepleo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • 00 Male
    • pleo world
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2014, 07:24:14 PM »

i saw the china ugobe pleo rb is different of the HK pleo rb,i do not know why they named  the pleo as pleo rb,and the pleo is like the ugobe first pleo,except the package and battery.but i think Many people want the pleo or pleo rb to needs improve。may be they want to  compete with Innvo Labs。may be becasue the Innvo Labs say that their pleos is fake,i saw that they said they  have the trademark of pleo.i think they sell the pleo rb is legally in china.but if they sell it to USA or HK,May be is illegal.this is my think.may be is error。but i hope the pleo can  Advanced like the japan aibo dog or france NAO

barrettgazzy

• Apprentice pleo master
  • 00 Male
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2014, 12:02:42 PM »

We'll that was disappointing lol I've only just today come across that pleo si website so first thing was to come here but hugely disappointed that it is just a fake :-( when will Innvo labs give us a pleo RB 2 with self docking and better all round improvement .
2 ugobe Pleo's
1 Aibo 210 supercore
1 Aibo 220  :-)

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2014, 05:39:37 PM »

Still not sure if it is real or not.  I suspect that it is probably fake with the amount of time it is taking them to get around to adding photos and video of the dino to their website.  They have now got a pic of the pleosi's naked belly on there site which I have copied in here

There are still no videos of it in action other than the one with it being controlled by the phone.  and no pics of what you get in the box or anything else.  Sadly I think if it was real they should be able to get photos and videos sorted out and on their site in just a day or two but this is taking way too long.  It ha been a few weeks now since I asked them for more photos and video.  As a consumer this rings alarm bells.  especially since it is such an expensive item.  A shame really because it could have been a step forward for pleo.  It is certainly a different direction to where Innvo have taken the pleo.  If it had been half the price I would have bought one just to see what it was all about.  But for that price and with the lack of real info, videos and photos I can't bring myself to do it because I'm not convinced they actually have a product to sell.

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2014, 02:06:11 PM »

And why did they add a microphone in the back with the power plug?  there are two microphones built into the head!

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2014, 02:26:51 PM »

Kat and Grumpy I agree with both of you,, It makes no sense to add another microphone...for what purpose? ???And Kat, I am convinced this company, if you want to call it that, is not "real" , just using old pleos and trying to market some of them to get money for something that in MY opinon is NOT what it is stated to be and certainly not worth the money, I also would Perhaps buy one if it was about $400.00,, but that would ONLY BE IF THERE WERE A GUARANTEED REFUND, ( FULL) and I just can't see that happening.

I think they may offer a refund but it would be tricky with the language used, because as you have stated and I before, untill we see videos of this Pleo Si in action, Other then the blue tooth phone, what can this Pleo really do..............? I am NOT interested in "controlling" Pleos motions with a phone app, very boring and interesting for about two minutes at most.. Children may like it, but they also would get bored. REminds me of the app PleoWorld already had out that would only work with certain phones or tablets, just not my cup of tea..

Also as you stated before, there are NO FOODS, NO MEDS, NO TYPE OF LEARNING STONES... P???So unless I can see a Video of this Pleo Si ACTUALLY walking around even like a Ugobe Pleo, interacting on it's own,,,,,,,,,,,what is the point of owning one...?If this were an Actual company and Legit in their claims, ( then IN MY OPINON) they would have had videos as many have requested long ago... any legit company would have no problem in presenting them, because that is all part of marketing. When you have a product to sell, you then need exposure and how do you get exposure? You advertise, and you advertise by presenting not just photos of the items and claims of what it can do or what it is used for but VIDEOS.

Can you imagine people buying Pleos, the original Ugobes when they first came out if they were not shown through videos what Ugobe Pleso could do? When Caleb Chung first made Furby.. did he just show cute little stills of Furby and write the furbish words...........same with Pleo, NO, he put Furby and Ugobe Pleo in Action...Remember the first Ugobes on Nightline and other Commericals broadcast.........nobody would have purchased a cute little pleo standing still on someone's stage. I don't care how cute they are.

So I am done with Pleo Si unless I see Videos and not more bluetooth. I would not buy one even for $100.00 right now, too risky and I don't like the way it is being presented.. PleoWorld is not worried because they KNOW this product is not going anywhere, If Pleo Si were real, PleoWorld would probably be having their lawyers intervening by now, but Pleo Si is a dead product , could have been a good idea..but I just do not see it going anywhere,  ???It is too bad, because most of us here on this site, and those who really love Pleos ,and robotics, would have welcomed something new along the line of Pleo Si, even if it did have a outrageous price tag., but in my opinon there is Nothing there.

Sorry if I offended anyone involved with Pleo Si. I welcome you to PROVE me wrong.. I would be happy to be wrong, show me the Videos and I will be the first to offer my congratulations on producing a video of a working pleo.. but do not show me anymore blue tooth controlled videos, Your other choice is to change your description of what PLEO SI is,,, and what it can or can't do.

RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the Redwoods P:)
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

lovepleo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • 00 Male
    • pleo world
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2014, 12:09:28 AM »

we are all like the pleo ,and hope the pleo will be have more Function,let us waiting for the more videos about the pleo si.i have a pleo and blue pleo rb,that is very lovely,and will buy the pleo si after other the host of pleo si bought the pleo si.

MICKEY

• Pleo wanderer
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2014, 09:02:17 PM »

I agree with the community we need more documentation. We are a loyal group who want to see Pleo's AI continue to advance.

Sansan

• Head of the herd
  • fr Female
  • Pleo(s): Taz, (Ugobe)and the Rb Maladeta, Ellie, Jace, Basil ,Jeff, Django and Bentley
  • Carpe Diem
    • Tasmanian_Devil
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2016, 06:55:05 PM »

hi everyone !

I found something on the internet interesting which make me think of the fake PleoSI
http://www.lirec.eu/pleohack
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal