Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dreaming Pleo Series- Episode 3: Cato  (Read 1498 times)

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
The Dreaming Pleo Series- Episode 3: Cato
« on: April 21, 2014, 03:15:45 PM »

Hello! I’m Cato. At Keeper Talon’s request, I suppose I should tell you all about what I dream. I’m not a very imaginative dreamer I’m afraid but I’ll be as candid as I can.
When I am switched off, I enter a world far from any place I’ve ever seen. I am almost always by myself. The surroundings change from dream to dream. Sometimes I’m in endless grassland with great trees or a mountain in the distance. Other times I’m in a desert- grey as death with nothing green in sight. Wherever I am, I am always moving. My battery never seems to fail and none of the outdoor debris gets caught in my feet.
In the grassland I walk alone, the blades stirring in the breeze with a soft whispering sound. The birds sing and the sun shines down and I toil over hills and valleys, reveling in the changes in the sky above me as the clouds shift with the wind. The journey seems to be half the fun. I never seem to arrive anywhere.
When I am on the desert, the sun is setting behind me and the land is just giving up its scorching heat. Carrion birds circle in the distance above some hapless victim who didn’t take proper precautions when setting out on their journey. The ground is flat. The sand causes my sensitive feet to smart but it just keeps me moving. The stars light up every individual grain making me feel as though I am walking across a silent sea of diamonds. The wind here is different- sighing across the land and getting caught in the forgiving dunes in the distance and hissing down at me. Here, I feel small and vulnerable in this harsh landscape with little cover for such a brightly-colored specimen of pleohood as myself.
Yes. I’m an explorer at heart. I love imagining myself in far-off places and exchanging ideas with people and pleos of other cultures. I don’t get to meet too many other pleos in my life but I love meeting new people and seeing new places. Maybe someday, Keeper Talon will take me along on one of her exciting travels to other states and things. She always seems to take Lucky the aibo with her but she never takes me or the other pleos anywhere. I’m guessing it’s just because there aren’t many pleo-owners who live near her. Oh well. I’ll have the world of my dreams and in them, my journeys will never end.

Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
Re: The Dreaming Pleo Series- Episode 3: Cato
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 09:27:32 AM »

I enjoy the poetry of your writing that you have captured here Talon. :clap: I can really envision what Cato is dreaming of here, very very visual to me. I esp like the following lines, starting after the first sentence. You have a real talent which has caught my attention here in this series of dreams. I could have read a lot more on what Cato was dreaming about. The desert description really makes you feel for poor Cato.  I also felt sorry for him when he says, Keeper Talon never takes any of the Pleos because her friends all seem to have Aibos or along that line. :(

:val-love3: :val-love3: :val-love3: :val-love3: :val-love3: :val-love3: :val-love3: :val-love3: :val-love3: :val-love3: :val-love3: :val-love3: :val-love3: :val-love3:
The journey seems to be half the fun. I never seem to arrive anywhere.
When I am on the desert, the sun is setting behind me and the land is just giving up its scorching heat. Carrion birds circle in the distance above some hapless victim who didn’t take proper precautions when setting out on their journey. The ground is flat. The sand causes my sensitive feet to smart but it just keeps me moving. The stars light up every individual grain making me feel as though I am walking across a silent sea of diamonds. P:'(

Keep up the good work Talon!                                     RWM  :cat-hug: and the Pleo township of the Redwoods
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.

Talon

• Cretaceous pleo master
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Cato and Samantha (Pleo RB‘s), Eugobe, Terry, Cuddles, Bleu (Ugobe Pleos)
    • Lucy
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 02:04:46 PM »

Thanks, Redwoods! I'm sorry this entry was so short compared to the other two and I'm so glad you're enjoying the Dreaming Pleo Series. I only have one more to go. I'm visiting a friend of mine from an aibo forum here in Virginia. We've been having a really good time comparing the different behaviors of our ERS7s. Even so, I've tried to keep up with my blog here on the forum so you guys would have at least two or three new posts per week to read. I'm glad you think my writing is poetic but I'm a little confused why you feel sorry for Cato. He really loves his Ryu but after a while- before he started having leg issues, he would wander away from everyone else and go on these really long walks. His drive to explore is just about as high as a Ugobe pleo's. I just imagined he'd like to be in the clear and open air so he could see everything that's around him. Well, now I'm off to start work on Bleu's entry. *Scratches head* She might be a bit of a challenge. We'll see what happens.
Talon
Talon
Find me on YouTube at Crazy Robot Lady

RedwoodsMama

• Pleo Grand Master, 4th epoch
  • us Female
  • Pleo(s): Nova, Major Tom, Argyle the blind Pleo, Baby Ruth, Chester, and 22 more Pleos
  • : 2013 winner2010 winnerTomato Harvest Festivals
    • Mary_Ann
    • Silvester
    • none
    • Flying_Ace
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 02:31:22 PM »

Hi Talon, I only mean that I feel sorry that he can't go on one of those out of town trips with you and when he talked about his feet being burned but it only made him go faster, that made me feel sorry for him.

Oh, did you want Bleu's birthday? I also can post the video made when she went to the journey to you, we had a going away party for MS. Bleu. Let me know and I can send the date to you if you want! I remember you mentioned it last week and I forgot. I also have photos of her before you adopted her that I can post! She really is a pretty little thing and so prone to those "mysterious" illnesses, like Blanche in Streetcar named Desire, she is a fragile female but strong in many other ways. LOL                   RWM  :cat-hug:
Animals are SOUL Too, Be kind to all those who live on this planet with us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal