Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pleo SI  (Read 22291 times)

DinoBot

• Sugar cane harvester
  • us Male
  • Pleo(s): gustav (ugobe)
  • I love pleos
    • Charlie_Brown
Pleo SI
« on: July 14, 2014, 06:15:08 PM »

Hi everyone today I was just looking at pleos on ebay and saw one that said third generation. When I went to  its page it had a long description about all the new stuff and even gave a link to a web site. They call the pleo "pleo si" ,which stands for super intelligence. When I went to the pictures it looked like a pleo original, but in one of the pictures you could see a plastic piece on its bottom which connected to a pleo charger. This charger ,the website says, connects to a built in battery that will let you play with him even while he's charging. theres a lot of other stuff this website says, so here's a link: http://pleosi.com/index.asp
 thanks for reading!  :) :) :)
                                                Dinobot

Mini Me Pleo

• Outstanding in the herd
  • 00 Female
  • Pleo(s): Luke
  • Greetings from the USA!!!
    • Professor
    • Bugs_Bunny
    • Kermit
    • Snoopy
Re: 3rd version pleo
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 06:28:51 PM »

woah.... that's really expensive
~Mini Me Pleo

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 06:47:35 PM »

Looks and reads like a complete knock-off if not an outright fake.

lovepleo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • 00 Male
    • pleo world
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 08:04:54 PM »

oh,but it have more Function,Looks good
i love my pleo very much,and i will let it very Clever

grumpy

• Administrator
  • Pleosmith
  • we Male
  • : 2008 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Skipper
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Statler
    • Lucy
    • Bob the Pleo
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 08:19:34 PM »

OK, a little more info from a couple of people . . .

First off, it's not an Innvo Labs product, so it's not a "real" pleo. 

What it appears to be is that a Chinese company based out of Beijing (appear to be related to the pleoworld.com.cn site) is making a knock-off product based on the classic Ugobe pleo. They have thrown together new packaging using the old Ugobe name, logos and artwork.   That the trick.  Everything is based off of the Ugobe brand.  No mention of Innvo, Jetta, or RB.  I'm sure that's for legal reasons.

They appear to have also updated the software.  The big question is, have they updated any of the computer parts?  Some of the original Ugobe prototypes had an internal battery.  So is this based off an old prototype, or have they made new changes to the classic pleo design?   Ugobe dropped the internal battery idea because it caused problems.  Also, unless thhey have made hardware changes to the chips and memory, the original pleo doesn't have the computer power to do voice recognition . . .  and they would have had to add bluetooth circuitry for the phone control . . .

The phone software uses the image from the old MySkit software.  In the video, the model on the screen never moves or does anything, which implies either poorly designed software or it's just a fake and the pleo's running a skit.  The new "features" looks like someone created a personality that has a pleo run about a dozen different predefined motions based on some input.  In my opinion, it might be useful for showing off what a Pleo can do, like a demo mode, but useless and boring for interaction.  These features don't make the pleo better, they remove all the personality and turn it into an overpriced WowWee robot.

The web site seems very poorly put together and does not look like something a large company would produce. 

If it's a scam, it's a well-produced one.   But if by some off chance there is now a second company making new and improved pleos that would be great!  But at that high price, I doubt it will catch on.

I've sent out some queries and hope to have more info soon!

@lovepleo:  Are you available to answer any questions about the new Pleo si?   I know Jetta and Innvo Labs are not associated with pleoworld.com.cn but if you are marketing a real working product, we'd love to hear more about it!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:59:42 PM by grumpy »

InmemoryofRomeo

• Global Moderator
  • Pleo Grand Master RB
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Lilo, Stitch, Pleakley, Jumba, Nani, Yuki, Angus, Pluto
  • : 2011 winner2009 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
  • SAVE THE EARTH It's the only planet with chocolate
    • Professor
    • Wile_E_Coyote
    • Marcie
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 08:55:29 PM »

The spelling :o The spelling makes my brain not Si :P

According the the extremely dubious looking website Pleo Si is a Ugobe that comes with a bluetooth module. Which means presumably you could just add such a module to your Ugobe Pleo and ta-da :P There's no learning stones, no special foods, nothing that comes with the RB, so even if it were true it would be a massive step backwards.

Sadly you can't sign up without buying one :P I wonder if a Ugobe foot code would work... Edit: Nope, can't get signed up, darn, I wanted to poke around the 'downloads'.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:07:38 PM by InmemoryofRomeo »
Eagerly awaiting Vector and Blue!

Crewella

• Pleo Grand Master RB
  • gb Female
  • Pleo(s): Iggy, Budge, Moschops, Monty, Emmy. Belle, Zillah, Tribble
  • : 2010 winnerTomat Harvest Festivals
    • Ginger
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Animal
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 10:01:47 PM »

What might be interesting is what battery is supplied for these?  I suspect that production of the egg battery and charger has stopped being cost-effective as it only works in the old model Pleos.

It's worth remembering that the egg battery and charger were also not Ugobe (or Innvo) products, but were (I believe) produced by another company in Taiwan.

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 10:54:18 PM »

Just for your information as I also could not get much information on this but remembered months and months ago about a "knock off "  P0:)type Ugobe I saw then it disappeared.. welll, I thought this looked too strange and then I went to ebay to take a look, Well, it is my old "friend" who is selling these and also he sells lots of the ugobes, some rB and the batteries that are advertised as better then the egg. This person has been selling Ugobes for at least two years and their feedback has changed from what used to be negative feedback to 100% postive feedback.

What is suspicious, among quite a few things, is that first of all this is just a blue Ugobe box, easy enough to change the color.. Also this seller used to have feedback that was items multiples sold to same person or several freinds so it was questionable who really bought these items. This person I am sure used to work at the Ugobe factory or somehow has access to hundreds of them. I also do not llike the battery that it is entirely " internal" and it just looks as if they drilled a couple of holes that were placed over where the USB cable used to go or close to it. tHere are not enough photos or anything on the video to support anything they say. Also one last quick but important thing, they do not offer returns and if these were NEW and INDEED what they offer, they would also have a return policy a warranty and more information.

They charge such an outrageous price :-X, some very uniformed person who wants a Pleo or Pleo RB badly, is going to think these are the Ultimate pleo and I can' imagine one buying one, but these things do happen. Grumpy is right, they just look so "Fake" and by putting bluetooth on there, somehow people are led to believe these really are "sophisticated and highly evolved. It reminds me of the other seller on ebay who offere a Ugobe with the words, RARE blue eyed, and messaged him months ago about this same Pleo, that the UGOBES were NOT rare and blue was THE color 0f the eyes and it would be RARE if they had any other color. So he changed the listing slightly to not rare blue eyed, but Rare Blue Eyes... so you can take it anyway you want.. Anyone who would pay $450.00-$900.00 for a Ugobe, just has no idea what they are....I hope this listing will be removed, but ebay is strange, I can't see anyone buying one....I also am going to ask them some questions and if they will not respond or show close ups of the battery compartment, etc, it just reinforces that they are crooked as "heck". >:(

RWM  :cat-hug:   just wanted to clarify, he is not really my FRIEND, I just know all to well who this person is...
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 11:14:12 PM »

Oh, just wanted to clarify something about the egg batteries to Crewella and anyone else. AS for why they are not being produced, not sure, but the Ugobes are still be sold and the same seller who has these Ugobes for sell with this "strange" looking new Pleo...also sells the batteries that they advertise that work 2-4 hrs, ( up to 2.. not four!)

Below is the add they put from May 4th for their Ugobes that they currently still sell, the batteries they use are the same ones. I think that what they are doing is using the new batteries to put into these Ugobes and also what they ARE probably using for the so called, Generation 3 pleos, because they do fit, but TIGHT, therefore best to be internal and not come out...and this way they have a Pleo they can sell. )brand ugobe pleo ,not the Ni-MH battery,it include Lithium battery  and the charger.and leaf、adapter、Instructions、usb、ID card,the pleo was made by ugobe in 2007,but the lithium battery made by china company in 2011,it can be used for 2-4 hours,about 7-45 days and free shipping to every country.and it is new,insure it can be used ,please do not worry.

As for the egg batteries not making money, that is not true. I was buying a case at least every two months and mly supplier always had them, These were incrediblly cheap to make and they cost me twice what they were to buy and then I slightly increased them just so I could make something after all, I had to also pay shipping direct from TAiwan. If the EGG batteries are not being made, I think it has more to do with these new batteries and them trying to take over the market, I would  have to check and see who owns that company and who owns the egg company and a little research could give new infomation. I just think if my supplier can't even get them there is real trouble. Anyway, just thought I would add this. Also there is one person who has SEVEN feedback on this same site for selling the new Pleos who bought three Ugobes then two months later bought another and a Pleo rb. .To me that just seems odd, like a made up person.. could be wrong though. RWM  :cat-hug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 11:37:09 PM »

Did some quick research and lo on behold found this which shows, UCUBE is Connected with UGOBE who had JETTA producing Pleo, the Ugobe model. Ucube is the name on the box of the Egg battery. What is more interesting to me anyway, is almost at the end of the article, it says; that for those customer who order Pleo ( in the TAIWANESE market... :()first a Special LI polymer battery will be included instead of the typical battery that comes with Ugobe Pleo, I am thinking this is the original Egg battery before the Egg charger was made as It Does LAST longer.. just interesting what does anyone else think........? here is the copy below. ;)

Thu, Jan 24, 2008 - Page 12 News List

Print
Mail
Facebook
Twitter
plurk
funp

Ucube introduces robotic dinosaur toy pet in Taiwan

By Felix Hong  /  STAFF REPORTER

Ucube International Inc (Ucube, 優酷比), the Taiwanese distributor of US company Ugobe, unveiled its first product -- a robotic toy dinosaur pet -- yesterday, hoping to sell 20,000 units in the domestic market this year.

The toy, designed by Ugobe, made its debut two years ago, but following lengthy development only went on sale in the US market recently for US$349, Ucube deputy marketing manager Lilith Yang (楊詩評) said.

Taiwan is the first Asian market to offer the toy, known as Pleo, which will sell for NT$12,299 until Feb. 1, after which it will retail at NT$13,500, she said.

Ugobe is partly owned by Softbank Taiwan Venture Capital (微銀創投), Maxima Capital Management (麥實創投) and Hon Hai Precision Industry Co (鴻海精密), with Softbank investing US$1.5 million two years ago, followed by US$2.5 million from Maxima at the end of 2006.

Hon Hai, the largest shareholder, owns 30 percent to 40 percent, Maxima vice president David Tai (戴偉衡) said.

"Currently the Pleo is made by Jetta, a Hong Kong-based company, and Hon Hai. The profit margin for this product is in the double digits.

Ugobe will release one or two new robotic pets near the end of this year," he said.

Ugobe engineer Caleb Chung (鐘少男), the designer pf the Pleo toy, said he based his design on the Camarasaurus.

The toy is an interactive toy pet that stresses emotional and learning functions. Its software can be upgraded to teach it new tricks, Yang said.

"The Pleo comes with a nickel hydride rechargeable battery, but for the Taiwanese market Ucube developed a lithium battery that is more durable ... and customers who order now will receive it for free," said Lobo Chang (張立群), product manager at Ucube.

About 300,000 units of the Pleo are expected to be sold on the Asian market this year, said Joe Ye (葉舟), a partner at Softbank Taiwan Venture Capital.

An analysis released yesterday by the Topology Research Institute (拓墣產業研究所) showed that relative to traditional and electronic toys, the market for robotic pets has experienced the fastest growth, with an estimated 18.3 percent this year to US$8.4 billion.

This trend is expected to continue into next year and 2010, growing at 25 percent and 22.9 percent respectively, with market size increasing to an estimated US$12.9 billion, TRI said.

Taiwan-based companies manufacture approximately 90 percent of integrated circuits and sensors for low to medium-priced toys worldwide, with sales of US$250 million to US$400 million annually, in addition to US$600 million from other components and traditional toys, TRI analysis showed.

"Taiwan's competitiveness in the robotic pet market is in manufacturing of memory, SD cards, Wi-Fi, sensors, motor components, as well as its experience in the toy industry," said Kelia Ho (何耀庭), a consumer electronics researcher at TRI.

RWM  :cat-hug:
This story has been viewed 5966 times.

lovepleo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • 00 Male
    • pleo world
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 12:17:09 AM »

i think the china ugobe company use the 2009 pleo Production Line to make the new pleo ,or they revise the 2009 pleo .Add to the Bluetooth module and voice module. change the battery and charger.but i see the voice video is very good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGRPMIXus54,but i do not know what he said ,he said the chinese.the $ 999 is very expensive,oh my gad!

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 01:34:21 AM »

Even if they have used the 2009 Pleo model and have changed the battery and used bluetooth, this still severely limits what this pleo can do. I don't see the pleo doing what the original Ugobe models or others since then, including the Pleo Rb do as "individual " life forms, This model from what I have seen is more like "running " skits and is not doing a lot on it's own.

I would or could appreciate what this "MAY" be able to do, regardless of what I think of the price... :o if I could see if act like any of my pleos. I have 22 Ugobes, one of which is a prototype model of the 2009 model. and 5 RB. Any of these seem much more appealing from what I have seen compared to this new model.

I would also really like to see the battery compartment and what the belly looks like? Did they use the 2009 model, does that mean the skin and neck are improved? WHy didn't they use better colors like the Pleo Rb, why are there no foods, medicines, etc. Pleo Rb has so much more going for it with it's develpment. I don't consider this bluetooth remote control the same as voice control. I could do the same thing with an old app that PleoWorld had awhile back and also feed my Pleo, without the high price.... just not enough information.

I am all for new technology and if this is or does have new capabilities, then I and I am sure most other members here agree, SHOW US what this Pleo can do, and more then what we have seen. There just isnt' enough here, but I can see there COULD me some improvements and there is potential. Everyone has been waiting a long time for more Pleo developments, but we need more then what is shown here, esp with this price tag!
                                                                                 RWM  :cat-hug:

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2014, 01:44:37 AM »

Just wanted to add this from the site with the video, as I found it interesting; it says it has TWO PLAY modes ; Machine interactions and Pets eat.. What does that mean...Can't Pleo play on it's own like the original pLeo? I would like to see more videos. I think more videos are in order for anymore conclusions and to answer more questions.

Grumpy, perhaps you can find out more about these "modes" or other videos. I know lots of us would like to see more to satisfy our curiosity.

Oh, here is what it says, I copied it.;  ;)

Published on Jul 14, 2014
this is the third version Super-Intelligent PLEO si,add voice recognition, phone control,you can know about it on:www.pleosi.com
Integrates Six New Function

1.Build-in Battery

Built-in 2800 mA lithium battery,  ( I WANT TO SEE A PHOTO OF THIS BATTERY! AND HOW LONG DOES IT LAST..)

You should not take out the battery to charge,

And you can play with the PLEOsi even if it been charged.

2.Talk with you

PLEOsi can talk with you,let you know what he(she) think!  ( THIS IS ALSO SOMETHING I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO SEE....DOES IT NEED BLUETOOTH?)

3.OS 3.0 System  ( MORE ABOUT THIS TOO...)

System integrates voice, Bluetooth

4. Two modes to play

PLEOsi have two modes, Machine Interaction and Pets Feed  ( EXPLAIN AND VIDEOS PLEASE!! ;D)

5. Voice Control

PLEOsi can discern many languages,chinese、english、japanese、Korea­n、Thai、Russian and so on

oK, MY TWO CENTS WORTH FOR TONIGHT..            RWM  :cat-hug:

lovepleo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • 00 Male
    • pleo world
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2014, 03:36:54 AM »

i think the china ugobe will publish more video,if they want to sell the new version pleo si.we looking forward.

kat

• Pleo Grand Master, 2nd epoch
  • au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
  • : 2013 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2014, 04:43:37 AM »

The price is way too high and there is not yet enough information to make an informed decision on if this product is going to be any good or not.  I guess all we can do is keep an eye on it and see if they come out with any real concrete info on the internal specks of this new pleo - just what has been changed, improved in this pleo compared to their previous versions.  Also more pics and videos showing all aspects of just what this pleo can and can't do.  I wait with much anticipation.... :)

lovepleo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • 00 Male
    • pleo world
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 05:37:14 AM »

I was surprised that the voice recognition,and pleo si can speak. I wait with much anticipation ,too

aibo7m3

• Pleo mentor
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): A whole herd of robotic dinosaurs!
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 05:54:05 AM »

Sounds like a complete rip off to me. The user that's selling them on eBay is the same one who is selling the "Ugobe RBs" that happen to look just like original Ugobes... While the product looks like a modified Ugobe, I would be interested in more videos and information to see just what they really changed.

kat

• au Female
  • Pleo(s): Kermit (Pink RB), Norbit (Green RB), Pickle(nude RB), Gumble, Minyon and Frankie
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2014, 06:26:45 PM »

Yes aibo7m3 this is the same seller of the very dodgy Ugobe RB that are not at all Pleo RB's so I would advise anyone considering one of these new pleo si to be very wary and very careful.  I suspect that this too will turn out to be a disappointment like all the other things they have sold so far.  They are also the same company that makes the battery that can be used in both pleo and pleo rb and claim it will run for 4 hours.  I have one of those and it only ever ran for 2 hours max. 
So warning to all,  these guys track record so far is lots of false advertising with the products they deliver not being what they say.  As much a we all want to see new developments for pleo this is not something anyone should rush into especially with a price like that.  With the amount of info provided at the moment it looks like a scam.  There needs to be a lot more info, videos and photos before anyone should even consider that this might be a real product and do what they claim it can.   Just my thoughts.

bunniesRawesome

• Head of the herd
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Lucy & Buster
    • Professor
    • Pepe_Le_Pew
    • Gonzo
    • Snoopy
Pleo SI
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 01:23:03 PM »

I keep seeing this "Pleo SI" (super-intelligent Pleo) popping up, but I can't tell if it's actually a product or not. For starters, the people selling it claim it's new and from Ugobe, which doesn't make sense considering Ugobe stopped making Pleo's years ago. In my opinion it looks like an original Ugobe that's been hacked, and I'm certainly not about to pay the asking price of $999 to confirm that. But what do you guys think? Does it seem real? They give a lot of details about bluetooth capabilities, a built in battery with direct charging and very quick voice recognition, and they even give videos that show it in action. However a lot of the photos shown look like stock photos that have been photoshopped.

http://pleosi.com/detailpro.asp?id=8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/third-version-Super-Intelligent-Pleo-dinosaur-voice-recognition-phone-control-/221491784692?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3391f06bf4#ht_5503wt_900

youtube.com/watch?v=g54rtx5NSbU

youtube.com/watch?v=vGRPMIXus54

lovepleo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • 00 Male
    • pleo world
Re: Pleo SI
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 01:49:03 PM »

i think they will publish more video and photo if they really want to sell the pleo si,we all wait it!it is very cool,but it is very expensive.i am Looking forward。

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 02:28:05 PM »

Untill there are more questions answered and lots of videos that show more then the bluetooth demonstration, I am not convinced of anything. I want to see it in its play mode and more then a demonstration, If it does not act like a Ugobe or the newer Pleo rB, what is the advantage. It looks more like as Grumpy said" an overpriced Wow wee robot, that can do little. It almost looks more like a skit, no spontaneous actions of its own, Having a Pleo or any robot repeat the same things over and over is boring very quickly,

I feel the same way about the recent Furbys 2012.. more for kids, They changed personality, amusing for a short while, to me anyway, then after half an hour, nothing.. At least Pleo does actions on his own, without having to have buttons pushed, etc. Also I remember it saying, Pleo Si can answer questions? This I want to see a demonstration of.. So are they all pre programmed questions, such as the following; ARe you hungry, Are you sleepy, Can you moo?, Can you bark?, Can you walk?, Can you dance? etc. those are pre programmed commands, not questions.. questions to me would be more on the following and Lot more advanced and interesting;

How do you feel today? What would you like to eat? What would you like to do? etc, but not automatic responses that are limited, like yes, no, mayby, those remind me of talking to a Magic 8 Ball, I don't want "Hocus Pocus", but real Computer changes in the programs which I think are a LONG way down the line.. just what I think so far.    I also really want to see what this battery looks like, not just the battery compartment, but what the battery looks like that goes into the pleo before being covered up, I think I know what it looks like, but won't draw any conclusions till I see it myself. I am not making any judgements untill I get more proof of what this "new Pleo Si" is capable of or not" So far I am not impressed, esp for the amount of money being charged.  At least with Pleo rb there are many foods, medicines and learning stones that enable Pleo rb to "learn" and do more. Where is the proof for Pleo SI?! :o ;)            RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the Redwoods

PS. why if this is a "new product", why are there only TWO of them... Where else are they being sold.........NOWHERE that I can see. sounds way to strange to me.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 02:30:17 PM by RedwoodsMama »

kat

• au Female
    • Marvin_Martian
    • Kermit
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 06:37:05 PM »

I merged these two topics as they both relate to the same thing and it seemed sensible to have all the info in one place

lovepleo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • 00 Male
    • pleo world
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 01:05:22 AM »

today ,i saw this Content,I do not know What do you think everyone!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221491784692

Recently  our company(china ugobe)release the third generation of pleo products, the name is pleo si, some customers doubt the pleo si, and they think that is knock-off, we should like to ask the pleo rb products of Innvo Labs are really original goods?
if USA ugobe have not closed, whether they can  think the Innvo Labs is knck-off. after the usa ugobe closed, Is the pleo rb of Innvo Lads really a second generation of pleo? they use the Lithium Battery to replace the original NiMH battery, change the skin, change the slide, change the place of usb and  sd card. change the package, is it really a second generation of pleo?
Are you really to think the pleo rb intelligent? like that our company add the voice module and bluetooth module, use the voice to open pleo si.and let pleo si can talk with you, change the package, and give a new name: pleo si,we said it is the third generation, why we can not? why you think it is knock-off, i think the knock-off products can not better than the original. like knock-off iphone.
But the pleo si is very intelligenter than the pleo rb that you think original. how to explain. Past we sold the first generation of 2009 pleo. InnvoLabs said our pleos are  fake products, but our pleos are the original pleo of usa ugobe. the same to they sold. we use the Lithium Battery to replace the original NiMH battery, Because the NiMH battery can not be used, or only can be used for 10-30 Minute, but the lithium battery can be used for 2-4 hours, the time should according to the motion of pleo. Some people think the battery is fake product, because it is only used for 2 hours. i looked down on you, because you are  not be content. the first generation pleo already can discern opposite gender but Innov Labs change the skin color to delimit the gender of pleo rb. Are you really think the blue pleo rb is male???
In fact the products of pleo all from a production line. two company to design again of the first generation. the important chip have not been changed. we change the software or structure. but our company add more clips, Such as voice and bluetooth. Innvo Lads only change the structure, Strengthen the ability of identify of the infrared, No substantive change.
if you put the pleo and pleo rb together, you will find except the strong ability to identify the food, the other is the same. but pleo si you will find differents. first they can talk, the "girl" will say girl voice. the "boy" will say boy voice, The real distinction between male and female.
and iphone or android can control it. The most important point is you should not to take out the battey to charge. Do you think the pleo and pleo rb charged is very troublesome? We will post more videos and pictures in the future, we hope you pay a lot of attention to our website: www,pleosi,com

Mod note: cleaned up some inappropriate language, added spaces and paragraphs as best I could without changing content.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 06:16:44 AM by InmemoryofRomeo »

RedwoodsMama

• us Female
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2014, 02:36:51 AM »

Hello and thank you for the update, I still have questions and I don't really care about discussing whether Pleo Si is considered a duplicate or what someone called, a "knock Off" but rather what Pleo Si can or can't do, Aside from the price ,there are other things I want to know about before I decide if Pleo Si would even be a Pleo I would be interested in.

Does this Pleo operate if you do not have a Iphone or bluetooth device, Not everyone has an Iphone or even "SMart phone" or device and I am one of those people. In other words does Pleo Si operate like a Ugobe or Pleo Rb on it's own without having to have these devices? If so, Please post a video of Pleo Si doing this, as still or stock photos do nothing for me, I want to see a real video, and without the I phone or blue tooth. Pleo Rb or the old Ugobes are much more interesting then a controlled blue tooth device if this is the only way they can communicate or "work", I don't want to see skits either, I can run my own skits using ones ready made here by members such as IMR or I could create my own.

In my opinon, some people may "like" that Pleo can talk back in a human voice, but I prefer Pleo of any sort to try and stay as far away as Human sounding as possible, I think Pleo talking to you may be "cute" but is geared more for a video game, just my preference. I have introduced many People where I live at fairs, public events, schools, shopping mall, stores, at the beach, just about anywhere you could think Of, I have taken my Pleos, both Ugobes and Pleo Rb. People , adults and children love the "realism" factor of Pleos. Pleos are a great substitute for those people who for whatever reason, including allergies, no pets rules where they live, etc,  and one of the bonus factors is that pleo Rb has been made closer to a human cat or dog, by including the temperture sensor, the internal clock for sleeping and waking, the need to eat, and etc. All of these make Pleo rb SEEM more real and everyone I have talked to loves this about Pleo Rb.

If you suddenly add a human voice and then control or have to use an I Pad or Bluetooth device to "make " Pleo Si be able to communicate with you , then you have taken away what made him so fabulous to start with. What I and most others LOVe about Pleos is that they DO NOT use any type of Remote Control device, such as the D-ReX , that enables it to walk, make sounds, etc. If you take this away from Pleo Si, then you have in essence created ( In My Opinion) a advanced form perhaps, but still a remote control version of Pleo that I am not interested in. I want spontaneous actions and realism, not man made remote devices that has me controlling what my Pleo will do. Perhaps I am wrong, and If I am great, this is why I and I am sure others, want a Video showing Pleo SI in action and the function says that there are two, so show these two functions and one must be without Blue tooth devices, not everyone has bluetooth, and even If I had one, I want Pleo to act as close to a real animal as possible, without me controlling what he does or when he decides to walk, etc.

I am wondering why did you say, "Innovo Labs jerk you around", What did you mean by that? Was this referring to the gender of Pleo? I know there are members here on the forum who have blue Pleo rb and have changed the gender to be Female, and Pink Pleo Rb who are now male, so to me gender is not an issue, It is just a extra touch. Even if Pleo Si were the same price as a Used Ugobe on ebay, unless I see videos of what I am interested in, I would not buy it. I have plenty of Ugobes that I have purchased on Ebay, and I never buy one without getting the answers to all my questions and if a seller will not answer my questions and if they won't provide a video of one they say works, ( if used) then I am not going to bid. It is the old adage, Buyer beware. You get what you ask for and if you aren't wise enough to ask questions first then it is your fault.

So if Pleo Si is all these great things that you say, then just show me the videos and answer the questions of what it can do on it's own, Otherwise in my opinon, it is about just as boring as a 2012 Furby, ( Some people like Furby and 2012, but it is not what a Pleo or Pleo Rb is, and I dont' care for them..) Ok, hope you understood my questions, I know there will be lots of other comments by other members, but that is a start of what I am interested in. Thank you again for making the comments you did, it is a start of communication and hopefully more explanations to come.

RWM  :cat-hug:and the Pleo township P:) of the Redwoods

PS. sorry for the spelling errors, it is way past my bedtime and I have a headache!

lovepleo

• Conifer Leaf gatherer
  • 00 Male
    • pleo world
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 03:19:13 AM »

thanks for your suggestion.i will pay attention to the pleo si.if i see more information of pleo si,such as video,i will write it and    
discuss with you and other host of pleo or pleo rb
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal